SSC CGL 2018- Details, Application Form, Exam Date, Eligibility
SSC conducts CGL (Combined Graduate Level) examination to select eligible applicants for numerous posts in ministries, departments, and organizations. The examination will be scheduled in 4 stages and every year many applicants take part in the examination. Stage I examination will be held in the month of June 2018. The application forms for the SSC CGL examination now available from 5th May 2018. Check details given below.
SSC CGL 2018 Notification
- SSC CGLE 2018 Application Process has started from 5th May 2018.
- Preparation tips for SSC CGL Examination- Check Here
SSC CGL 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC CGL 2018|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Tier-I and Tier-II: Computer-Based Test, Tier III: Skill Test/Computer Ability Test|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||100 (in Tier 1 and Mathematics Tier-2), 200 (English Tier 2)|
|SECTION||4 (In Tier 1)|
|TOTAL MARKS||100 (Tier-1), 400 (Tier-2)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|EXAM DURATION||1 Hour (for tier-1), 2 Hours for tier-2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|EXAM DATE||Tier- 1: 25th July to 20th August 2018|
SSC CGL 2018 Important Dates- Announced
|Online application starts||5th May 2018|
|Last date for submission of application||04th June 2018|
|Admit Card||1st week of July 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Examination||25th July to 20th August 2018|
|SSC CGL Tier-I Exam Result||Updated Later|
|Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||Updated Later|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Examination||27th November to 30th November 2018 (CBE)|
|SSC CGL Tier-II Result||Updated Later|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||Updated Later|
|No||Name of Post||Grade Pay (GP)||Age Limit|
|1||Assistant Audit Officer||4800||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|2||Assistant Accounts Officer||4800||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|4||Assistant Section Officer||4600||20-30 years|
|5||Assistant||4200||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|6||Assistant/Superintendent||4200||Not exceeding 30 years.|
|7||Inspector of Income Tax||4600||Not exceeding 30 years|
|8||Inspector, (Central Excise)||4600||Not exceeding 30 years|
|9||Inspector, (CBI)||4600||18-27 years|
|10||Inspector (Preventive Officer)||4600||Not exceeding 30 years|
|11||Inspector (Examiner)||4600||Not exceeding 30 years|
|12||Assistant Enforcement Officer||4600||Up to 30 years|
|13||Sub Inspector||4600||20-30 years|
|14||Inspector Posts||4600||18-30 years|
|15||Divisional Accountant||4200||Not exceeding 30 years|
|17||Sub Inspector||4200||Up to 30 years|
|18||Junior Statistical Officer||4200||Up to 32 years|
|21||Accountant/ Junior Accountant||2800||18-27 years|
|22||Senior Secretariat Assistant/Upper Division Clerks||2400||18-27 years|
|23||Tax Assistant||2400||20-27 years|
|25||Upper Division Clerks||2400||18-27 years|
SSC CGL 2018 Application form
The application forms will be available from 5th May 2018 from the official website http://ssconline2.gov.in or http://sscregistration.nic.in. The applicants are advised to stay in touch with the official website to know the latest happenings related to SSC CGL 2018. The applicants are required to fill all the details as asked in the application form. They are advised to keep the print out of duly filled application form for future reference. Candidates are advised to apply before 04th June 2018.
|SSC CGL 2018 Selection Procedure||Check Here|
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
- Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2018.
- Age of the applicant should be between 18 to 32 years.
- Age criteria vary post to post.
- Candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University.
- Candidate should have the concerned subject at degree level, in some post like Statistical Investigator Grade-II.
|3||Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|4||OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
CGL 2018 Selection Process
SSC CGL Selection procedure contains the four stages. All the candidates need to succeed in all the stages and will be selected on the basis their performance in all the Tiers. CGL Examination will be conducted in four tiers as given
- Tier -I: Computer Based Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
- Tier -II: Computer Based Examination (Multiple Choice- Computer Based Test)
- Tier -III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier -IV: Data Entry Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test(wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
SSC CGL 2018 Exam Pattern
- Tier I: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier II: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier IV: Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
- The question paper will be divided into 4 sections- General intelligence & reasoning, General Awareness/GK, Quantitative aptitude & English comprehension.
- There will be total 100 questions for 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 75 minutes.
- There will be a penalty of 0.50 marks for each incorrect answer.
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||60 minutes(For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy:|
CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern
- The examination will be MCQ type and will be conducted through online mode.
- Question paper will be divided into 4 sections- Quantitative ability (Paper I), English language & Comprehension (Paper II), Statistics (Paper III) & General studies (Paper IV Finance & Economics).
- The paper I & II are compulsory for all the posts & paper II is only for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler & Paper IV will only be for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
- There will be total 200 marks & the duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- There will be a penalty of 0.25 marks for each incorrect answer in paper II.
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes (for each Paper)|
For VH/ OH: 160 Minutes
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
(Finance and Economics)
The examination will be of descriptive type & will be conducted only through offline mode.
CGL Tier III Exam Pattern
- The applicants have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks & the duration will be of 60 minutes. The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes for VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants.
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/|
For VH/ OH: 80 Minutes
SSC CGL 2018 Admit Card
- Admit card will be downloaded from the official website of conducting authority i.e. ssc.nic.in/.
- To download the admit card, visit the website and enter their registration number/date of birth in given fields in order.
- Admit Cards for any stage of the examination will not be sent by post.
SSC CGL 2018 Answer key
- The answer key will be released by the authority only after the successful completion of the exam.
- Candidates can a rough calculation of marks which they are going to obtain in the entrance exam, with the help of answer key.
SSC CGL 2018 Result
- The authority will announce the result online on its official website.
- The result will be released probably after 2 or 3 months from the completion of entrance test.
Important Book to Prepare for SSC CGL 2018
- Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- NCERT books for Maths (Class 7th to Class 10th)
- High School Grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Parkashan
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapterwise
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
- Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers (2010-2015)
- Manorama Yearbook 2016 (English)
- Lucents General Knowledge
Previous year questions and Practice sets
|English Section||SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||SSC Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Awareness||SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|