KEAM 2023: Kerala Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Exam (KEAM) is a state-level examination conducted by CEE or Commissioner of Entrance Examination in Kerala state. The examination is conducted for the purpose of providing admission in several courses such as B.FSc and B.Tech (in all regular branches including agriculture, and dairy science, food engineering, and technology) B.Sc, B.Sc (Hon) agriculture and B.VSc (Animal Husbandry). Candidates can get more details about KEAM 2023 in the following article.
Courses Offered through KEAM 2023
- Engineering Courses: B.Tech. [Agriculture Engineering/Dairy Technology/Food Technology / Food Engineering & Technology/ Food Science & Technology]
- Architecture Course: B.Arch.
- Allied Courses: B.Sc (Hons.) Agriculture, B.Sc (Hons.) Forestry, BVSc. & AH, BVSc.
- Pharmacy Course: B.Pharm.
KEAM 2023: Important Dates
|Commencement of online applications||1st week of February 2023|
|Closing date for online applications||4th week of February 2023|
|Last date for receipt of the online application printout||4th week of February 2023|
|Availability of admit cards||2nd week of April 2023|
|Exam Date Paper I (Physics & Chemistry)||Last week of April 2023|
|Exam Date Paper-II (Mathematics)||Last week of April 2023|
|Releasing of Answer Key||1st week of May 2023|
|Declaration of results||Last week of May 2023|
|Counselling starts from||Last week of June 2023|
- The candidate should be an Indian Nationals/PIO/OCI.
- Candidates will be categorized as Keralite, Non-Keralite Category I (NK I) & Non-Keralite Category II (NK II).
- The candidates of Kerala who have originated in Kerala will be considered into the category of Keralite.
- The children of All India Service (AIS) officers (Non-Keralites) selected to Kerala cadre considered to be ‘Keralites’.
- These Non-Keralites won’t be applicable for /Special/Persons/Communal with Disabilities reservation or with any sort of fee concession.
Non-Keralite Category I [NK I]
- Candidates who have undergone the qualifying of the course in Kerala and those who are the child of Non-Keralite parents belonging to the Defence Service /Government of India posted to Kerala.
- Those candidates who are not originally from Kerala is not of Kerala Origin but reside in Kerala State 5 years within the duration of 12 years during the study period.
- Candidates who have undergone the qualifying of the course in Kerala and those who are the child of Non-Keralite parents serving or served the Government of Kerala for at least 2 years
- Those candidates who are not originally from Kerala but have done a school study from Kerala VIII to XII.
Non-Keralite Category II [NK II]
- Candidates who are not in either ‘Keralite’ nor in ‘Non-Keralite Category I’ are considered as ‘Non-Keralite Category-II’ and they are applicable for getting admission to the Management quota seats for the Engineering courses in Government Controlled Self financing Colleges.
- Candidates from this category are eligible for getting admitted to the Government Seats and Management Quota seats in Private Self Financing, Architecture or Colleges Engineering which will be notified separately.
- They will not be applicable for Communal or Special or Persons with Disabilities reservation or any kind of fee exemption.
- Engineering: Passed Higher Secondary or its equivalent examination with 50% marks in mathematics separately & in PCM subject together is required (5% relaxation in minimum marks for reserved category candidates).
- Architecture: Qualify National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) examination.
KEAM 2023 Application Form
The application form correction facility will only be available through online mode. Candidates can fill the online application only online mode. They can fill in only one application for admission to any or all of the courses. Candidates have to upload photographs, signatures & left-hand thumb impressions at the time of form filling. Keep safe the print copy of the filled application form for future references.
|Engineering only/ B.Pharm only/ both||Rs. 700||Rs. 300||–|
|Architecture only/Medical only/ both||Rs. 500||Rs. 200||–|
|Fee for both of the above||Rs. 900||Rs. 400||–|
|Dubai Examination Centre||Rs. 12000 + application fee||Rs. 12000 + application fee||Rs. 12000|
- No application fee will be charged by the ST candidates.
- The mode of payment would be through credit card/debit card/internet banking or e-challan.
- The mode of the exam will be Offline (Pen and Paper Based).
- There will be objective types of questions.
- A total of 120 questions will be asked from each paper.
- Exam Duration: 2 ½ hrs for each paper i.e. total duration of both the papers will be 5 hrs.
- 4 marks will be awarded for every right response.
- 1 mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Marking Scheme||Total Time|
|I||Chemistry & Physics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
|II||Mathematics||120||1 x 4=480||2+1/2 hour|
- The admission will be based on candidate performance in the entrance examination.
- The qualified candidate will be assigned ranking in the order of merit on the basis of the 50:50 score obtained in KEAM 2020 and the qualifying examination.
- Candidates will be called for counselling after the announcement of the results.
KEAM 2023 Counselling
- The counselling and seat allotment is completely online through the Centralised Allotment Process (CAP) in a single window.
- Counselling procedure that involves seat allocation will get commence by the Centralized Allotment Process (CAP).
- Candidates must register online after counselling information is updated on the official website.
- The candidate will be called for certificate verification and be exercising the web options.
- Candidates should register options only for those courses/colleges which they are sure to join on the allotment.
- If the candidate fails to remit the fee/join the college, he/she will not be eligible for any further allotment in any stream.
Official Website: http://www.cee-kerala.org/