JNCASR 2018 Admissions will be conducted soon. Jawaharlal Nehru is a multidisciplinary research institute located in Jakkur, a locality north of Bangalore, India. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research is relatively young yet well-known around the Globe. Its objective is to pursue and promote world-class research and training at the frontiers of Science and Engineering covering broad areas ranging from Materials to Genetics. Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research called for applications for admission to Ph.D / MS (Engineering) / MS (Research) programs for the academic year of 2018. Check all the important information about JNCASR 2018 in the below article.
Research programs offered in various departments :
- Chemistry and Physics of Materials Unit
- Evolutionary and Organismal Biology Unit
- Molecular Biology and Genetics Unit
- New Chemistry Unit
- Theoretical Sciences Unit
- Neurosciences Unit
- New Chemistry Unit
- Chemistry & Physics of Materials Unit
- Theoretical Sciences Unit
- Molecular Biology & Genetics Unit
- Evolutionary & Organismal Biology Unit
JNCASR 2018: Important Dates
|Last date for the JNCASR application to reach us is by||November 2017|
|Interviews will be scheduled from||December 2017|
|Commencement of the programme ( Joining Date ) for selected students||January 2018|
JNCASR 2018 Application Form
- Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research 2018 Online application form can be downloaded from the official site i.e. www.jncasr.ac.in.
- Enter the details in the application form correctly & completely otherwise an incomplete application may be rejected.
- There will be no application fee charges involved to apply.
- The application fee will only be collected when the candidate appears for the interview.
- There should not be any discrepancy/errors found later on the application form.
- Candidates have to dully fill in JNCASR application form send by post, to the following address :
The Academic Coordinator,
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research,
Jakkur, Bangalore – 560 064.
For M Sc., B E, B Tech, M E, M Tech or MBBS:
- Applicants must score atleast 50% in their highest University examination, and should also have qualified in the GATE / UGC -/ ICMR – JRF /CSIR – NET-JRF/JEST/ DBT-JRF / INSPIRE or any other equivalent national level examination.
- The above certificate of such test should have the validity period for seeking admission to research programme as on 1 January 2018.
- Generally ME/M.Tech candidates were required to qualify one of the exams mentioned above.
For Integrated (Int.) Ph.D. Programme
- Candidates should have to obtain the minimum of 55% marks at the Bachelor’s level [(B.Sc) as applicable to the area.
- Appearing candidates in the final examination in Bachelor’s are eligible to apply for it.
For M.S (Engg.)/ M.S. (Research)
- Candidates with an M Sc., B E, B Tech, M Tech M E or MBBS are eligible to apply.
- They should have secured atleast 50% in their highest University examination, and must have qualified in the GATE / ICMR – JRF UGC -/ CSIR – NET-JRF / DBT-JRF/JEST / INSPIRE or any other equivalent national level examination.
- The test certificate should have the validity period for looking admission to research programme as on 1 January 2017.
- Selected candidates will receive a scholarship of Rs. 15000/- p.m. for the 1-2years.
- Students will receive M.S degree on successful completion of their programme work and research project/thesis and continue for PhD Programme with a fellowship and fees as applicable to a PhD candidate.
How to Apply
- All contenders who wish to apply for admissions in the Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research may proceed for the online application process
- Candidates must ensure that they meet the basic pre-requisites of their preferred course.
- Applicants need to fill an online application form provided on its authorized website- jncasr.ac.in.
- After filling the application form, submit the print out of the completed form to the prescribed address either in person or by post.
- The application form to be sent with a Demand draft of Rs. 200/- drawn in favor of “Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research”, payable at Bangalore specifying your application number and the area of research.
- A photocopy of the DD sent to JNCASR can be retained with the candidate for any future reference.
- Individuals seeking for admittance to Materials Science will have to first appear in a written examination.
- This written entrance examination for Materials Science takes place at Delhi, Bangalore and Kolkata.
- After the examination, the shortlisted ones will have to come for an interview.
- Candidates seeking for admittance to Chemical Science will be shortlisted on the grounds of their applications and thereon be called for an exclusively written test at JNCASR, Bangalore.
- Only the shortlisted candidates from the written test will be called for interview on the same day or the next day.