SSC MTS 2018 Recruitment, Application form, Exam Date, Eligibility
Staff Selection Commission conducts a recruitment test every year in order to recruit candidates for the post of Multi Tasking Staff in General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in numerous Central Government Departments / Ministries / Offices, in several States / Union Territories. SSC MTS 2018 Application process will be started from 3rd November 2018. Read the following article to get all the important information about SSC MTS Application Form 2018.
SSC MTS 2018 Notification
- SSC MTS 2018 Notification and Application Form will be available from 3rd November 2018. Click Here to apply for SSC MTS Recruitment.
SSC MTS 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC MTS 2018 (Multi Tasking Staff)|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Paper I: Computer-based test, Paper II: Descriptive Type|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200 (in Paper 1), (Letter/Essay writing in Paper 2)|
|SECTION||4 (In Paper 1)- General Intelligence & Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, General English, General Awareness|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 (Paper 1), 50 (Paper 2)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|EXAM DURATION||2 Hours (for Paper 1), 1/2 Hours for Paper 2|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||10th exam (High school)|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
SSC MTS Important Dates- Tentative
|Release of Application form||3rd November 2018|
|Last Date of Application form||3rd December 2018|
|Issue of admit card for Paper-1 Exam||December 2018|
|Paper-1 Exam||To be notified later (CBE)|
|Paper-1 Exam Result||Notified Later|
|Paper-2 Exam||Notified Later|
|Final Result||Notified Later|
- Must be the citizen of India OR belongs to Bhutan or Nepal.
- Tibetan refugee who came over to India, with the intention of permanently settling in India before the 1st January 1962 are eligible to apply
- Person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries such as Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India can apply for this examination.
Educational Qualification- Minimum 10th passed from the recognized university of the board will be applicable.
Age Limit- Candidate should lay between 18-25yrs. Age relaxation is provided to the reserved category:
|S.No||Category||Max. Age Limit|
|9||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(GEN)||30 years|
|10||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(OBC)||33 years|
|11||Domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir(SC/ST)||35 years|
Note- DOB which is recorded in the Senior Secondary Education will be taken into consideration by the commission.
SSC MTS 2018 Application Form
The application form will be available from 3rd November 2018 in online as well as offline mode. The online application form will be available on the official website of SSC and those candidates who want to apply offline can download the application form and take a hard copy of it.
- Online mode- Application fee amounts to 100 and candidates can submit through e-challan at any SBI branch, or by DR/CR card (Reserved category students +Female applicants are exempted to pay the application fee)
- Offline mode- Candidates have to pay a fee of Rs.100 along with CRF stamps which can be purchased from the post office(no fee for female candidates and reserved category candidates)
|SSC Stenographer 2018 Details||Check Here|
SSC MTS Selection Procedure
The selection procedure is divided into 2 steps-
- Paper-1 Written examination (Objective types of questions).
- Paper-2 Skill Test (Qualifying in nature).
SSC MTS Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Examination constitute of two papers i.e. Paper-1 & Paper-2
- Paper-1 objective types. 0.25 marks will be deducted for every wrong answer and question paper will be set up in both the languages (English & Hindi).
- Paper-2 descriptive and qualifying exam comprises of Short Essay/Letter to be written in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution which usually judge the candidate elementary language skills.
|Part||Subject||No of Questions||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25||2 Hours||2 Hours 40 Mins.|
|Subject||Max. Marks||Duration of Exam||Duration of Exam for Handicapped Candidates|
|Short Essay/Letter in English or any other language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 minutes||45 minutes|
SSC MTS 2018 Syllabus
Part- A General Intelligence
Non-verbal types of questions including similarities & differences, problem-solving, decision making, non -verbal series, space visualization, visual memory, analysis judgement, arithmetical number series, discriminating observation, relationship concepts. This test will judge the candidate abilities to deal with the arithmetical computation of abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship and other analytical functions.
Part-B English Language
This section is generally included just to test the candidate’s vocabulary, synonyms, antonyms, sentence structure, grammar & the writing ability etc.
Part-C Numerical Aptitude
Questions will be based on Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Menstruation, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, computation of whole numbers, number systems, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, etc.
Part-D General Awareness
This section is usually designed to see that how much the candidate is aware of the events around him such as questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries, Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc.
SSC MTS 2018 Admit Card
Admit card will be made available in the official website of SSC in the month of December 2016. Candidates who have applied for online mode need to download their admit card from the official website of the commission and candidates who have applied for offline admit need will get their admit card via post & they have an option to download the admit card from the commission website.
SSC MTS 2018 Answer Key
The answer key is usually a set of answers which are generally asked in the examination of SSC and it will be only be released after the examination on the official website of SSC.
SSC MTS 2018 Cut Off
Cut out is basically the qualifying marks. Soon commission will release the cut-off marks. Those candidates who qualify Paper-1 will be shortlisted for Paper-2.
SSC MTS 2018 Result
SSC will be declaring the result of Paper-1 in the month of April 2019 and for Paper-2(final result) will be announced in the month of June 2019 and finally, the selected candidates will be appointed for the MTS posts. The result will be released on the official website in the PDF format, candidates need to search their name & roll no.
SSC MTS 2018: Important Preparation Books
- English: Plinth to Paramount Wren & Martin( for basics) by Neetu Singh, P.C Wren
- Quantitative Aptitude: Kiran Magical book on quicker maths (M. Tyra) by Kiran’s Publications (BSC Publishing Co. Pvt. Ltd.)
- Reasoning: Lucent Reasoning Arihant by Lucent Publication (Arihant Publication)
- General Awareness: Lucent’s Objective General Knowledge Lucent’s G.K paperback by Dr.Binay Karna, Sanjeev Kumar and Manwendra Mukul (Lucent Publication)