CDS 2018 Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility, Pattern
UPSC conducts CDS examination 2 times in a year and thousands of applicants take part in this examination every year. Combined Defence Services examination is scheduled to recruit eligible & deserving applicants in Indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy & Indian Air Force Academy. The official notification for the examination releases in the month of October & June every year and the examination are conducted usually in the months of February & November every year. Only the unmarried graduate applicants are allowed to apply for CDS 2018 examination. The qualified applicants of written examination will be called for personal interview round scheduled by SSB (Services Selection Board) and the finally selected applicants will be offered admission to their respective academies.
CDS 2018 Notification
- CDS Exam 2 2018 Application form will be available from 8th August 2018. Click Here to apply for CDS 2018.
CDS 2018  Important Dates
|Date of Notification||8th August 2018|
|The last date to apply for UPSC CDS II Exam||3rd September 2018|
|Exam Date ( UPSC CDS II Exam)||18th November 2018|
No. of Vacancies
|Indian Military Academy, Dehradun||Will be updated soon..|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||Will be updated soon..|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||Will be updated soon..|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||Will be updated soon..|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai Women (Non-Technical) Course||Will be updated soon..|
|Indian Military Academy||19-24 years|
|Air Force Academy||19-23 years|
|Naval Academy||19-22 years|
|Officers’ Training Academy||19-25 years|
- The applicants must be an Indian national. OR
- A subject of Bhutan. OR
- A subject of Nepal. OR
- A Tibetan refugee who had come to India before 1st July 1962 to become a permanent resident of India. OR
- A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka & East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire & Ethiopia or Vietnam to become the permanent resident of India. If an applicant belongs to categories 2,3,4 & 5 then he/she must have obtained the certificate of eligibility that has been issued by Govt. of India. Gorkha subject to Nepal will also have to obtain the certificate of eligibility.
- For Indian Military Academy, applicants should be- Unmarried
- For Indian Naval Academy, applicants should be- Unmarried
- For Air Force Academy, applicants should be- Unmarried till 25 years
- For Officers Training Academy applicants should be- Married or Unmarried
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical courses)- Unmarried or Widowed
- For Indian Military Academy, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Air Force Academy, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology from a recognized University OR degree from a recognized university with Physics & Mathematics as subjects.
- For Officers Training Academy, the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Officers Training Academy (SSC Women Non-Technical Course), the applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
CDS 2018 Application Form
CDS Exam II Application form will be available from 8th August 2018. After the release of official notification, candidate can register online. we will update link here.
CDS 2018 Exam Pattern
For Indian Military Academy/ Air Force Academy/ Naval Academy
All the papers of CDS examination for above-mentioned academies will be of MCQ type (objective type) questions. The examination syllabus of CDS 2018 is as follows-
For Officers’ Training Academy
All the papers for the examination will be of MCQ (objective) type. The examination syllabus of CDS is as follows-
CDS 2018 Exam Syllabus
It is very important that the applicants should know the examination syllabus before they start their preparation. The examination syllabus will tell you the topics to be covered under each section of the question paper. If you know the syllabus in detail, you will be able to make strategies for your study.
CDS 2018 Examination Centers
- The CDS exam will be held across 41 cities/towns in the country.
- On the basis of the first-apply-first-serve basis, the distribution of examination centres will be done.
- Candidates are recommended to apply on the early basis so that they could get an examination center of their choice.
CDS 2018 Selection Process
Selection of candidates will be based on some important components such as Written Exam, Personal Interview, Document verification and Medical report of the candidates.
- Written Examination- This is the first & foremost stage of CDS selection procedure. The applicants will have to qualify in this stage to take part in next stage of the selection procedure
- Personal Interview- Personal interview is the 2nd stage of selection procedure of CDSE and only the qualified applicants of written exam will be eligible to take part in this stage. This stage consists of various activities to shortlist the deserving applicants such as Group discussion, Group activities, Interview.
- Documents Verification- The successful applicants of the personal interview will be called for documents verification stage. The selected applicants will have to show their relevant documents to the selection authority.
- Medical Examination- Medical examination is the final but very important stage of selection. In this stage, the applicants will be tested on their physical fitness. The applicants will have to qualify this final stage of selection procedure in order to get selected in CDSE
CDS 2018 Result
- The result will be announced in two phases i.e. written exam and SSB/interview result.
- Candidates who qualify the written exam will be further called for SSB/Personality test.
CDS 2018 Answer Key
- Candidates can check the answer key released by UPSC after the completion of exam those who successfully appeared in the entrance exam.
- They can also download the answer key from the official website of the commission.