The KCET 2023 Registration Form will be available online only starting in the third week of April 2023. The Karnataka Examinations Authority administers the Karnataka Common Admission Test (KCET), a state-level entrance test (KEA). Applicants seeking admission to different UG and PG programmes in Engineering, Agriculture, Architecture, and other fields will take the test. Applicants who pass this test will be accepted into a variety of public and private institutions across the state. We have given all of the information that applicants need to know about the KCET 2023 test in one post.
KCET 2023 Important Dates
The following are the probable exam dates for the KCET 2023 Exam:
|Notification release||February 2023 (1st week)|
|application form commencement||February 2023 (1st week)|
|application submission last date||February 2023 (last week)|
|Last date to pay the application fees||March 2023 (1st week)|
|Opening of application correction window||March 2023 (3rd week)|
|Closing of application correction window||March 2023 (4th week)|
|Issue of admit card||April 2023 (3rd week)|
|Date of entrance test||April 2023 (4th week)|
|Date of Kannada language test||April 2023 (4th week)|
|Verification of documents for Agriculturist quota candidates||May 2023 ( 2nd week)|
|Date of practical examination of candidates under Agriculturist quota||May 2023 (3rd week)|
The exam pattern for KCET 2023 is as follows:
- Exam type: OMR-based
- Number of sessions: 4
- Time limit: 320 minutes (each session 80 minutes)
- There are 240 questions in all (each session 60 questions)
- Total number of marks: 240
- Type of questions: multiple-choice
- Marking strategy: Each right answer will get one mark.
- Negative marking: Not relevant
The following are the course-specific qualifying requirements for KCET 2023:
- Nationality: Only Indian citizens are eligible to apply for government positions.
- Place of residence: The applicant must have enrolled and graduated from recognized academic institutions in Karnataka for a minimum of 7 academic years, beginning with 1st grade and ending with 12th grade, and must have passed either the 10th or 12th grade from Karnataka.
|BE/ B.Tech||Applicants must have completed class 12th/ 2nd PUC or an equivalent exam with English as a subject and 45 percent in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biotechnology/ Biology, Electronics/ Computer Science (40 percent for reserved category applicants).|
|Farm Science courses||Candidates must have completed their class 12th/second PUC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology as subjects.|
|B.Pharma||Applicants must have passed their class 12th/ 2nd PUC or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology and a minimum of 45 percent in these courses combined (40 percent for reserved category candidates). Those who have completed a Diploma in Pharmacy with a cumulative grade point average of at least 45 percent (40 percent for reserved category applicants) are also eligible.|
|Pharma.D||A pass in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics/ Biology or a Diploma in Pharmacy is needed in class 12th/ 2nd PUC or equivalent exam.|
|2nd year B.Pharma||Applicants must have a Diploma in Pharmacy with a minimum of 45 percent aggregate (40 percent for reserved category applicants).|
|B.V.Sc & AH||Candidates must have finished class 12th/second PUC or an equivalent test with English, Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry with a minimum of 50% in each subject (40 percent for reserved category applicants).|
|B.Arch||Passing in class 12th/second PUC or equivalent test is needed, with 50 percent in aggregate in Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry, and 50 percent overall (45 percent for reserved category applicants).|
The KCET curriculum for each course will vary depending on the course requirements. The curriculum for the test will include themes from 11th and 12th-grade Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, and Biology courses. The full curriculum for the exam may be seen on the authority’s site.
KCET 2023 Application Form
The KCET application form will be available on the KEA’s official website. Candidates who satisfy the admissions requirements may fill out and submit an application for the entrance exam.
- Applicants may submit the form by giving basic educational and personal information.
- Applicants’ signatures and photographs will be scanned and submitted to the registration form, must sign the statement after filling out all of the required information on the application form.
- You may make any changes to the form until you sign the declaration. After then, there will be no way to change the form.
- Applicants may submit the form online after they have filled in all of the required information.
- Take a print of the fully completed registration form and keep it safe for future use.
- The fee structure for general/OBC applicants would be Rs. 500 and for SC/ST/Women applicants will be Rs. 250.
- Candidates may pay the application fee by submitting a challan to one of the designated banks or e-post offices.
- Upon signing the document in the registration form, candidates will be able to download the challan.
KCET 2023 Admit Card
The test organizing body will issue the admit card a few weeks after the registration procedure is completed. The authority will issue a unique admission card to each enrolled applicant through the internet. From the second week of July 2023, Applicants will be able to obtain their admission cards.
The KCET Admit Card will be the most essential document that applicants must have with them on the day of the test, as no candidate will be permitted to take the exam unless they have a valid admit card.
KCET 2023 Answer Key
After only a few days have passed since the test, the authorities will provide the answer key. The answers correct to all of the questions on the entrance test will be included in the answer key. Applicants will be able to get the KCET answer key 2023 through the authority’s website.
Applicants will be able to estimate their test scores using the answer key even before the official results are released.
KCET 2023 Result
The authorities will disclose the results for each of the exam participants separately. The Final Answer Key will be used to calculate the KCET Result 2023. Applicants are invited to see their results online from the first week of September 2023.
KCET Score Card 2023 will not be mailed or distributed in any other way to individual applicants. Candidates must download it by logging onto the authority’s website.
KCET 2023 Counselling
For the applicants who have been shortlisted, the counselling process will be done entirely online. From the second week of September 2023, applicants are invited to engage in the counselling process via the test conducting authority’s website.
The counselling process will be performed in many rounds, depending on the number of empty seats after each round. Candidates will be assigned seats based on their position in the merit list.
Registration, choice filling, seat allocation, document verification, and reporting will all be part of the KCET 2023 Counselling process. To be considered for admission, candidates must complete all of the rounds.