IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2022: Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Roorkee offers Full Time and Part Time Ph.D. program in various disciplines of Sciences, Engineering, and Management. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee was established as the Roorkee College in 1847. There are about 48 postgraduate courses in engineering, science and business administration, architecture. IIT Roorkee is also offering many research programs at the doctorate level. Candidates can apply for Admission to Ph.D. (Full Time & Part-Time) Programme for Autumn Semester 2022. Eligible candidates may apply two times for Ph.D. admissions at IIT Roorkee in a year. Application for IIT Roorkee Ph.D. Admission 2022 session will be tentatively available from February.
IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Online applications will start from||2nd week of March 2022|
|Last date of application||1st week of April 2022|
- The candidates must have Master’s degree in related discipline or equivalent scoring minimum CGPA 6.5 OR 60% marks in aggregate (of all the years/semesters) where marks are given for General Candidates & passed national level graduate entrance examination (GATE/UGC-NET/CSIR/NET or equivalent).
- The candidates must have B.Tech/B. Arch degree or equivalent in related discipline from CFTIs scoring minimum 75% OR 7.0).
- The candidates for GATE is not applicable to the applicants from CFTIs (the list of CFTIs is available at the official website of the institute). OR
- The candidates appearing Master’s degree in engineering OR architecture from IIT Roorkee scoring 7.50 CGPA will have the option of internal lateral entry in the Ph.D. course after completing all requirements of the 1st 2 semesters of the 1st year of the Master’s degree.
For Part-Time Ph.D
The minimum entry qualification for the degree is
- The candidates must prove that their official duties allow him/her to devote sufficient time for research.
- The candidates have to present at the institute a minimum of 6 months during his/her registration degree.
- These candidates are exempted from the requirement of valid GATE/NET/GPAT scores.
- The candidates should have continuous service with the sponsoring organization for a minimum of 2 years while submitting the application form.
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2022: Application procedure
The candidates have to apply online from the official website of IIT Roorkee http://pgadm.iitr.ernet.in. The candidates have to enter all the details as required in the application form. They also have to affix their photograph, downloaded IITR copy of bank challan and signature. The application forms along with all required documents have to be sent at PG Admissions Office, IIT Roorkee, Roorkee-247667, Uttarakhand
- The application fee per department for General/Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/OBC category will be Rs.200/-.
- For SC/ST/PD category candidate, the application fee will be Rs. 100/-.
- The application fee will be non-refundable.
- The candidates can deposit the requisite application fee by using net banking or debit/credit card facilities.
- The Fee will not be accepted through any other mode
- The application fee should be paid in accordance with the number of departments/centers if the candidate opts for more than one department/center.
How to Apply
Stage I (Apply for Ph.D.)
- Online application
- Finalizing the application form
- Downloading the application form & Bank Challan simultaneously
Stage II (Payment of application fee)
- The application fee is Rs. 200 for General/OBC and Rs. 100/- for SC/ST/PD at any Branch of SBI throughout the country by bank Challan on or before the last date (bank service charges of Rs. 40 has to be paid).
- Bank will take a copy & return 2 copies to the candidates for further use. Out of these 2 copies, one copy has to be sent with the application form to IITR and another one is for the candidates.
Documents to upload in the Application Form
|Soft copy of the colour photograph||(only in JPEG)||Up to 500 KB|
|Soft copy of the signature||(only in JPEG)||Up to 500 KB|
|EWS/OBC/SC/ST Category Certificate, if applicable||(PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|10th Certificate/Marksheet||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|12th certificate/Diploma and Marksheet||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|Bachelors Degree or Final/Consolidated Marksheet||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|Masters Degree or Final/Consolidated Marksheet, if applicable||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|Experience certificate(s) and No Objection Certificate (NOC) for In-Service candidates, if applicable||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
|GATE score card / NET score card / Fellowship award letter, if applicable||(in single PDF)||Up to 5 MB|
The eligible candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in written examination and personal interview scheduled by the institute.
Specialization provided through IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission
|Hydrology||Earthquake Engg.||Humanities & Social Sciences|
|Civil Engg.||Electrical Engg.||Mechanical & Industrial Engg.|
|Mathematics||Management studies||Alternate Hydro-energy center|
|Biotechnology||Physics/ Chemistry||Metallurgical & Material Engg.|
|Chemical Engg.||Computer Science & Engg.||Electronics & communication Engg.|
|Earth Sciences||Architecture & Planning||Water resources development & management|
Note– For more queries about IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2022-22, you may access the official website of IIT Roorkee. Check here official notice.
1 thought on “IIT Roorkee Ph.D Admission 2022 Application Form, Dates, Eligibility”
Sir is there not available Sociology sub. For phd admission?…