SSC CHSL 2018 Details: Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility
SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) is one of the popular examinations in India. Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts this Examination for the recruitment of Lower Division Clerk (LDC), Data Entry Operator (DEO), Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant & Court Clerk. The examination will be completed in 2 parts, Part I & Part II. Part I examination is scheduled to be held in the month of November-December and Part II in the month of March-April 2018. The qualified applicants of Part I will be called for Part II examination.
SSC CHSL 2018 Notification
SSC CHSL 2018 Application process will be started from 19th January 2019 to 18th February 2019. Click Here to apply for SSC CHSL 2018 Examination.
SSC CHSL 2018 Recruitment Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC CHSL 2018 (Combined Higher Secondary Level Examination)|
|CONDUCTING BODY||Staff Selection Commission|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment|
|RECRUITS FOR||DEO (Data Entry Officers), LDC (Lower Division Clerk), Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant, Data Entry Operator “Grade-A”|
|MODE OF Examination||Online mode for Tier 1, Offline Mode for Tier 2|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||100 for Tier 1|
|SECTION||4 Sections for Tier 1 (General Intelligence, English, Quantitative Aptitude, General Awareness)|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 marks for Tier 1, 100 marks for Tier 2|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Multiple Choice Question for Tier 1, Descriptive for Tier 2|
|EXAM DURATION||60min for Tier 1, 1hour for Tier 2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||12th Passed|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
SSC CHSL 2018 Important Dates
|Publication of official notification||19th January 2019|
|Commencement of application process||19th January 2019|
|Last date of application process||18th February 2019|
|Last date for payment of application fee online||Notified Later|
|Last date for payment of application fee offline||Notified Later|
|Downloading of admit card||Notified Later|
|Examination date (SSC CHSL 2018 Tier-I)||Notified Later|
|Results declaration of part I examination||Notified Later|
|Examination Tier-II||Notified Later|
|Final merit list||Notified Later|
SSC CHSL 2018 Application form
The applicants can apply for SSC CHSL 2018 either through online or offline mode. The applicants can apply online from the official website of SSC http://ssc.online.nic.in or http://ssconline2.gov.in. For offline mode, the applications have to be submitted in prescribed format only.
- For online applications: The applicants have to log in to the official website of SSC. They have to fill the details as required in the application form and also have to upload scanned images of their photograph and signature. The size of the photograph should be between 4 to 12 kb & resolution must be of 100-pixel width/ 120-pixel height. The size of the signature should be between 1 to 12 kb & resolution must be of 140-pixel width/ 60-pixel height. The application fee needs to be submitted as the final step of the application process.
- For offline applications: The application forms can be available at the sale centres either from prescribed offices or by post. The applicants will have to send the duly filled application forms along with required documents to SSC on or before the last date.
- For online mode: The application fee can be paid either through SBI Bank Challan or net banking. Nominal service charges may be charged in payment of fee through net banking mode.
- For offline mode: The applicants have to pay Rs. 100 as application fee through CRF stamps. The stamps need to be cancelled before applying it on the applications, otherwise, the forms will be rejected.
- Exemption of fee: For female applicants and for all the reserved categories the application fee is exempted.
- The applicants should have clear 12th standard or equivalent examination from a state or central recognized institute.
- The applicants must have aged between 18 to 27 years as on 1st August 2018.
- The relaxation of age will be provided as follows-
|For SC/ST age relaxation is||5 years|
|For OBC age relaxation is||3 years|
|For PH age relaxation is||10 years|
|For PH+OBC age relaxation is||13 years|
|For PH+SC/ST age relaxation is||15 years|
SSC CHSL 2018 Exam Pattern
|Components||Tier 1||Tier 2|
|Exam duration||75 Minutes||60 minutes|
|Language Mode||English & Hindi||English and Hindi|
|Negative Marking||0.50 for each wrong attempt||NO|
- There will be 4 sections (General Intelligence, English Language, Quantitative Aptitude & General Awareness) carrying 50 marks for each section.
- The duration of the examination will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be available both in Hindi & English except the English Language.
- There will be MCQ type questions and ¼ marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- The weightege of each will be 50 marks.
For Part II
The qualified applicants of Part I will be eligible for Part II examination. This examination is qualifying in nature & will be scheduled to test the skills of the applicants related to the posts.
- Typing test for LDC: This test will be conducted in Hindi & English both for the successful applicants in the written examination. They have to mention the language during the application procedure. This examination is also qualifying in nature. The typing speed for the English language should be 35 words/minutes & for Hindi, it should be 30 word/minutes.
- Skill test for DEO: This examination will be scheduled for the successful applicants of written examination. The applicants have to maintain the data entry speed of 8000 key depression/hour on the computer. These entries will be judged on the basis of correct entries. The duration of this skill test will be 15 minutes. A printed matter of 2000-2200 strokes/key-depression in the English language will be provided to each applicant.
SSC CHSL 2017 Total Vacancies and Salary
|Post||Vacancy||Grade Pay||Gross Salary||In Hand Salary|
|Court Clerk||To be updated||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|LDC||To be updated||1900||Rs. 22,392 – 26,026||Rs. 18,777 – 22,411|
|DEO||To be updated||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
|Postal Assistant||To be updated||2400||Rs. 29,340 – 35,220||Rs. 25,165 – 31,045|
The selection process includes 2 stages- written examination and personal interview. The selection of the applicants will be based on their performance in written examination & interview. The reserved categories will be adjusted against general category vacancies as per their rank in the merit list. The vacancy of reserved categories will be filled individually by eligible applicants of reserved categories only. The tiebreaker for applicants scoring same marks will be based on-
- Marks scored in written examination
- DOB, older applicants will be given higher position in the merit list
- In alphabetical order, the higher rank will be decided.
SSC CHSL 2018 Admit Card
- Admits card will be hosted on regional websites of SSC.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall without the admit card.
- Candidates can download their CHSL exam admit card form respective regional SSC’s website.
SSC CHSL 2018 Result
- The result will be in the “PDF” format in that PDF file candidates need to search their name and roll number.
- Final results will be published after tier-3 (skill test/typing test).
- After final results, candidates will be appointed for the posts.
SSC CHSL 2018 Answer Key
- CHSL answer key will be published after the exam on the official website of SSC for all the sets of the question paper and candidates can use them accordingly.
- After each shift (Morning and Evening) answer Key of CHSL exam will be published.
SSC CHSL 2018 Cut Off
- For further recruitment process cut off is minimum marks that are compulsory to score to get selected.
- Cut off marks for general candidates usually higher than the reserve category’s candidates.
- The final SSC CHSL Cutoff has been issued by the exam officials of Staff Selection Commission.
Factors deciding Cut Off
- The total number of vacancies to be filled in the current session.
- The total number of applicants for the SSC CHSL Exam.
- The complexity level of the paper set.
Cut off 2018 (Expected)
|Category||Expected Cut off Marks (LDC)||Expected Cut off Marks (DEO)|
Previous Year Final Cut off Marks (LDC/DEO)