MH SET 2021 will be conducted for the post of Assistant Professor by Savitribai Phule Pune University. The post will be given by the Universities and Colleges of Maharashtra & Goa States. There will be two papers conducted for MH SET 2021. Candidates are required to obtain minimum marks in aggregate of all two papers for eligibility for Assistant Professor. Candidates having a Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C. can apply for this exam.
MH SET 2021: Important Dates
|Online Applications starts from||1st week of February 2021|
|Last Date to Apply Online||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last date for payment of Online Fee||3rd week of February 2021|
|Correction in particulars||3rd week of February 2021|
|Last date of correction in particulars||4th week of February 2021|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of June 2021|
|Exam Date||3rd week of June 2021|
- A Master’s Degree recognized by U.G.C., in a subject of MH-SET is required to apply.
- Candidates having Post Graduate diploma/certificate awarded by Indian University/Institute, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the AIU, New Delhi.
- Candidates having Foreign degree/ diploma/ certificate awarded by the Foreign University/Institute, ascertain the equivalence of their diploma/ degree/ certificate, with Master’s degree of recognized Indian Universities from the AIU, New Delhi.
- The candidates should have secured at least 55% marks (without gracing or rounding off ) in Master’s or equivalent examination (50% for SC/ ST/ PH/ VH/ Trans-genders category candidates).
- Appearing candidates in the above qualification can also apply.
- Such candidates will be admitted provisionally.
- Candidates whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- Such candidates will be considered eligible for Assistant Professor after they have passed their Master’s Degree or equivalent examination with required percentage criteria, failing which they shall be treated as disqualified.
- The candidates who are studying in the first year of two years of the qualifying examination are not eligible to appear for this test.
- Other State candidates (other than Maharashtra & Goa) shall be treated as Open category (whether they belong to any category).
- Candidates can appear for MH-SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.
- A candidate who has already qualified MH-SET in a subject, will not be allowed to appear again for MH-SET in the same subject.
- There is no upper age limit to apply for MH SET 2021.
- Candidates who have passed M.Sc. (by Research) are not eligible to appear for MH SET 2021.
- There is a provision for online verification of MH-SET result.
|Open (Including Processing Fee)||Rs. 550.00|
|OBC/SBC/DT(A)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SEBC (Non Creamy Layer Category Only)||Rs. 450.00|
| SC/ST/PH/VH/Transgenders (Including Processing Fee)||Rs. 450.00|
- The MH SET 2021 will be conducted in Objective Mode.
- The test will consist of two papers.
- All the two papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held on the day of Examination in two separate sessions.
- Paper-I shall be of general nature, intended to assess the teaching/research aptitude of the candidate.
- It is primarily designed to test reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness of the candidate.
- Paper, I shall consist of fifty (50) objective type compulsory questions of two marks each.
- Paper-II shall consist of a hundred (100) objective type compulsory questions, (except mathematical science) based on the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.
- There will be no negative marking.
|First||I||1 hour (10.00 a.m. to 11.00 a.m.)|
|Second||II|| 2 hours (11.30 a.m. to 01.30 p.m.)|
|Paper||Number of Multiple Choice Questions||Marks|
|I||50 questions all of which are compulsory||50 x 2 = 100|
|II||100 questions all of which are compulsory||100 x 2 = 200|
Subjects with Codes
|Subject Name||Subject Code||Subject Name||Subject Code|
|General Paper on Teaching & Research Aptitude (Paper-I)||00||Public Administration||21|
|History||10||Earth , Atmospheric , Ocean & Planetary Science||35|
|Philosophy||12||Computer Science & Application||37|
|Defence & Strategic Studies||16||Management||51|
|Library & Information Science||18||Education||70|
|Journalism & Mass Communication||19||Physical Education||71|
- The Hall Ticket/Admit Card will be generated on the official website.
- The admit card will be provided online to all candidates 10 days prior to the date of the SET examination.
- The admit card/Hall Ticket will not be sent to the candidates by post.
- Enter the Login ID and password to get the Admit Card.
- Candidates have to download and get a printout of admit card.
- Candidate must carry admit card and also one additional photo identity to the examination center on the Day of the Examination.
- Candidates will be allowed to appear only for the SET subject mentioned in the admit card
- The Candidates are required to obtain minimum marks in aggregate of all two papers i.e. Paper I &Paper II for eligibility for Assistant Professor.
- Minimum Marks (%) To Be Obtained for Paper I and II
|General||40% Aggregate Marks In All The Two Papers Taken Together|
|OBC/SBC/DT(A)(VJ)/NT(B)/NT(C)/NT(D)/SEBC (Non Creamy Layer Category Only)||35% Aggregate Marks In All The Two Papers Taken Together|
|SC/ST/PH/VH (Disability 40% Or More)/Transgender||35% Aggregate Marks In All The Two Papers Taken Together|
- 6% of the appearing candidates are to be declared qualified for Eligibility for Assistant Professor only.