NCHMCT JEE 2023: National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT) conducts the NCHMCT JEE for those students who wishes to get admission in Hotel management courses offered by the participating institutions. It is a national-level entrance exam. This exam offers admission in three years of B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel management courses, National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology (NCHMCT). The application forms can be filled from the official website of NCHMCT. Check all the important details related to the NCHMCT JEE 2023 in the below article. The applicants should fill in genuine details as required in the application form.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Overview
|EXAM NAME||NCHMCT JEE 2023 (Joint Entrance Examination)|
|ORGANIZING AUTHORITY||National Council for Hotel Management & Catering Technology|
|EXAM TYPE||National Level Examination|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Administration|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||200|
|SECTION||Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude, Reasoning and Logical Deduction, General Knowledge & Current Affairs, English Language, Aptitude for Service Sector|
|NEGATIVE MARKING||1 mark for each correct answer, 1/4 mark for each incorrect answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||MCQ (Multiple Choice Questions)|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||Senior Secondary examination with English|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Important Dates
|Starting of Online application form||2nd week of Dec 2022|
|Last date to accept the application form||2nd week of Apr 2023|
|Admit card from||3rd week of Apr 2023|
|Exam date||Last week of Apr 2023|
|Declaration of Result||3rd week of May 2023|
|Counselling started from||Last week of May and 1st week of June 2023|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- The upper age limit is 25 years for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe.
- The upper age limit is 22 years for the General and OBC categories.
- This upper age limit is as of on or 1st July.
- The student should pass in 12th or its equivalent from any recognized board/university.
- Those appearing in 10+2 or equivalent examination can also appear.
- The students qualify for the qualifying exam with English as one of the subjects.
NCHMCT JEE 2023: Application Fee
- Students can apply offline through Demand Draft or can pay the fee through online mode using a Credit/Debit Card.
- The Application fee is different for both online and offline modes.
- The Application fee for Online Mode is Rs. 800/- for GEN or OBC Category Candidates (Rs. 400/- for SC/ST/PD Category Candidates)
- The Application fee for Offline Mode is Rs. 900/- for GEN or OBC Category Candidates (Rs. 450/- for SC/ST/PD Category Candidates)
- Exam Mode: The exam will be organized in offline mode.
- Number of Questions: A total of 200 questions will be asked.
- Language: The question paper will be bilingual (English & Hindi).
- Marking Scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct response and 25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- Duration of Exam: The exam duration will be 3 hours.
|Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude||30|
|General Knowledge & Current Affairs||30|
|Reasoning and Logical Deduction||30|
|Aptitude for Service Sector||50|
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card will not be sent by post to any student.
- Students have to take two copies of admit card duly self-attested to submit in the examination hall.
- Admit cards shall be downloaded from the website via online mode.
- Students have to download the admit card from the third week of April 2023.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Result
- The Result shall be declared in the third week of May 2023 on the official website.
- On the basis of marks secured by the student in the entrance examination, All India merit list will be prepared.
- Students will be invited according to the merit list for the counseling process.
NCHMCT JEE 2023 Counselling
Candidates get admission on the basis of the All India Rank (AIR) secured by the student in the written test. NCHMCT JEE Counselling process will be organized in different rounds. Students have to fill in their preferences of colleges for admission, in the counselling process. As per merit (AIR) and choice of Institutions filled by the students, allotment of Institutions shall be made.
Documents Required at the time of Counselling/Admission:
- 10th & 12th class mark sheet & passing certificate.
- Category Certificate (if applicable).
- NCHMCT JEE 2023 Rank Card & Admit Card.
- PH certificate (if applicable).
- DOB Certificate.
- The syllabus contains subjects such as Reasoning & Logical Deduction, Numerical Ability & Analytical Aptitude, English Language components, General Knowledge & Current Affairs.
- Students are advised to go through the complete syllabus prescribed for the examination.
- No corrections will be permitted in the application.
- It is a national-level examination organized for admission in B.Sc. Hospitality & Hotel management courses.
- You can get the application through the designated centers of NCHMCT.
- You can check the application fee from the above-given section of “Application Fee”.
- Candidate must pass 10+2 or equivalent with English one of the subjects.
- You can choose either of the modes, Online, or Offline for paying the fees.
- Students appearing in the 12th examination can apply for this exam.
- The exam duration will be 3 hours.
- The subject includes are shown in the exam pattern.
- An auto-generated application number will be given to the applicants, on successful submission of the application.
- The applicants are advised to take down the printout of their filled-in application forms.
- The applicants are advised to keep an additional copy of the duly filled application form for future reference.
Important books to prepare for NCHMCT JEE
For Reasoning and Logical Deduction Section
- Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal
- Quantitative Aptitude Question Papers for Banks and other Govt. entrance exam
- MK Pandey
- Quantitative Aptitude e-book (ALL Parts Solved) by R S Agarwal
- 501 Challenging Logical reasoning Practice Books
- Verbal Reasoning Book by R S Agarwal
For Numerical Ability and Analytical Aptitude Section
- RS Aggarwal (Quantitative Aptitude)
- S Chand’s 30 days wonder for Math
For General Knowledge and Scientific Aptitude Section
- Manorama Yearbook
- Pearson India Yearbook
- Pratiyogita Darpan
- Competition Review Yearbook
- Lucent’s GK
- Arihant General Knowledge
For English Language Section
- Wren and Martin
- Arihant General English for all Competitive Examinations
- Pearson’s English
- Tata McGraw-Hill
For Service Aptitude Section
- R Gupta’s book for Hotel Management
- Arihant Study Package for Hotel Management and Hospitality Administration
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by Gladvin Rego
- How to Prepare For the Hotel Management Entrance Examination by Thorpe
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by Dr. R P Datason
- Ramesh Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide by RPH Editorial Board
- Dharmendra Mittal’s 10 Mock Tests For Hotel Management Entrances
- Hotel Management Entrance Exam Guide By Jawahar Book Centre
- Hotel Management Catering Technology: Entrance Exam, Guide by VVK Subburaj
Important Tips to Prepare for NCHMCT JEE 2023
- Make a Study Plan: Start with understanding the exam structure followed by a self-analysis of your strengths and weaknesses.
- Don’t fear the Maths Section: Practice maths daily for at least half an hour and ensure that you’ve covered all the topics.
- Practice Regularly: It is imperative that you start practicing early so that you are able to cover every topic. The identity which sections you find difficult to deal with and devote more time to strengthen them.
- Keep your General Knowledge Up to Date: Read newspapers daily and catch up with general guidebooks such as ‘The Manorama Guide’. Visit GK on the internet to keep a grip on your knowledge about current affairs.
- Understand the Aptitude for Service Sector Section: Try to analyze each and every question objectively and answer only on your personal judgments.
- Master your English Language Skills: Start revising all the grammar concepts, practice reading and analyzing passages, brush up your vocabulary by reading newspapers and daily articles.
- Past Papers and Mock Tests are your saviors: Try to attempt at least 10-15 mock tests before your exam and you’ll surely know where you stand!
- Keep Calm and don’t lose hope: Remain motivated at every step of your preparation and excel in your journey. Stay optimistic and you’re going to score well in NCHMCT JEE for sure.