HORTICET 2022: Dr.Y.S.R. Horticultural University (Dr. YSRHU), Venkataramannagudem conducts Horticulture Common Entrance Test also called HORTICET. It is a state-level exam-renowned pre-agriculture exam for candidates seeking admission into B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture. The given course is a four-year UG degree program. HORTICET will be conducted in offline mode in the Telugu language. Read and understand the eligibility criteria carefully before you fill the application form of HORTICET. Diploma holders will be granted 15% of seats (47 seats) in B.Sc. (Hons.) Horticulture. From the above seats, the local candidates will get 85% of seats, while 15% of seats will be treated as an unreserved quota.
HORTICET 2022: Important Dates
|Availability of the application form
||1st week of June 2022
|Application Submission ends on
||4th week of June 2022
||2nd week of July 2022
||3rd week of July 2022
|Declaration of Result
|Counselling Process starts from
- Candidate must be a citizen of India
- Passed Diploma in Horticulture course from Dr. YSRHU.
- Appearing candidates in the final year of the qualifying exam can also apply for HORTICET 2022.
- Such candidate will have to submit his/her Final Memorandum of Marks-cum-Pass Certificate of the qualifying exam during the counseling process
- Candidate must be 17 years before or on 31st December of the year of admission
- The maximum permissible age for candidates belonging to General or Backward Class (BC) is 22 years.
- For Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) category candidates, the maximum age limit has been relaxed to 25 years as per government norms.
- The upper age limit has been further relaxed to 27 years for physically handicapped candidates.
|General and OBC
|SC and ST
- The application fee will be paid through a demand draft.
- The demand draft has to be made in favor of ‘Dr. Y.S.R HORTICULTURAL UNIVERSITY’ payable at Tadepalligudem, on any Nationalized Bank.
- There is no other mode of making the fee payment.
- No cash or online mode of payment will be acceptable.
- The test of HORTICET will consist of objective type questions.
- It is a pen and paper-based test.
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours (120 minutes).
- A total of 200 questions will be asked in the entrance test.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every correct answer.
- A negative marking scheme will not be applicable.
- The question paper will be available in the Telugu language only.
|Mode of Examination
|Number of Questions
- HORTICET 2022 will be conducted only at one examination center which is given below.
- College of Horticulture, Dr. Y.S.R. Horticultural University, Venkataramannagudem-534101, Near Tadepalligudem, West Godavari District
HORTICET 2022 Counselling
- The University will publish the date of counseling on its official website.
- Candidates with their names are mentioned in the merit list will be eligible for counseling.
- Allotment of seats will be done completely on the basis of marks scored in the test and verification of documents.
- 85% seats will be allotted to candidates from Andhra Pradesh.
- Remaining 15% will be allotted to candidates from outside Andhra Pradesh.
Documents required during counseling
- Age Proof
- Mark Sheet of 10th class
- Caste Certificate (if applicable)
- Scorecard of HORTICET 2022
- Mark sheet of Diploma in Horticulture from Dr. YSRHU
||Disease and pest management
||Genetics and breeding of horticulture crops
||Medicinal and aromatic plants
||Vegetable science and post-harvest technology
||Application of nanotechnology
||Principle of horticulture and plant biotechnology
||Commercial horticulture and bio-inputs
||Forestry, natural resources, and environmental sciences
|Entomology and apiculture
||Applied Physical Sciences and Statistics
Important books from HORTICET 2022
- Objective Horticulture by Anil Verma
- Basic Horticulture by Jitendra Singh
- Glaustas Horticulture by P Muthukumar
- Handbook Of Horticulture by K L Chadha
- MCQs in Horticulture by Bharat Singh Hada
- Question Bank of Horticulture by S N Gupta
- Horticulture at a Glance by DRam and B B Singh
Official Website: https://www.drysrhu.edu.in/