SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2018 – CGL Selection Criteria
The scheme of SSC CGL Selection procedure has been revised by SSC (Staff Selection Commission) in which the selection will be based on 4 Tier basis i.e. Tier-I (computer based), Tier-II (computer based), Tier-III (the descriptive test which includes-data entry test and CPT test). If the candidate successfully cleared these 3Tier then only he/she will be appearing in the qualifying exam i.e. Tier-IV. The selection procedure of SSC CGL is given below in the detailed manner
SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2018
- 1st stage of SSC CGL Selection Procedure which can be concluded as only the qualifying examination.
- This test will mainly judge the basic candidate understanding power.
- The mode would be computer-based which includes 200 marks of objective& multiple types of questions.
- TIER-I is usually conducted for screening the candidates for appearing in TIER-II
- Marks of TIER-I will be taken into consideration for final ranking which may includes-Computer Proficiency Test/Data Entry Skill Test
- Those candidates who fall in the merit list of Tier-I will be eligible to apply for Tier-II
- Tier-II includes of Objective/multiple types of questions which carries 800marks
- Tier-II comprises of 4 papers in total. Duration of each paper will be for 2hrs and it is compulsory for the candidates to appear for two paper i.e. (Paper-I & Paper-II)
- Paper-I will be based on standard 10th, Paper-II will be from 10+2 Standard and Paper-III-IV would be from graduation level.
- Candidates who successfully clear Tier-II will be eligible to apply for Tier-III
- This is an upper-level test which is introduced in 2016 which is called as Descriptive Test.
- Tier-III will be held through offline mode
- This test consists of 100 marks
- 33% will be the qualifying marks
- Questions are based from 10+2 Standard
- Marks obtained in Tier-I , Tier-II &Tier-III will led candidates to determine that whether they are eligible to apply for Tier-IV or not.
- Tier-IV will include questions related to Data Entry Skill Test (DEST) /Computer Proficiency Test (CPT)
- It is necessary for the candidates to successfully clear all the 3 Tier test because overall performance of these will be taken into consideration and according to it the merit list will be prepared
- There will be no section wise cut-off
- After completion of all the test (CBT, DT, CPT), the actual verification is done the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post.
- Qualified candidates which will found by the Commission shall be recommended for appointment for each category of post-up according to the no. of vacancies available, taking into consideration option for various posts.
Resolution of Tie Cases
Tie cases will be resolved by-
- DOB , the older candidate will gain the higher post
- Total marks obtained in written examination
- Total marks obtained in Tier-I &Tier-II
- According to the alphabetic order in which the 1st name of the candidates appears.
Note- For more details regarding SSC CGL Selection Procedure 2017, Candidates are requested to visit official website.