IIT JAM 2019 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility, Pattern, Syllabus
JAM 2019 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc) is a gateway to various professional courses such as M.Sc (2 years), M.Sc-PhD, M.Sc-M.Tech, Joint M.Sc-PhD, and many other Bachelor degree courses. IITs & IISc conduct this national level examination in the rotation bases. JAM is held in the month of February every year. IIT JAM 2019 will be organized by IIT Kharagpur. The interested applicants can check out the important details of JAM 2019 from this article given below.
IIT JAM 2019 Notification
- IIT JAM 2019 Application Process has from 5th September 2018. Candidates can Click Here to Apply for JAM 2019.
IIT JAM 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||IIT JAM 2019 (Joint Admission Test for M.Sc)|
|JAM Organizing Institute||IIT Kharagpur|
|EXAM TYPE||National Level Entrance Exam for Postgraduate Programs in Science|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||M.Sc, Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D, M.Sc.-Ph.D Dual Degree, M.Sc.-M.Tech Other PG Degree Programs at IITs, and IISc|
|MODE OF JAM 2019||Online (Computer Based Test)|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||60|
|SECTION||Section-A: 30 MCQ, Section-B: 10 MSQ, Section-C: 20 NAT.|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions), MSQ (Multiple Select Questions), NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
|EXAM DURATION||3 Hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Minimum 55% in Bachelor’s Degree|
|EXAM DATE||10th February 2019 (Sunday)|
IIT JAM 2019 Important Dates
|Availability of the Application form||5th September 2018 (Saturday)|
|Deadline to submit the online application & uploading documents||10th October 2018 (Monday)|
|Availability of the Admit card||4th January 2019|
|Mock Test Available on||10th January 2019|
|IIT JAM 2019 Exam Date||10th February 2019 (Sunday)|
|Candidate response||19th February 2019|
|Answer Key release||25th February 2019|
|Result Declaration||20th March 2019|
|Rank and Merit List||5th April 2019|
|Submission of admission form||11th-24th April 2019|
|First admission list released||3rd June 2019|
|Second admission list released||18th June 2019|
|Third & final admission list release||1st July 2019|
|Closure of Admissions through JAM 2019||5th July 2019|
|Exam Date||Session||Time||Test Papers and Codes|
|February 10, 2019 (Sunday)||I||9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon||Biological Sciences (BL), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH)|
|II||2:00 PM to 5:00 PM||Biotechnology (BT), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG) and Mathematical Statistics (MS)|
JAM 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Both Indian and Foreign Candidates can apply.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Candidates belonging to the General/OBC-NCL Category, have to get at least 55% aggregate marks in the qualifying degree, without rounding off (50% aggregate for candidates who belong to the SC/ST and PwD Category Candidates).
- Candidates appearing in the final examination of their qualifying degree in 2018 are also eligible for this entrance exam.
- For M.Sc. – Candidate must have Bachelor’s degree (Geology) and any two subjects among Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biological Science Physics. Also, the candidate must have passed 12th with Math as a mandatory subject.
- For M.Sc. in IITB –Candidate must have passed graduation with both Mathematics and Physics for two years and at least one out of these two for three years.
- For M.Sc. Biotechnology in IITB and IITR – Candidates must have done graduation degree in any of these (Science, Agriculture, Pharmacy, Veterinary, Engineering, and Medicine) branches.
- For M.Sc. Chemistry in IITG, IITK, IITB, IITD, IITM, and IITR – Candidate must have done a graduate degree in chemistry and also candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics.
- For M.Sc. Mathematics in IITB, IITD, IITK, and IITM – Candidate must have done graduation with Math as a subject for minimum two years or four semesters.
- For M.Sc. Physics in IITB, IITD, IITG, IITK, IITM and IITR) or Joint M.Sc. / PhD (Physics) in IITK –Candidate must have done graduation with Physics for minimum two years/ four semesters and also must have done graduation with math for at least one year or two semesters.
- For Joint M.Sc. or Ph.D. in Geophysics at IITK – Candidate must have done graduation with any two subjects from Physics, Mathematics and Geology minimum 3 years and 6 semesters.
- For M.Sc or Ph.D. (Dual Degree) in IITB – Candidate must be a graduate in any one of these subjects Physics, Chemistry and Math for minimum two years and four semesters.
IIT JAM 2019 Application Form
- IIT JAM 2018 application form is filled and submitted through online mode.
- Candidates have to register first by entering their name, valid Email ID, Mobile Number and Password on the website.
- After successful registration, candidates will receive an Email containing their login credentials i.e. the enrollment ID.
- After login through the generated id, candidates have to fill their personal, qualification & academic other details in the application form.
- Upload the scanned images (photograph, signature) and SC/ST/PwD certificates (if applicable).
- The fee can be reemitted through online mode only.
- Review your form before final submission.
