JEECUP 2019: UP Polytechnic Application Form, Exam Dates
JEECUP 2019: UP Polytechnic Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility
Uttar Pradesh Board of Technical Education (UPBTE) organizes a state level Polytechnic entrance examination called Joint Entrance Examination Council of UP’ or generally known as JEECUP 2019 for candidates, who wish to pursue the Polytechnic diploma, PG diploma and post diploma programmes in the field of technology & engineering and management. The board conducts JEECUP examination every year. All the eligible and interested candidates can apply for admission and the entrance exam.
JEECUP 2019 Notification
- JEECUP 2019 will be started from 20th December 2018.
- The examination will be held on 28th April 2019. Candidates can Click Here to apply for UP Polytechnic.
JEECUP 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||JEECUP 2019 (UP Polytechnic Entrance Exam)|
|ORGANIZING AUTHORITY||Joint Entrance Examination Council, Uttar Pradesh|
|EXAM TYPE||State Level Entrance Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||Engineering, Technology, Pharmacy, and Other Diploma Courses|
|MODE OF JEECUP 2019||Offline (pen and paper-based) mode|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||100|
|MARKING SCHEME||4 marks for each correct answer and -1 mark for each incorrect answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Question|
|EXAM DURATION||3 hours (Two shifts, i.e. Morning (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM) and Afternoon (2:30 PM – 5:30 PM).)|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Different as per different courses|
|EXAM DATE||28th April 2019 (Announced)|
JEECUP 2019 Important Dates
|Application forms availability||20th December 2018|
|Submission of application form Last date||28th February 2019|
|Admit card will be issued from||1st week of April 2019|
|Exam Date||28th April 2019|
|The result will be announced on||Last week of May 2019|
- A candidate must be the citizen of Uttar Pradesh besides having Indian nationality.
- The minimum age for applying thru the application form is 14 years.
- The board has not set an upper age limit for the candidates.
- The educational criterion asks to have group-wise different academic qualifications but all in all a candidate must pass minimum higher secondary or any equivalent course.
|A||Diploma in Engineering & Technology||10th passed/appeared with minimum 35% marks|
|B||Agriculture Engineering||10th passed/appeared with Agriculture subject in 12th.|
|C||Fashion Design, Home Science and Textile Design and Engineering||10th passed/appeared with minimum 35% marks|
|D||12th passed/appeared (Hindi and English)|
|E||Diploma in Pharmacy.||10+2 Examination (Academic Stream) in science with 50% marks for Unreserved/OBC and 45% marks for SC/ST|
|F||Post Graduate in Biotechnology||B.Sc Passed/appeared with Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry|
|G||Post Graduate Diploma Courses.||Graduate in any discipline|
|H||Diploma in Hotel Management.||12th passed/appeared with 50% marks for GEN/OBC and 45% for SC/ST|
|I||Diploma in Aircraft Maintenance Engineering.||12th Science passed/ appeared and aggregate 50% marks in physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects|
|J||Post Diploma in Information Technology.||Engineering diploma passed/ appeared from BTEUP affiliated institute|
UP Polytechnic Application Form 2019
All the candidates, who are eligible to apply for the entrance test, can apply online. The JEECUP Application form will be available on the official website of the UP Technical Board. The applicant shall have to attach their scanned copy of the signature and photo in the application form.
- The application fee will be Rs. 300/- for general and OBC candidates.
- The application fee for SC and ST candidates will be Rs. 200/-.
- The application fee payment can be made via debit/credit card, net banking or e-challan of SBI bank.
JEECUP 2019 Exam Pattern
- The exam will be conducted in the offline mode viz, paper and pen based.
- Candidates will have both languages on the question paper which are Hindi and English.
- There will be 120 questions in the question paper.
- Candidates will get three hours to solve the question paper.
- Every question will reward 4 marks and the negative marking will be of 1/4th.
An overview of the number of marks for JEECUP 2019 as follows
|Number of Questions||120|
|Question Paper Type||Objective Type|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Mode of Exam||Pen & Paper Based (Offline)|
|Marking Scheme||4 Marks for each correct|
|Negative Marking||1 Marks deducted for each wrong|
Reservation of Seats
As per UP Government rules candidates belonging to certain categories as admitted to the seat reserved for them based on relaxed criteria
- OBC NCL (Other Backward Classes)- 27%
- SC (Scheduled Castes)- 21%
- ST (Scheduled Tribes)- 2%
- PwD (Persons with Disability with 40% or more disability)- 3%
- Ward of Military Personnel- 5%
- Girl Candidates of all categories– 20%
JEECUP 2019 Admit Card
- Admit card will be available, two or three weeks ago of the commencement of the exam.
- From the official web portal of the board, candidates will be able to get the admit card.
- Applicants need to take the printout of the application form.
- While going to appear for the examination, it is necessary for all the candidates to take the admit card with them.
- Those, who will not have their admit card with them, shall not be allowed to appear in the exam.
UP Polytechnic Result 2019
- All the dates given in the in the chart are tentative.
- The result will be available on the official website in the month of May 2019.
- Candidates will not get the rank or scorecard, instead, they will just get notified that they have qualified the exam.
UP Polytechnic Counselling 2019
- All the candidates can apply for admission in the various institutes for admission, after getting the result of the examination.
- To pursue the desired programme, candidates can take admission in their preferred institute.
- The counseling is expected to be starting from the June 2019.
Documents Required for Counselling/Admission:
- 10th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- UP Polytechnic 2019 admit card & result.
- Character certificate.
- Transfer certificate.
- Category certificate (if applicable).
- Passport size photographs.
UP Polytechnic Syllabus
- Students should prepare as per the syllabus to score better in the examination.
- It will be of 10th or 12th class standard as per the courses opted by the students.
- The syllabus for diploma in the pharmacy will contain questions from Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Mathematics subjects.
- For engineering & technology diploma, questions will be asked from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects.