JIPMER PG 2023: Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research conducts PG Entrance Exam for admission into MD/MS programs offered by the institute. The institute offers admission in PG courses like MD (Doctor of Medicine) and MS (Master of Surgery) in a wide range of specializations. The institute conducts PG entrance twice every year i.e. in the month of January and July. Candidates aspiring to appear for the JIPMER PG 2023 January session entrance test application form released in the month of September 2022 and for the July session, on March 2023. Candidates have to qualify for the JIPMER PG 2023 exam to get admission in PG courses. It organizes the examination in two sessions, i.e. January and July sessions.
JIPMER PG 2023 Important Dates
For January Session for MD/MS/DM/M.Ch/Fellowship
|Online registration starts from||2nd week of September 2022|
|Online registration Last date||2nd week of October 2022|
|Admit Card||3rd week of November 2022|
|Exam Date||1st week of December 2022|
|Merit list publication||2nd week of December 2022|
|Counselling||3rd week of December 2022|
|Admission Closing date||last week of February 2023|
|Online registration starts||4th week of February 2023|
|Closing of online registration||1st week of April 2023|
|Release of admit card||4th week of April 2023|
|Exam date||3rd week of May 2023|
|Result announcement||4th week of May 2023|
|Certificate Verification||2nd week of June 2023|
|First counseling||2nd week of June 2023|
|Second counseling||2nd week of July 2023|
|Third counseling||4th week of July 2023|
|Closing of admission||4th week of August 2023|
- Indians living overseas (OCI) are also eligible to apply for this exam. But they have to proof of registration as OCI at the time of counseling, to get enrolled in the admission process.
- Candidates must have an authentic MBBS degree from a state-recognized university.
- If candidates applying for MD/MS programs, the MBBS degree should also have the approval from the Medical Council of India.
- All the candidates must have scored a minimum of 55% aggregate marks (for the candidates belong to General category) in MBBS degree (50% for the reserved category students belongs to SC/ST).
- All the aspirants must have completed the pre-requisite of 12 months of rotating practical training/internship before the required date.
- At the time of appearing in the entrance exam year, all the candidates should be more than 20 years of age.
JIPMER PG 2023 Application Form
Candidates can submit the application through online mode only. Upload the scanned images of photograph & signature in 30mm width x 45mm and 80mm Width X 35mm dimensions respectively. Take the printout of the filled-in application form for further use. No request for a change in application details will be entertained after the final submission. For the January session, candidates can avail of its application form from September 2022 onward. After completion of the form submission process, candidates must take the printout of the same till the admission procedure ends.
The amount can be paid through debit card/credit card/net banking and it is non-refundable in nature.
|General(UR)/ OCI/ Sponsored||Rs. 1600/-|
|Foreign National||Rs. 3000/-|
|OPH||Exempted from Application Fee|
- The exam will be conducted online (computer-based test).
- There will be multiple-choice questions that will be asked in the exam.
- There will be 250 questions in the exam.
- The test duration will be for three hours.
- The question paper will be asked in the English language only.
- There will be four marks awarded for every correct response.
- 1 will be deducted for one incorrect response.
- Questions are to be asked from Basic Clinical Sciences (100 questions) & Clinical Sciences (150 Questions).
|Subjects||Number of Questions||Marks|
|Basic Clinical Sciences||100||400|
The exam will be organized in various cities like Ahmedabad, Mumbai, Bangalore, New Delhi, Bhuvaneswar, Puducherry, Chennai, Trivandrum, Kolkata, and Vijayawada.
JIPMER PG 2023 Counselling
Candidates need to get prepared in order to appear for the counseling process after the result declaration. The first round of counseling will start in the month of June 2023. The second round will be commenced in the month of July 2023. According to their category rank in the exam, candidates need to attend the counseling.
Documents Required during Counseling
- Hall Ticket of JIPMER PG 2023
- DOB Certificates
- Rank Letter
- Internship completion certificate
- ID proof
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- MBBS Degree or provisional pass certificate
- Basic Clinical Sciences: Anatomy, Pathology, Microbiology, Forensic Medicine, Biochemistry, Physiology, Pharmacology & Toxicology.
- Clinical Sciences: Medicine, Pediatrics, Radiotherapy, Nuclear Medicine, Orthopedics, ENT, Ophthalmology, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, Radiodiagnosis, Dermatology, Pulmonary Medicine, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Surgery, Community Medicine, Emergency Medicine, and Blood Transfusion Medicine.
JIPMER PG 2023: Important Points
- Read all the terms and conditions before getting to the process of filling.
- Fill all the authentic personal and academic details in the application form.
- During the process of fee transaction, don’t click on any refresh or back button.
- All the candidates have to pay the application fee online.
- Upload your authentic signature.
- Polaroid photographs will not be accepted at any cost so always upload the latest photograph in the specified formats.
- All the candidates will get three preferences for the cities of the exam center.
- If the seat is not available on particular choices, then the candidate will be provided by the nearby choices.
- The final call and the discretion of this are with the examination authorities of the institute.