KVPY 2022: Registration, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date, Exam Pattern
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore will organize an exam called KVPY 2022. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is a national level scholarship program up to the Pre-Ph.D level. On the basis of aptitude test and interview conducted by the IISc, the selection of the candidates will be done. All the important information about KVPY 2022 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result, etc are given in the article below.
30 November 2021: KVPY Revised Exam Date 2021, the examination will be held on January 09, 2022.
KVPY 2022: Important Dates
|Release of the application form||3rd week of July 2022|
|The application form will be closed on||4th week of August 2022|
|Admit card will be available from||3rd week of October 2022|
|Examination date||1st week of November 2022|
|Answer key will be released on||4th week of November 2022|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of December 2022|
|Interview Date||3rd week of January 2022|
KVPY 2022 Application Form
The application process will begin in the third week of July 2022. Candidates will be required to register for KVPY 2022. Candidates will be required to fill the personal and academic details, choosing the exam center, and upload the scanned images and the required documents. Only after the payment of the requisite application fee, the application form will be completed. Candidates can fill and submit the application form till the fourth week of August 2022. Candidates should take a print copy of the application for further references.
- Candidates must be an Indian national citizen.
For Stream SA:
- Candidates passed the 10th class with Science and Mathematics subject with 75% marks (65% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) can apply.
- Those appearing in the 11th class can also apply.
For Stream SX:
- Candidates must be passed 10th class with mathematics and science (PCB) subjects and secured 75% marks (65% for reserved category candidates).
- Candidates appearing in 10+2 exam with science stream from a recognized board with a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates) in mathematics and science subjects (PCB) can also apply.
For Stream SB:
- Candidates should have passed 12th class with 60% marks in Mathematics and Physics/Chemistry/Biology (50% for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Appearing in the 1st year of UG program in Basic Sciences such as Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics & Biology leading to B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ Int. M.S. with 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks before taking up the fellowship.
- The application fee will be Rs. 1000 for general candidates.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500 for SC/ST/PWD category candidates.
- The registration fee can be deposited through two modes.
- Candidate can use online mode such as credit card/debit card/ internet banking to pay the fee.
- Candidate can also use offline mode through e-Challan to pay the application fee.
- First, the candidates will be selected on the basis of the written test.
- Then they will have to appear for the Interview round.
- The authority will release the interview call letter for each selected candidate.
- After that, the final shortlisted candidate’s list will be uploaded on the website.
- The exam will be conducted through online mode only in both English and Hindi languages.
- 3 hours will be provided to complete the exam.
- Multiple choice questions will be asked in the exam.
- The complete exam will be of 100 marks.
- All questions are compulsory to attempt in Stream SA.
- There is an option to attempt any three sections in PART I & any two sections in PART II in Stream SB/SX.
|Subjects||Questions in Part I||Questions in Part II||Total Marks|
- The admit card will be declared in the third week of October 2022.
- The only online mode will be made available to download the admit card.
- It can be downloaded by entering the application number.
The exam will take place in the following places:
- The authority will also release the answer key.
- Candidates can get an idea about the marks they will be going to score in the entrance exam, with the help of an answer key.
- Candidates can check the answer key as per the stream under which they have given the exam.
- The result will be declared in the third week of December 2022 separately for each stream (SA, SX, and SB).
- The result will include the names of the candidates who will be selected for the interview round.
KVPY 2022 Cut Off
- The cut off will be released for each stream.
- After the completion of the written test, the authority will also publish the cut off marks.
- In order to be eligible for the selection procedure, candidates have to reach the prescribed cut off marks.
- The qualifying cut off marks will be provided out of 100.
- The aptitude test is designed to test the understanding and analytical ability of the candidate than his/her factual knowledge.
- There will be no prescribed syllabus for the aptitude test provided by the authority.
- Candidates can study the syllabus up to class X/XII/1st year of B.Sc./ B.S./ B.Stat./ B.Math./ Int. M.Sc./ M.S. as per the selected stream.
KVPY 2022: Important Points
- The application form can be obtained after the publication of the advt.
- There is no need to send the hard copy of the application form.
- There is no undergraduate program under the Distance Education scheme/correspondence course in any university.
- Candidates who forgot their application number can get it by downloading their registered KVPY application form after login with their registered mail ID and Date of Birth.
- The exam will be conducted in the forenoon for stream SA and in the afternoon for SX and SB stream.
- Candidates have to bring the valid School/College ID or Aadhar Card or Passport with a clear photograph.
- The result will be declared separately for each stream (SA, SX, and SB) in the third week of December 2022.