Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020
The process of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 for Class 2 to Class 11 will be done through offline mode across the country subject to availability of seats. Candidates need to apply through offline application mode only. The online registration for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 to Class 1 will be held from the month of March 2020. The application forms for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020 for Class 11 will be issued immediately after the declaration of Class 10 results. The registration form will be collected from the Vidyalaya during working hours.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020: Selection Process
For Class 1
- In the first phase, there will be total 40 seats out of which 10 seats in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions and will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non-Creamy Layer)/Differently abled taken together.
- In the second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per the existing Priority category system.
For Class II to Class VIII
- For admission to Class II to VIII, the admission test shall not be conducted.
- The admission may be granted based on the Priority category system.
- A lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota if applications are more than the number of seats.
For Class IX
- An admission test shall be conducted for the admission to Class IX.
- A merit list prepared for each category of priority separately.
- Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
For Class X and XII
- Admission will be entertained subjects’ availability of seats only if the average strength in class X/XII in below 40.
- The admission will be considered by the deputy commissioner of the region concerned
For Class XI
- Admission to Class XII in streams of Humanities, Commerce, and Science will be reserved at 40 per stream.
- The admission will be on the basis of merit list prepared as the CGPA obtained by the student in Class X.
- There is no age restriction for admission to Class XI.
- The student should be seeking admission in the year of passing Class X examination.
- There will be no upper and lower age limit for admission to class XII.
- There should be no break in the continuous study of the student after passing class XI.
- Reservation of seats will be as per the Admission Guidelines.
- The admission guidelines will be available on the website www.kvsangathan.nic.in.
|Class||Min age as||Max age as|
|I||05 years||07 years|
|II||06 years||08 years|
|III||07 years||09 years|
|IV||08 years||10 years|
|V||09 years||11 years|
|VI||10 years||12 years|
|VII||11 years||13 years|
|VIII||12 years||14 years|
|IX||13 years||15 years|
|X||14 years||16 years|
- The age limit will be relaxed by 02 years in case of physically handicapped candidates.
How to Apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2020
- Interested candidates may apply online for admission through the official website.
- Open Online Application form
- Choose Nearest Kendriya Vidyalaya
- Fill the Basic Details of Candidates (parents Name, Aadhar if Available, Blood Group, Age, Address etc)
- After application, take a print of the application form.
- Marks of different subjects are to be converted into grades as per CBSE norms as given below:
Conversion of marks into Grades
|Marks range||Grade||Marks range||Grade|