- Take a printout of the application form for future references.
IIT JAM Application fee
- Application fee can be paid through online mode
- The fee payment can be remitted through DR/CR card/Net Banking.
- Application fee chart is given below:
|One Test Paper||Two Test Papers|
|Female (All Categories), SC, ST, PwD||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1050/-|
|General & OBC||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2100/-|
JAM 2019 Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: Online mode (Computer Based Test).
- Duration: 3hrs
- Language: English language only.
- No. of Question: Only 60 questions will be asked in the examination.
- Sections: The question paper is divided into three sections.
- Total Marks: The question paper carries 100 marks.
- Negative Marking: No negative marking for Section B & C.
|Section||No. of Question|
|Section-A||30 MCQs (Multiple Choice Question)|
|Section-B||10 MCQs (Multiple Select Question)|
|Section-C||20 NAT (Numerical Answer Type)|
IIT JAM 2019 Admission Process
Once the results for JAM 2019 will be declared, the qualified applicants can apply online for admission through the official portal. The applicants will be eligible for admission to any of the corresponding academic course of IISc & IITs. On the basis of qualified test papers, the applicants can apply for one or more academic courses which covered under those set of papers, subject to fulfilment of the minimum education qualification (MEQs), Eligibility Criteria (ERs) of the admitting institutes.
JAM 2019 Syllabus
- The syllabus is divided in three sections, i.e. Section A, B & C.
- The syllabus will comprise of various topics such as BT (Biotechnology), BL (Biological Sciences), GC (Geology), MS (mathematical statistics), MA (Mathematics) CY (Chemistry) and PH (Physics).
Biological Sciences (BL):
- General Biology
- Basics of Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular Biology
- Microbiology, Cell Biology and Immunology
- Mathematical Sciences
The syllabus will be of the 10+2+3 level. The Biotechnology test paper comprises of
- Biology (44% weightage),
- Chemistry (20% weightage),
- Mathematics (18% weightage)
- Physics (18% weightage).
- Physical Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry
- The Planet Earth
- Structural Geology
- Economic Geology
- Applied Geology
- Sequences and Series of Real Numbers
- Functions of Two Real Variables
- Differential Equations
- Vector Calculus
- Group Theory
- Linear Algebra
- Real Analysis
Mathematical Statistics (MS):
The Mathematical Statistics (MS) test paper comprises of Mathematics (40% weightage) and Statistics (60% weightage).
- Sequences and Series
- Differential Calculus
- Integral Calculus
- Differential Equations
- Random Variables
- Standard Distributions
- Joint Distributions
- Sampling distributions
- Testing of Hypotheses
- Mathematical Methods
- Mechanics and General Properties of Matter
- Oscillations, Waves and Optics
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Kinetic theory, Thermodynamics
- Modern Physics
- Solid State Physics, Devices and Electronics
- Simple Oscillators
JAM 2019 Admit card
IIT JAM 2019 Admit Card will be available via online mode through the official website. Admit card contains details like Candidate’s Name, Photograph, Signature, Registration Number, Code of Test Pater, Exam Center, etc. It is to be noted that the Admit card will not be sent by post or Email. Don’t forget to bring original & valid photo identification on the examination date. Candidates are not permitted to appear for the exam without valid admit card.
JAM 2019 Result
The IIT JAM Result 2019 will be released in the last week of March 2019. The result will be published via online mode through the website. Students can check the result by entering the necessary details in order to check the result. Separate AIR (All India Rank) rank list will be prepared. The merit list will be prepared as per the marks scored by the candidate in the examination.
Manipal University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here
JAM 2019 Counselling
Merit list includes all the shortlisted candidates which are eligible to apply for admission. Candidates have to apply for admission by filling the application form through the website. In the application form candidates have to fill their preferred preferences, marks obtained education details, etc. Seats will be allotted to students as per the preferences filled, availability of seats and rank. After seat allotment, candidates have to visit to the allotted college for admission procedure.
IIT JAM 2019 Important Points
- Applicants can fill the application form through online mode.
- Only one Email ID can be used for one application form.
- The application form will be available from the 1st week of September 2018
- The application fee is different for different categories which is mentioned above.
- Fee payment can be done through online mode, i.e. DR/CR Card/Net Banking.
- There is no need to send the printed application to the authority.
- No, a virtual calculator will be available on the computer screen for calculations.
- IIT JAM will be conducted for 3hrs
- NRI, foreign candidates can apply for IIT JAM 2019 Exam.
- IIT JAM 2019 is scheduled to be held in 2nd week of February 2019.
- The syllabus will be based on these topics: BT (Biotechnology), BL (Biological Sciences), GC (Geology), MS (mathematical statistics), MA (Mathematics) CY (Chemistry) and PH (Physics).
- No negative making will be there in Section B & C.
- Only objective type of questions will be asked comprises of 60 questions.