KEAM 2022: Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical (CEE Kerala) is a state-level entrance exam conducted specifically for the residents or locals of Kerala for students seeking admission in professional degree courses in different fields. Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE), Kerala conducts this exam. Candidates can take admission in the courses such as B.FSc and B.Tech (in all regular branches including agriculture, food engineering, and dairy science and technology), BHMS, BAMS, BSMS, B.Sc, B.Sc (honors) agriculture, B.VSc (Animal Husbandry) through KEAM 2022. Some important details have been given in the following article.
KEAM 2022 Important Updates
Commissioner of Entrance Exam (CEE), Kerala has released the Exam Date for KEAM 2022. The examination will be held on 26th June 2022.
KEAM 2022 Important Dates
|Commencement of online applications||April 2022|
|Closing date for online applications||April 2022|
|Availability of admit cards||May 2022|
|KEAM 2022 Exam Date||26 June 2022|
|Releasing of Answer Key||July 2022|
|Declaration of results||July 2022|
|Counselling starts from||August 2022|
- BE /B.Tech
- BTech(Food Eng./ Fodd Technology)
- BSc (forestry)
- BSc Honors
- BVSc & AH (Animal Husbandry)
- The candidate should be from India.
- OCI or Overseas citizens of India and PIO or persons of Indian Origin candidates can also apply for the exam.
- The OCI and PIO are exempted for not giving any reservation.
Categories described below:
- The candidates of Kerala who have originated in Kerala will be considered into the category of Keralite.
- The children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) selected to Kerala cadre are considered to be ‘Keralites’.
- These Non-Keralites won’t be applicable for /Special/Persons/Communal with Disabilities reservation or with any sort of fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I [NK I]
- Candidates who have undergone the qualifying of the course in Kerala and those who are the child of Non-Keralite parents belonging to Defence Service /Government of India posted to Kerala or serving or served Government of Kerala for at least 2 years.
- Candidates who are not originally from Kerala is not of Kerala Origin but reside in Kerala State 5 years within the duration of 12 years during the study period or have done school study from Kerala VIII to XII.
Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]
- Candidates who are not in either of the above categories will be considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’ and they are applicable for getting admission to the Management quota seats for the Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges.
- Candidates from this category are eligible for getting admitted to the Government Seats and Management Quota seats in Private Self Financing, Architecture, or Colleges Engineering which will be notified separately.
- They will not be applicable for Communal or Special or Persons with Disabilities reservations or any kind of fee exemption.
- Those who have completed 17 years of age on or before Dec 31 can apply for the examination.
- Candidates should have passed 10+2 from the recognized board and gained 50% in aggregate of Chemistry, Physics, and core subjects all put together and gained 50% in the core as Maths for architecture and engineering or biotechnology/biology (for medical and allied courses).
- Medical courses, like MBBS and BDS: Biotechnology is the valid subject to be considered.
- Architecture: candidates are required to have secured 50% in 10+2 with Maths as the main subject
- Engineering: Computer science or biotechnology can be considered rather than chemistry
KEAM 2022 Application Form
- Candidates need to register with the official website and then proceed with the application.
- For the prospectus, listed post offices should be considered.
- The official website takes responsibility for providing the application form.
- The application fee can get remitted via a security card that one can collect from the post office along with the prospectus or via DD.
- If annual income is less than Rs 40,000 annually, then the ST candidates need not pay any amount for the application form.
- Send the printed & filled application form along with required documents to the address:
Office of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations,
5th Floor, Housing Board Buildings, Santhi Nagar,
- The application fee amounts to Rs-1000/- (for general) and Rs-500/- (for SC).
- No application fee will be charged by the ST candidates.
- The mode of payment would be through Demand Draft or with Security Card which can be purchased from a selected Post Office.
- The DD has to be drawn from a Nationalized/Scheduled Bank, in favor of the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, payable at Thiruvananthapuram.
- No. of Papers: KEAM 2022 will be held in 2 papers.
- Objective-type questions will be asked.
- No. of Questions will be 120
- Exam Duration: 2 ½ hrs for each paper i.e. total duration of both the papers will be of 5hrs.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for every right response and 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Time|
|Paper I||Chemistry & Physics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
|Paper-II||Mathematics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
- The admission will be based on the candidate’s performance in the entrance examination.
- The qualified candidate will be assigned ranking in the order of merit on the basis of the 50:50 score obtained in KEAM 2022 and the qualifying examination.
- Candidates will be called for counseling after the announcement of the results.
KEAM 2022 Admit Card
- Admit card for KEAM 2022 will be available online mode in the month of March 2022.
- Candidates won’t get the admit card by post.
- So candidates have to download the hall ticket online only.
- Candidates have to enter the DOB and application number to download the admit card.
- Admit card contains details related to the examination and candidate.
KEAM 2022 Answer key
- After a few days of the commencement of the examination, the KEAM 2022 Answer key will get disclosed.
- The answer key contains a set of answers to the questions asked in the examination.
- If any candidate is unsatisfied with the answer key, then he/she can complain by paying Rs-100 per question before the due dates.
KEAM 2022 Result
- KEAM Result announcement will be in the month of May 2022 through online mode only.
- The candidate may get the result by entering the hall ticket number on the official website.
- The marks secured by the candidate in the KEAM exam will decide the merit list.
- Qualifying marks will also be the reason to prepare the merit list.
- The result shows the candidate’s name, marks, rank, roll number, exam center, and other information.
- Take a print of the result for future reference.
KEAM 2022 Counselling
- The counseling and seat allotment are completely online through the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) in a single window.
- The KEAM Counselling will begin in the month of June 2022.
- Counselling procedure which involves seat allocation will get commence by the Centralized Allotment Process(CAP).
- Candidates must register online after counseling information is updated on the official website.
- The candidate will have to come for certificate verification and be exercising the web options.
- Candidates should register options only for those courses/colleges which they are sure to join on the allotment.
- If the candidate fails to remit the fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream.