SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C and D: Date, Application form, Notification
SSC organizes all India Competitive examination for the recruitment of Stenographers 2018 Grade ‘C’ (Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted) & Stenographers Grade ‘D’ (Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted). The application form now available from 22nd October 2018. Read the article below to know more about SSC Stenographer 2018 Eligibility Criteria, Important Dates, Admit Card, Result, Exam Pattern etc.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Overview
|EXAM NAME||SSC Stenographer 2018 Grade C & D|
|CONDUCTED BY||Staff Selection Commission (SSC)|
|EXAM TYPE||Central Level Recruitment Exam|
|MODE OF EXAM||Stage I: Written Examination Stage II: Skill Test/Stenography Test|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200 (in Stage 1)|
|SECTION||3 (In Stage 1)|
|TOTAL MARKS||200 (Stage 1)|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Question)|
|EXAM DURATION||2 Hours (for Stage 1)|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||12th passed candidate can apply|
|EXAM DATE||1st February to 6th February 2019|
SSC Stenographer 2018 Important Dates
|Online application form Starts||22nd October 2018|
|Application Last Date||19th November 2018|
|Last date for making online fee payment||21st November 2018|
|Last date for generating online challan||21st November 2018|
|Last date for fee payment through challan||26th November 2018 (within working hours)|
|Admit Card will be issued on||15 days prior|
|Examination date||1st February to 6th February 2018|
|Result declaration||to be updated|
|Skill Test||to be updated|
|Final result||to be updated|
- Citizen of India/subject to Bhutan or Nepal or Tibetan/ Burma /Sri Lanka/ Pakistan/East African Countries who relocate to India with the intention of permanently settle in India before 1st January 1962.
- Candidate age must lie between 18-27yrs as of 1st of August 2018. There is an age relaxation as per the norms/conditions of the government.
- Minimum education qualification is 12th passed from the recognized university of the board.
SSC Stenographer 2018 Application Form
Interested candidates can apply for SSC Stenographer 2018 via online from the official website as well as through offline mode i.e. via post. Deadline for submitting online/offline application form will be in 19th November 2018. Application fee amounts to Rs 100 but it is exempted for reserved as well as for the female candidates. Click here for SSC Stenographer Application form.
- Question paper is divided into 3 parts.
- Part- I will consist of questions related to General Intelligence & Reasoning (50 marks/50 marks).
- Duration would be 2 hrs (10 am -12 pm) & for all candidates.
- For handicapped candidates duration would be of 2hrs and 40min i.e. from 10 am to 12:40noon.
- Part- II includes questions related to General Awareness (50 marks/50 marks).
- Timings would be 2 pm to 4 pm & for handicapped it would be 2 pm to 4:40 pm.
- Part-III will contain English Language & Comprehension (100 questions/100 marks).
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination hall after 9:30 am in the morning shift and in the afternoon shift after 1:30 pm.
- There will be negative marking. Each wrong answer will deduct your 0.25marks.
|Subject Details||Number of Questions||Number of Marks|
|General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions)||50||50|
|English Language and Comprehension||100||100|
- It will be organized at various sub-regional offices or to some various other centers.
- Candidates will be given one dictation for the time period of 10 minutes in Hindi as well as English at the speed of 100 words per minute.
- This criterion is for stenographer grade ‘C’ posts and for grade ‘D’ it is 80 words per minute.
- Admit card will be issued to the candidates by SSC only through online.
- All the registered candidates can avail the official site of SSC in which the direct link is provided to download the admit card before 15 days of the examination.
- As per the anticipation, the result will be declared in the month of March in the form of PDF format.
- The result will be available on the official site i.e. http://ssconline.nic.in.
- By entering the name along with the roll no. candidates can see their result.
- The result will be declared on the basis of sectional and overall scores.
- Candidates who fail to meet the minimum cut off criteria will be disqualified from the further selection process.
English Language and Comprehension: English language, synonyms, antonyms, grammar, vocabulary, sentence structure, reading comprehension etc. In the English language sections, writing ability also will be checked.
General Intelligence (Reasoning Questions): Verbal and nonverbal type questions, problem- solving analysis, arithmetical reasoning, syllogism, number series, blood relationship concept, visual memory, and much more.
General Awareness: Based on important dates of celebration, current events, book’s author name, important sports days, history, general polity, the economy of India, scientific research, economic sense and Indian constitution, current affairs, newspapers etc.
Important Books to Study
- Objective English by Edgar Thorpe by Pearson (2013).
- Objective General English by R.S. Aggarwal,
- Vikas Aggarwal by S.Chand (2011).
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis by Penguin.
- High School English Grammar & Composition by Wren & Martin by S. Chand.
- Lucent’s General Knowledge (4th Edition)
- India 2016-17 by Ministry of Information
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Manorama Year Book 2017
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe by Pearson.
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning (Revised Edition) by R.S Aggarwal by S.Chand (2012).
- A New Approach to Reasoning: Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical. by B.S Sijwali by Arihant (2014).
- Kiran’s Tricky Approach to Competitive Reasoning by Kiran Prakashan Think Tank by Kiran Prakashan (2015).
For more details regarding SSC Stenographer, 2018 Grade C and D examination candidates are requested to visit the official website.