Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) organizes IIFT Exam called IIFT 2021 for admission to MBA (International Business). It a national-level entrance test given by 60,000 candidates (approximately) to compete against 420 seats. A new campus of IIFT 2021 in Kakinada, Andhra Pradesh is expected to start soon. The institute is waiting for the approval of UGC. Get the details related to IIFT 2021 in the article given below.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Chandigarh University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|LPU: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
IIFT 2021: Important Dates
|Registration starts from||1st week of August 2020|
|Last date to request change in the exam center||1st week of November 2020|
|Exam date||1st week of December 2020|
|Result date||4th week of December 2020|
|Selection Procedure||January/February 2021|
|Final Results||March 2021|
- Indian and Foreign National Students are eligible to apply in IIFT.
- A graduation degree in any stream from a recognized university with a minimum aggregate of 55% is required to apply.
- Appearing candidates are also eligible to apply.
- There is no age limit set by IIFT.
For Foreign National and NRI
- Candidate must possess a valid passport/travel document from a country other than India.
- Candidate should have been resident outside India for at least 18 months.
- Candidate must have a valid Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) score.
|Other Backward Classes (OBCs)||23%|
|Scheduled Castes (SCs)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (STs)||7.5%|
|Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)||4%|
- The application fee for General Category will be INR 1550/-
- The application fee for Reserved Category will be INR 775/-
- The application fee for Foreign Nationals will be INR 4,500/US $ 80
- The application fee can be paid both online using Debit/Credit Card/Net banking or offline through a Demand Draft
- DD must be drawn in favor of INDIAN INSTITUTE OF FOREIGN TRADE payable at New Delhi.
- The total duration of IIFT 2021 will be two hours.
- The exam is based on the section-wise format.
- Objective/Multiple types of questions will be asked in the IIFT exam.
- The marks distribution of each section in the exam differs from each other.
- There is a different negative marking scheme for each section.
- 1/3 of the marks are deducted for every wrong answer.
|Section||Name of the section||Number of questions|
|2 – Part 1||Reading comprehension||16|
|2 – Part 2||English usage||20|
| 4 – Part 1||Logical reasoning||22|
|4 – Part 2||Data interpretation||20|
The exam of IIFT 2021 will be conducted at following places: Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Jaipur, Mumbai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Ahmadabad, Nagpur, Visakhapatnam, Dehradun, Guwahati, Indore, Allahabad, Bhubaneswar, Kochi, Lucknow, Coimbatore, Kolkata, Jamshedpur
Cut Off 2017
Sectional Cut off
|Section||Cutoff marks||Max. Marks|
Category wise Overall Cut off
|Category||Cutoff marks||Max. Marks|
- It aims to test candidates’ writing skills and conceptual knowledge about the topics.
- An essay based on some topic of General or business affairs.
- The length of a well-defined essay is usually 300 words.
- The average duration of this round is 20 minutes.
- The qualified candidates from the previous rounds are divided into groups of 10-12 participants.
- Candidates are given a topic related to current or business affairs.
- The duration of the GD usually varies.
- It aims to test candidates’ ability to take initiative, ability to effectively communicate their ideas are generally some qualities.
- The usual duration of PI round in 10-15 minutes.
- Candidates will be judged on the basis of their persona and ability to stay focused under pressure.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Algebra, Arithmetic, Geometry, Number System, Modern Mathematics, Statistics, Set theory
- English: Reading Comprehension, Fill in the blanks, Para-jumbles, Sentence Correction, Odd one out, Vocabulary based, Idioms and Synonyms & Antonyms
- Logical Reasoning & Data Interpretation: Critical Reasoning, Arrangements, Puzzles, Syllogisms, Coding & Decoding, Venn Diagrams, Graphs & Charts
- General Knowledge: Business & Economics, Awards & Records, Science & Environment, History & Geography, International Organisations, Social Issues, Politics & Sports