SSC CGL 2018- Details, Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
SSC conducts CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination to select eligible applicants for numerous posts in ministries, departments, and organizations. The examination will be scheduled in 4 stages and every year many applicants take part in the examination. Stage I examination will be held in the month of June 2018. The application forms for the examination will be available on 21st April 2018. Check details given below.
SSC CGL 2018 Notification
- SSC CGL 2018 Application Process will be started 21st April 2018. After the release of official notification, candidates can apply for the same. Check here how to apply for SSC CGL 2018.
- Preparation tips for SSC CGL Examination- Check Here
SSC CGL 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC CGL 2018|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Tier-I and Tier-II: Computer-Based Test, Tier III: Skill Test/Computer Ability Test|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||100 (in Tier 1 and Mathematics Tier-2), 200 (English Tier 2)|
|SECTION||4 (In Tier 1)|
|TOTAL MARKS||100 (Tier-1), 400 (Tier-2)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|EXAM DURATION||1 Hour (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates- Announced
|Online application starts||21st April 2018|
|Last date for submission of application||25th May 2018|
|Admit Card||1st week of July 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Examination||25th July to 20th August 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Result||Updated Later|
|Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||Updated Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Examination||27th November to 30th November 2018 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Result||Updated Later|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||Updated Later|
SSC CGL 2018 Application form
The application forms will be available from 21st April 2018 from the official website http://ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in. The applicants are advised to stay in touch with the official website to know the latest happenings related to SSC CGL 2018. The applicants are required to fill all the details as asked in the application form. They are advised to keep the print out of duly filled application form for future reference.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2018.
- Age of the applicant should be between 18 to 32 years.
- Age criteria vary post to post.
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Candidate should have a concerned subject at degree level, in some post like Statistical Investigator Grade-II.
|3||Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|4||OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
CGL is Conducted for the Posts
- Assistant (Ministry of External Affairs)
- Assistant (Central vigilance commission)
- Assistant (Ministry of Railway)
- Assistant (Intelligence Bureau)
- Assistant section officer (Central secretariat service)
- Inspector (Central excise)
- Inspector (Examiner)
- Inspector of income tax (CBDT)
- Assistant (Other ministries/departments/organizations)
- Sub-inspector (Central Bureau of Investigation)
- Sub-inspector (National investigation agency, NIA)
- Assistant (AFHQ)
- Inspector (Preventive Officer)
- Assistant enforcement officer (Directorate of enforcement, department of revenue)
- Inspector of posts (Department of post)
- Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics)
- Statistical Investigator Gr. II (M/O statistics & prog. Implementation)
- Divisional Accountant (Offices under CAG)
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
- Tier I: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier II: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier IV: Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- General intelligence & reasoning, General Awareness/GK, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension.
- There will be total 100 questions for 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 75 minutes.
- There will be a penalty of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes(For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy:
CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
- Question paper will be divided into 4 sections- Quantitative ability (Paper I), English language & Comprehension (Paper II), Statistics (Paper III) & General studies (Paper IV Finance & Economics).
- The paper I & II are compulsory for all the posts & paper II is only for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler & Paper IV will only be for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- There will be total 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer in paper II.
(Finance and Economics)
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
- The examination will be of descriptive type & will be conducted only through offline mode.
- The applicants have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks & the duration will be of 60 minutes. The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes for VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants.
CGL 2018 Selection Process
SSC CGL Selection procedure contains the four stages. All the candidates need to success in all the stages and will be selected on the basis their performance in all the Tiers. CGL Examination will be conducted in four tiers as given
- Tier -I: Written Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
- Tier -II: Written Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
- Admit card will be downloaded from the official website of conducting authority i.e. ssc.nic.in/.
- To download the admit card, visit the website and enter their registration number/date of birth in given fields in order.
SSC CGL 2018 Answer key
- The answer key will be released by the authority only after the successful completion of the exam.
- Candidates can a rough calculation of marks which they are going to obtain in the entrance exam, with the help of answer key.
SSC CGL 2018 Result
- The authority will announce the result online on its official website.
- The result will be released probably after 2 or 3 months from the completion of entrance test.
Important Book to Prepare for SSC CGL 2018
- Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- NCERT books for Maths (Class 7th to Class 10th)
- High School grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Parkashan
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapterwise
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
- Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers (2010-2015)
- Manorama Yearbook 2016 (English)
- Lucents General Knowledge
Previous year questions and Practice sets
|English Section||SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||SSC Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Awareness||SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|