IIT JAM 2018 Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
IIT JAM (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is organized at a national level by the IITs and IISc on the rotation basis. This examination act as the gateway for students to get admission in M.Sc (Four Semesters), Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech. & other courses. IIT JAM score will be taken into consideration by the top reputed colleges & institutions like IITs & IISc etc. This exam came into force from the year 2014.
IIT JAM 2018 Application last date has extended till 17th October 2017.
JAM 2018 Overview
JAM 2018 Notification
- JAM 2018 Application form now available from 5th September 2017 to 17th October 2017. Click Here to apply for JAM 2018.
- How to Prepare for JAM 2018: Tips and Tricks– Check Here
IIT JAM 2018 Important Dates
|JAM 2018 Online Application Process starts from||5th September 2017|
|Last date for Online Application Submission and uploading documents on website|
|Last date for payment of Application fee online|
|Downloading of admit cards||2nd week of January 2018|
|Examination date for JAM 2018||11th February 2018|
|Results declaration||20th March 2018|
|Submission of application form for admission on JAM 2018 website||3rd April to 17th April 2018|
Closing Date for receipt of a request for change of Category in proper format/ rectification of defective documents at IIT Bombay
|17th April 2018|
|Declaration of 1st admission list||22nd May 2018|
|Declaration of 2nd admission list||12th June 2018|
|Declaration of final admission list||29th June 2018|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2018||5th July 2018|
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|11th February 2018 (Sunday)||I||9:00AM to 12:00 Noon||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
|II||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
JAM 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian & Foreign candidates were eligible to apply for IIT JAM 2019.
- Candidates must possess a bachelor’s degree in any stream from any recognized university/college.
- Students must secure minimum 55% marks for general & OBC-NCL candidates and 50% marks for SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Appearing candidates i.e. final year students are also eligible to apply.
JAM 2018 Application form
- The interested and eligible applicants have to apply only online for JAM 2018 from the official website.
- The applicants are advised to go through eligibility criteria before they start application procedure.
- The applicants should be ready with scanned photograph and signature of the specified format.
- There is no other mode of application except online mode.
- The applicants must have applied on or before the last date of application which is 2nd week of October 2017.
The applicants have to pay an application fee to complete the application procedure either through online mode or offline (E-challan) mode via SBI. In online mode, the application fee can be paid through net banking, debit/credit card. The application fee once paid is non-refundable. The application fee for different categories is as follows-
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|SC/ST/PwD & Female (all categories)||Rs.750/-||Rs.1050/-|
JAM 2018 Exam Pattern
- Examination Type: Objective type test
- Number of questions: 60 divided in three section viz. A, B, C
- Time Duration: 3 hours
- Marking Scheme: 60 questions carrying 100 marks
- Mode: Computer Based Test
- Negative Marking: There will be no negative marking in Section B and Section C.
- Complete details for JAM Exam Pattern- Check Here
|Section-A||30 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)|
|Section-B||10 Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)|
|Section-C||20 Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
JAM 2018 Exam Centers
The applicants who are going to appear in JAM 2018 can check the list of JAM exam centers. There is a specified list of examination center for 2018 is given below to help the appearing applicants. Details of JAM Exam Centers- Click here
IIT JAM 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus will comprise in various subjects such as Biological Sciences (BL), Biotechnology (BT), Mathematics (MA), Mathematical Statistics (MS) Chemistry (CY), Geology (GC), and Physics (PH). Candidates should have the complete knowledge about the officially prescribed syllabus. The Syllabus for the seven Papers specified as follows: Check details for JAM Syllabus- Click here
Biological Sciences (BL):
- General Biology
- Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology
- Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology
- Mathematical Sciences
The syllabus will be of the 10+2+3 level. The Biotechnology test paper comprises of
- Biology (44% weightage),
- Chemistry (20% weightage),
- Mathematics (18% weightage)
- Physics (18% weightage).
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- The Planet Earth
- Structural Geology
- Economic Geology
- Applied Geology
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers
- Functions of Two Real Variables
- Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Group Theory
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
Mathematical Statistics (MS):
The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics (40% weightage) and Statistics (60% weightage).
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Random Variables
- Standard Distributions
- Joint Distributions
- Sampling distributions
- Testing of Hypotheses
- Mathematical Methods
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Oscillations, Waves and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Simple Oscillators
JAM 2018 Test Cities
|IISc Bangalore||Bengaluru, Hubli, Kannur, Kozhikode, Mangalore, Hyderabad, Palakkad, Trissur|
|IIT Bombay||Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Nanded, Nasik, Nagpur, Pune, Vadodara, Goa,|
|IIT Delhi||Faridabad, Ghaziabad, Gurugram, Greater Noida, HisarJaipur, Jammu, Jodhpur, New Delhi, Indore,|
|IIT Guwahati||Asansol-Durgapur, Guwahati, Jorhat, Kalyani, Patna, Dibrugarh, Siliguri, Dhanbad,|
|IIT Kanpur||Agra, Bhopal, Bareilly, Kanpur, Lucknow, Varanasi, Allahabad,|
|IIT Kharagpur||Bhubaneswar, Kolkata, Ranchi, Vijaywada, Visakhapatnam, Kharagpur, Raipur|
|IIT Madras||Chennai,Coimbatore, Ernakulam, Kollam, Madurai, Tirunelveli, Warangal, Tiruchirapalli, Kottayam, Thiruvananthapuram,|
|IIT Roorkee||Dehradun, Roorkee, Kurukshetra, NOIDA, Mohali, Moradabad, Jalandhar,|
JAM Admit Card 2018
The admit cards are available online from December 2017. The candidates appearing for the examination can download the admit cards for JAM 2018 after the availability of the official notice. JAM admit cards will only be available online. The candidates can log on to the JOAPs (JAM Online Application Portals) to download the admit cards- Check Here
JAM 2018 Counselling
IIT JAM counselling will be organized after the result announcement of IIT JAM examination. A candidate who falls in the category of merit list will be only applicable to participate in the counseling session of IIT JAM 2018. The counseling session will go to be conducted within the second or third week of April 2018. Check JAM 2018 couselling detials- Click here
IIT JAM 2018 Important Points
- JAM 2018 will be conducted by IIT Bombay.
- JAM 2018 Examination is conducted for admission to various academic programmes (as listed in the Information Brochure) in IISc and IITs for the academic year 2018-19 only.
- Go to the link How to apply?, read the instructions and apply using the JAPS link provided in JAM website.
- One e-mail address can be used to submit only one application form.
- A candidate can apply for either one or two out of the seven JAM test papers.
- For PwD candidates with any category of disability (viz., blindness or low vision, hearing impairment, locomotor disability, and/or cerebral palsy), benefit will be given to only those who have at least 40% permanent physical impairment with respect to a body part/system/extremity/whole body, etc. In order to avail concession under the PwD category, the candidates should upload a recently obtained valid PwD certificate issued by competent authority.
- Requests for change of JAM Examination paper(s) after the submission of Application Form will not be considered under any circumstances. Therefore, you must make clear choice(s) of the test paper(s) that you wish to appear in IIT JAM 2018.
- A scribble pad will be provided to the candidate that can be used to do the rough work. The candidate has to return the scribble pad after the examination.
- A virtual calculator will be available on the Computer screens for calculations.[/[/su_note]li>