SSC CGL 2019 Notification, Dates, Application form, Eligibility, Pattern
SSC CGL 2019 exam conducted by the respective authority The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) every year to recruit the eligible candidates for several posts in Ministries/ organizations/departments as given after this topic. The online application for the computer-based examination (CBE) will commence from March 2019 onwards. Tier -1 is expected to be organized in the month of June 2019 and Tier II will be held from September 2019 tentatively.
SSC CGL 2019 Important Updates
- SSC CGL 2019 Online Application Process will be started from March 2019. Candidates can Click Here to Apply for CGLE.
|SSC CGL 2019 Overview|
|Important Dates (Tentative)
|Mode of Examination
SSC CGL Important Dates
|Online application starts||March 2019|
|Last date of submission of application||April 2019|
|Admit Card||May 2019|
|Tier-I Examination||June 2019|
|Tier-I Exam Result||August 2019|
|Admit Card for Tier-II Exam||August 2019|
|Tier-II Examination||September 2019|
|Tier-II Result||October 2019|
|CGL Tier-III-Skill Test/Document Verification||December 2019|
SSC CGL 2019 Application Form Details
The applicants are advised to stay in touch with the official website to know the latest happenings related to SSC CGL 2019. Applicants will have to fill all the necessary information and personal details in the application form. Candidates will have to upload the scanned photo and signature, after filling all the personal and educational details in the application form.
- Candidate must be an Indian citizen/a subject of Bhutan or Nepal.
- A Tibetan refugee who came here before 1st January 1962 with the intention to settle here permanently.
For Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute and
- Desirable: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics
For Junior Statistical Officer:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level: or
- Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
For all other Posts:
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent.
Age Limit and Relaxation
- Age limit will be counted as on 01.08.2019.
- Age of the applicant should be between 18 to 32 years.
- Age criteria vary post to post.
|3||Gen +PH||10 yrs|
|4||OBC+ PH||13 yrs|
|6||Ex-Servicemen (Gen)||3 yrs|
|7||Ex-Servicemen (OBC)||6 yrs|
|8||Ex-Servicemen (SC/ST)||8 yrs|
- To complete the registration process, applicants have to pay the application fee.
- The fee can be paid through Challan generated online and SBI Net banking or through debit/credit card.
- General male candidate category has to pay Rs.100/- only.
- Female candidates and SC/ST/PH/Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the application fee.
- Application fee once paid will not be refunded in any case.
SSC CGL 2019 Exam Pattern
- Tier I: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier II: Written Examination (Computer Based)
- Tier III: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
- Tier IV: Data Entry Skill Test(DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test(CPT) (wherever applicable)/ Document Verification
Tier – I Exam Pattern
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50|
Note- Time is 60 minutes (For VH & Candidates suffering from Cerebral Palsy:
Tier-II Exam Pattern
|I||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||120 Minutes (for each Paper)
For VH/ OH: 160 Minutes
|II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200|
(Finance and Economics)
- The applicants have to write essay/précis/letter/application etc.
- The examination will be of total 100 marks & the duration will be of 60 minutes. The duration of the examination will be 80 minutes for VH & Cerebral Palsy applicants.
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Maximum Marks||Time Allowed|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English or Hindi (Writing of Essay/ Precis/
For VH/ OH: 80 Minutes
Section Wise Tips to Prepare for SSC CGL 2019
For General Intelligence & Reasoning:
- This section is very scoring so candidates need to focus more on this part.
- This section needs concentration, with proper guidance & ample practicing candidates can get full marks.
- The reasoning part plays a crucial role in deciding merit of candidates.
- Reasoning questions are less time taking than Aptitude questions in SSC exams.
- Make General Intelligence & Reasoning your main weapon in the exam.
- Marks of candidates also depend on this section.
For English Language:
- This part is easy to score & less time taking.
- It is often seen that candidates seems this part tough & less scoring.
- In this section candidates need to focus more on some scoring topics like One Word Substitution, Errors, Miss Spelt Words, Comprehension, Cloze Test.
- As it is very useful in scoring marks in written exam, candidates are advised not to leave English part less prepared.
- Don’t spend more time to mug up Antonym & Synonyms.
- In this part on mere focusing on 5 or 6 sections candidates can easily score good marks.
For Quantitative Aptitude:
- Candidates need to save time in the written exam for solve this section.
- As this part takes more time to solve the problems, candidates are advised to save time from Reasoning, English & General Awareness.
- Candidates set your target to No. of questions to be solve with giving proper attention to all other sections.
- Topic oriented scheme is useful for problem solving.
- To answer this part candidate needs to practice more on selected topics.
- Candidates are advised to not solve time taking questions.
- Only after practicing more & more Questions, the habit of recognize nature of question by mere seeing it can come.
For General Awareness:
- Candidates can focus more study of General Science.
- In recent time SSC ask number of questions from General Science section.
- Candidates can cover syllabus according to their strength as questions are to be ask from History, Current Affairs, Geography, Polity, Economy.
- Wrong Answers weaken your chances of scoring more marks in the Tier-I exam.
- Candidates are advised to select questions on which you have full confidence.
- Focus on Questions asked in Previous Year Papers.
- Try to give as many quiz as Possible. It will increase your Knowledge.
Tips to Prepare for SSC CGL 2019 for Tier 2 Exam
- Practice is the Key for Tier 2 Exam.
- Try to learn the whole Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude & Specially English Comprehension.
- Tier 2 Exam will be online so make your strategy according to that.
- As there is no Interview so cut off may go high.
- Candidates are advised to Practice according to the expected cut off in their mind.
- Candidates who get Good marks in Quant Section & As Well as in English have fare chance to qualify for Next Stage.
Important Book to Prepare for SSC CGL 2019
- Mathematics 7300+ objective by Rakesh Yadav
- Arihant’s Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Fast Track by Rajesh Verma
- Quantitative aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- NCERT books for Maths (Class 7th to Class 10th)
- High School grammar by Wren and Martin
- Objective General English by S P Bakshi (Arihant)
- Previous Year questions of SSC by Kiran Parkashan
- Plinth to Paramount by Neetu
- Quick learning Objective General English by RS Aggarwal & Vikas Aggarwal
- Word Power made easy by Norman Lewis
- Analytical Reasoning by M K Pandey
- Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Kiran’s SSC Reasoning chapterwise
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by Arihant
- Arihant’s SSC CGL Solved Papers (2010-2015)
- Manorama Yearbook 2016 (English)
- Lucents General Knowledge
Previous year questions and Practice sets
|English Section||SSC English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997-Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|Quantitative Aptitude||SSC Mathematics Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||SSC Reasoning Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|
|General Awareness||SSC General Awareness Chapterwise Solved Papers 1997 – Till Date by Kiran Prakashan|