NEET 2017 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, How to Apply
The national level medical entrance examination test (NEET) is Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education and NEET 2018 Application form has been started from 8th February 2018 in the online mode. It is a national level medical entrance examination held to admit eligible students to medical and dental institutes all over India. The medical aspirants who wish to pursue medical education can fill the application form. The application process will end on 9th March 2018. Read the article below to get information on how to apply the application form.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Chandigarh University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|LPU: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
NEET 2018 Important Dates
|Release of the application form||8th February 2018 (Released)|
|Last date to fill the application||9th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|The last date to submit the application fee||10th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|Correction Window Open||12th to 16th March 2018|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Announcement of Result||5th June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be of Indian Nationality.
- The applicant has to be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the required age on or before December 31, 2018.
- General category applicants have to be maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2018, to seek admission under the 15% All India State Quota.
- By a period of 5 years (30 years) the upper age limit of reserved categories is relaxed.
Candidate should have qualified 10+2 with PCMB and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course as prescribed by the NCERT. Otherwise, the candidate should have passed B.Sc Examination of an Indian University with not less than 2 of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics, and Biotechnology.
General category candidates will have to secure at least 50% marks in P, C, B together in 10+2 examination while the Reserved category candidates will have to obtain 40% marks minimum.
Domicile: Students from Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
For Seats under States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC the eligibility criteria is
- Must be 17 years on or before December 31, 2018.
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission depending upon the states.
- According to the different states/universities/institutions.
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1400/|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 750/-|
Keep Ready before Filling the NEET 2018 Application Form with these
The applicants are advised to keep their personal details ready. Also keep the following documents scanned and ready:
- Passport Size Photograph
- Right Hand Index Finger
Specifications of the Scanned Documents to be Uploaded are:
|Images to be Uploaded||Details|
|Photograph||The photograph should have a white background|
File Size: 10 KB to 100 KB
Dimensions: 4” x 6”
File Format: JPG
The name of the candidate along with the date of a photograph taken should be written on the photograph.
|Signature||The signature should be written on a white paper|
File Size: 3 KB to 20 KB
File Format: JPG
The signature should be in running handwriting.
|Right Hand Index Finger||The fingerprint of the right-hand index finger should be clear.|
File Size: 3 KB to 20 KB
File Format: JPG
How to fill NEET 2018 Application form
Step 1 – Registration:
- go to the official website and Click on “Apply Online”
- Read the Instructions Page carefully before moving to the next step.
- Click on the “I Agree” button and submit the undertaking.
- Fill the details in registration page like Name, Mother’s Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth, Mobile Number, Email Address.
- One Time Password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
Step 2 – Filling the Online Application Form
- Fill in the required information. All required information has to be entered by the candidate like:
- Personal Details: Fill in personal details like their name, mother’s name, father’s name, date of birth, nationality, state, gender, category, place of residence, Aadhaar number.
Choose if you are the only child of their parents and their percentage of locomotor disability (if applicable).
- Birth Place Information: Select whether the candidate was born in India or abroad will have to be done also enter the address, state and district of the applicants.
- Previous Years’ NEET Roll Number (If applicable)
- Contact Details: Fill house number, locality, village/town/city, state, district, pin code and land line details.
- Domicile of Candidates: Choose the state of domicile and fill in the house number, locality, village/town/city and district.
- Parents/Guardians Details: Fill the Information about the qualification, occupation and annual income of the parent’s.
- Applicant’s Details: Name of the school from where the applicants passed Class 10 along with the address, and all the details.
- Qualifying Details: The name of the school from where the applicants passed Class 12 along with the address, and all the details.
- State Quota: Candidates have to select their residential state, state of domicile and state where they studied Class 12.
- The language of Examination: Choose a language for examination.
- Choice of Examination Centre: Select 3 choices of examination center.
Select a Security Question and answer it. Also, a password has to be generated by the Candidate for login.
Click on “No” for Dress Code and then go to the next page after filling in the captcha given.
Step 3 – Review and Submission
- Do the review of the application Form has to be done by the applicant before submission.
- The information marked in red color should be checked properly before submission.
- Enter the OTP number which has been sent to the registered mobile number.
- Submit the application form to move on to the next step.
Step 4 – Uploading of Scanned Documents
- Login using registration number and password.
- Upload – Photograph, Signature, Right Hand Index Finger Impression.
- To upload a photograph, click on Browse – Select relevant scanned image file from the browser then click on upload button.
- Also for the sign, repeat this process for signature and fingerprint too.
- Candidates can ensure that proper files are being uploaded when a preview of the documents will be shown while uploading through which.
Step 5 – Payment of Application Fees
- The payment can be done through either E-Challan or Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
- Through E-Challan payment can be done by depositing fees in Syndicate Bank, ICICI Bank or HDFC Bank by taking a printout of the generated challan and deposit the fees in the bank.