Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA) conducts Karnataka CET (KCET), It is a state-level examination. It offers admission to deserving applicants in numerous full-time courses as given in the next section. The test is conducted every year at a state level. Around 1.5 to 2 lakh candidates apply for KCET every year. Candidates check the eligibility criteria for the course for which they wish to apply. Admission will be given to the state government and private institutions. For admission to medical & dental courses, candidates have to appear in the NEET exam. Candidates should appear in the NATA exam, for admission to architecture courses. The test centre will be in 54 places spread over Karnataka State. Check here the important information about KCET 2022 in the following article.
KCET Dates have been released. The online application process starts on 5th April 2022 and will end on 20th April 2022. Check all details given below.
Courses Offered through KCET 2022
- B.Sc (Agriculture, Sericulture, Horticulture, Forestry)
- B.Sc Agri, Bio-Technology, Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry
- BH.Sc. (home science)
- B.F.Sc. (Fisheries)
- B.Sc (Agri. Marketing & Co-Op)
- B.Pharm, Pharm-D
- AYUSH (Ayurveda, Yoga & Naturopathy, Unani and Homoeopathy) courses
- B.Tech (Agriculture Engineering, Food Technology, Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology).
KCET 2022 Overview
- EXAM NAME: KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test)
- ORGANIZING AUTHORITY: Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA)
- OFFICIAL WEBSITE: kea.kar.nic.in/
- EXAM TYPE: State Level Entrance Test
- MODE OF EXAM: Pen and Paper based mode in OMR pattern
- NUMBER OF QUESTIONS: 240
- SECTION: Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
- MARKING SCHEME: 1 mark for each correct answer and 0 marks for each incorrect answer
- TYPE OF QUESTIONS: Multiple Choice Questions
- EXAM DURATION: 5 hours and 20 minutes
- ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA: 10+2 with different subjects for different courses
- EXAM DATE: 16th to 18th June 2022
KCET 2022 Important Dates- Announced
|Releasing of notification||05 April 2022|
|Availability of the Online Application form||05 April 2022|
|Last date to submit Application Form||20 April 2022|
|Last Date for Fee||22 April 2022|
|Application Correction||02 to 06 May 2022|
|Availability of the Admit Card date||30 May 2022|
|Exam Date||16 June to 18 June 2022|
|Result Declaration||To be Updated|
|Commencement of Counselling||To be Updated|
- Candidate needs to have completed 2nd PUC/12th or equivalent qualification with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology along with English as the main language subject with at least 45% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology group are also required. Candidates with a Diploma in Pharmacy from an institution approved by PCI and a secured minimum of 45% marks can also apply.
For Engineering and Architecture Courses:
- Candidates need to have completed 2nd PUC/12th or equivalent examination from some recognized board.
- 12th should be passed with subjects such as Physics and Maths as main subject and English as the language subject
- At least 45% marks in Maths and Physics along with one subject such as Biology/Electronics/ Biotechnology/Chemistry/Computer science are required.
For B.V.Sc. & A.H.:
- Passed 2nd PUC / 12th Std in PCB and English subjects.
- Must have obtained 50% aggregate marks in 4 subjects (40% for reserved category candidates).
- Passed 12th/2nd PUC with English as one of the language subjects and obtaining 50% aggregate marks in PCB (40% for reserve category candidates)
The application fee for various categories is mentioned below:
|GM, 2A, 2B, 3A & 3B candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 500/-|
|SC/ST candidates of Karnataka||Rs. 250/-|
|Candidates residing outside of Karnataka||Rs. 750/-|
|Candidates residing outside of India||Rs. 5000/-|
KCET 2022 Application Form
- The applications are available via online mode
- The release of the application form will take place in the month of January.
- Fill the application form by the month of March
- Ensure to enter the personal details carefully before filling the application form
- Upload the scanned photos, left-hand thumb impression, and signature.
- Follow the guidelines carefully to upload photo and signature and thumb impression.
- There are different dimensions of photo, thumb impression and signature.
- Read the instructions carefully while filling the form
- Take a print out of the application for further reference
- Mode of the examination: Offline (Pen and Paper based mode).
- Type of questions: MCQ
- No. of questions: 60 will be asked from each section.
- Duration: 80 minutes allotted for each section.
- 1 mark will be awarded for every right answer.
- There is no provision of negative marking.
|Subjects||No. of Question||Maximum Marks|
- Get the admit card from the online mode using the main website
- The release of the admit card will be in the month of April
- The admit card is an important document to carry along.
- It consists of personal details and other info as well.
- You will not allow entering the exam centre if admit card is not carried along with you
- The outcome of the results will take place in the month of May.
- You can avail all the info connected to the results via online mode.
- Enter the registration number for seeking the results.
- Take a print out of the results for further reference.
- The release of the cut off will be provided just after the result announcement.
KCET 2022 Counselling
The process of KCET Counselling will be announced in the month of June Those who are shortlisted will be given a call for the counselling process. Candidates can attend the counselling based on the merit list in the entrance test During counselling, documents verification is done in the counselling centre. Candidates are required to report personally for this process. The seat allotment is done on the basis of the scores attained in the entrance test, seat availability, as well as choices filled If one is happy with the seat allotment then one can attend the counselling process
Documents required at the time of KCET 2022 Counselling
- 10th and 12th Marksheet and passing certificate.
- Caste certificate.
- The print copy of the filled application form
- KCET 2022 scorecard
- Two latest passport size photograph
The syllabus will be prescribed by the Department of Pre-University Education of Karnataka State. Syllabus for engineering courses will be based on PCM subjects and syllabus for pharmacy will be based on PCB subjects.
Important books to prepare KCET
- Textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics – NCERT
- Karnataka CET Explorer for Engineering PB (Paperback) – MTG
- Karnataka CET – Explorer Medical (Paperback) – MTG
- Principles of physics – S.Chand (V.K. Mehta and Rohit Mehta)
- KCET (Karnataka Common Entrance Test): 14 Years Solved Papers (2000 – 2013) III Edition (Paperback) – Arihant
- Modern ABC chemistry – S.P. Jauhar
- New course Physics – Pradeep (K.L. Gomber and Gogia)
- New course chemistry – Pradeep
- Mathematics – Dinesh
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Note: Final date for Karnataka Common Entrance Test 2022 will be updated on this page after the release of official notification of KCET 2022. For more information, you may visit (kea.kar.nic.in)