To select the candidates for admission for the 2 years’ Bachelor of Education diploma, Himachal Pradesh University conducts HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020. All the important information about HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result etc are given in the article below. Candidates can apply for HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020 to take admission into the allied institutes of Himachal Pradesh to pursue the course.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020: Important Dates
|Online application form filling process starts||April 2020|
|Successful transaction of fee last date||May 2020|
|Admit card will be uploaded||May 2020|
|Entrance Test date||May 2020|
|Answer key will be displayed||June 2020|
|Declaration of Result||June 2020|
|Declaration of Merit list||June 2020|
|Counseling Process||June 2020|
|Deadline to join the allotted college||July 2020|
|Academic session will be commenced from||July 2020|
HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020 Application Form Details
The application form will be available online on the official website. Candidates will be required to fill the information in the application form related to their academic records. Read the instruction carefully given in the advertisement. Candidates will be required to upload the scanned photo and signature to upload in the application form before submission. Candidates are advised to take the printout of the duly filled application form and after making the payment of the application fee.
- To appear in HPU B.Ed. Entrance Exam 2020, applicants must be citizens of India.
- For students applying to the regular B.Ed course of 2 years, there is no upper age limit prescribed by the authority.
- Passed Bachelor’s Degree (Medical/ Non-Medical/ Commerce/ Arts) with 50% marks is required or
- Passed Master’s Degree in Social Sciences/ Sciences/ Humanity/ Bachelor’s in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks is required.
- A minimum of 45% marks in the qualifying examination will be required by SC/ ST/ OBC/ PwD applicants.
- Appearing candidates can also apply.
- Such candidates will be required to produce the necessary documents at the time of admission.
- The application fee is INR 800 for General and OBC category.
- The application fee is INR 400 for SC/ ST candidates.
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Application fees can be paid via online mode.
- There is also a facility to pay the application fee through offline mode.
- Aspirants can pay the fees via Internet banking or Credit/ Debit card.
- A small transaction charge may be applicable.
- Aspirants can pay by the offline mode by using an e-Challan of State bank of India.
- To pay through offline mode, download the e-Challan from the website, fill in the necessary details and submit it along with the fees at the nearest branch of the bank.
- The exam will take place in offline mode (pen paper-based).
- There will be 150 multiple choice questions (MCQ).
- 2 hours duration will be given to complete the exam.
- 1 mark will be awarded for a correct answer.
|Name of Subjects||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Language & Comprehension (Hindi & English)||40||40|
|Teaching Aptitude and Aptitude||20||20|
|Knowledge of National Commissions/ Committees on Education||30||30|
- Admit card will be available to download from the official website of HPU.
- The admit card will contain details about the applicant such as the name and roll number, date of exam and the test center allotted along with the address.
- Preserve the admit card carefully.
- The admit card will be required to produce at the time of admission and counseling, duly signed by the exam invigilator.
- Please note that the admit card will not be sent by post to any participant.
- Admit card is an important document to sit in the examination hall.
- Without the admit card, there will be no student can enter into the exam hall without it.
- Applicants will be required to select the city code in the application form accordingly.
- The allotted exam center will not be changed under any situation.
- Governing body will allow a center to the participants to give the exam.
- The venue of the center will be mentioned in the admit card.
- The result will be announced on the official website of the university in the form of scorecards.
- The results will be declared in the last week of June 2020.
- Candidates can download their results from the official website by accessing their registered accounts.
- The counseling process will start around July 2020.
- The counseling schedule will be uploaded on the official HPU website.
- The participants shortlisted via the merit list must attend the counseling session according to the time and date allotted to them for admission in the various colleges.
- Seats will be allotted on the basis of merit and preference of institute as chosen by the applicant.
- The candidates selected through the entrance exam must be present in person for the counseling procedure.
Documents required during counseling
- HPU B.Ed 2020 admit card and rank card
- Class 10 mark sheet and certificate
- Class 12 mark sheet and certificate
- Mark sheets of all semesters of qualifying graduate degree
- Caste certificate and PwD certificate
- Character certificate from the institution last attended
- The syllabus is based on graduate level knowledge covering questions from topics of degree subjects (BA, B.Com, B.Sc, etc.).
- The exam consists of questions from the subjects like General Awareness, Language and Comprehension, Logical Reasoning, Knowledge of National Commission and Committees on Education, Teaching Aptitude and Attitude.