GPAT 2019 Application form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) is administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to postgraduate pharmacy courses. GPAT score is being used by all AICTE approved Institutions/University Departments and Constituent Colleges and also considered for providing scholarships and other financial assistance in the field of Pharmacy.
GPAT 2019 Important Updates
- GPAT 2019 Exam Date has released. The registration will be started from 22nd October 2018. Candidates can Click Here to register for GPAT.
GPAT 2019 Important Dates
|Online GPAT Registration Start Date||22nd October 2018|
|Last Date for Registration||15th December 2018|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of January 2019|
|Date of GPAT 2019 Examination||27th January 2019|
|The announcement of the Results of GPAT 2019||2nd week of February 2019|
|Downloading of Score Cards||2nd week of February 2019|
- Nationality: Applicant should be the citizen of India.
- No Age Criteria: No age restriction is there for appearing the online examination of GPAT.
- Qualifying Examination: Bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (B.Pharma) of duration 4 years is the minimum educational requirement. Applicants passed/appearing the lateral entry B.Pharma programme is also eligible to apply.
- Appearing Applicants: Those who are in final year of B.Pharma course are eligible for appearing the GPAT 2019.
|GEN/OBC Applicants||Rs. 1400/- + Bank Charges|
|SC/ST/PWD Applicants||Rs. 700/- + Bank Charges|
GPAT 2019 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Computer Based Test (CBT) where questions will be shown on a computer screen.
- Maximum Marks: There will be total 125 questions carrying 500 marks.
- Type of Questions: Multiple-choice questions only.
- Medium: The medium of the test paper will be English only.
- Marking Scheme: Each right answer will carry 4 marks.
- Exam Duration: The duration of the examination will be 3 hours.
|Mode of Exam||CBT (Computer Based Test)|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours.|
|The number of Questions||125 Questions.|
|Negative Marking||1 Mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks will be awarded for every right answer|
GPAT 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be available for download from AICTE-GPAT website in the 2nd week of January 2019 by login using username and password to download the admit card.
- A printout of the downloaded admit card must be brought to the test center on the day of examination.
GPAT 2019 Result
- In the second week of February 2019, GPAT 2019 result is expected to be declared online on the official website of AICTE-GPAT.
- Applicants can apply for admission to M.Pharma course on the basis of GPAT scores.
GPAT 2019 Score Card
- After the declaration of results, GPAT 2019 Scorecard will be released by AICTE.
- Applicants have to enter details like email address and password to download the scorecard.
- Scorecard is valid only for one year i.e. for admission to the current academic session only.
GPAT 2019 Merit List
- On the scores obtained by the applicants in online entrance examination of GPAT, all India merit list will be prepared based.
- The merit list specifies Total Score, Category, Rank, Applicant Roll number and Qualified/Not-Qualified status of all the applicants.
GPAT 2019 Counselling
- Applicants can participate in the GPAT counselling conducted individually by the institutions.
- Applicants are required to take part in the admission procedure of respective institutions based on GPAT scores.
- Allotment of seats will depend upon applicant scores in the entrance exam.
GPAT 2019 Exam Syllabus
- GPAT syllabus includes the questions of Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) level.
- The subjects covered under the syllabus are Physical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmaceutics, Physical Pharmacy, Organic Chemistry, Pharmacology, Pharmacognosy, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, Pathophysiology, Pharmaceutical Analysis, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics, Anatomy, Physiology and Health Education, Pharmaceutical Management, Pharmaceutical Engineering, Dispensing and Hospital Pharmacy.
- The detailed syllabus will be provided when it will be released by the authority.
Preparation Tips for GPAT 2019
- For the exam preparation selection of right book is the most important step.
- Collect all the details regarding exam pattern and syllabus.
- Practice sample papers/previous year question papers.
- Take a proper sleep and also maintain your health.
- You will get enough time for revising the earlier prepared topics so revision is very important so make your schedule.
GPAT 2019 Important Points
- The examination will be conducted in online mode as the computer-based test (CBT).
- GPAT 2019 is conducted once in a year.
- 1 mark will be deducted for each wrong response.
- Refer eligibility criteria section of our article to check the eligibility.
- Applicants can pay registration fee through credit card/debit card/net banking or SBI Challan.
- The validity for GPAT 2019 score card is only for one year.
- You have to download it from the official website of GPAT.
- Once the application is submitted, no changes will be allowed further.