NEET 2018 Exam Date, Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus
CBSE conducts NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) which is a national level medical examination of the country. NEET 2018 is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses at the best colleges in India. The applicants who are interested in NEET 2018 can apply for the examination before the last date of application. NEET 2018 Application form will be available from 2nd week of February 2018. After the release of official notice interested candidates can apply for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test.
Courses offered through NEET 2018
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
NEET 2018 Notification
- NEET 2018 Application form is expected to release in 2nd week of February 2018. Click Here to apply online for NEET.
- Some Important Books to Prepare for NEET 2018- Check Here
- How to Prepare for NEET 2018- Tips & Tricks- Check Here
- NEET 2018 Exam Date has declared, written examination will be conducted on 6th May 2018.
NEET 2018: Important Dates (Released)
|Release of the application form||8th February 2018 (Released)|
|Last date to fill the application||9th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|The last date to submit the application fee||10th March 2018 (11:50 PM)|
|Correction Window Open||12th to 16th March 2018|
|Admit card release||2nd week of April 2018|
|Exam date||6th May 2018 (10:00 AM to 1:00 PM)|
|Announcement of Result||5th June 2018|
|1st Round Counselling starts||12th June to 24th June 2018|
|Admission Schedule||Central Counselling||State Counselling|
|All India Quota||Deemed + CI|
|1st round of counseling||12th – 24th June||12th – 24th June||25th June – 05th July|
|Last date of joining||3rd July||3rd July||12th July|
|2nd round of counseling||6th – 12th July||6th – 12th July||15th – 26th July|
|Last date of joining||22nd July||22nd July||3 August|
|Mop-up round||12th – 22nd August||4th – 8th August|
|Last date of joining||26th August||12th August|
|Forwarding of list of students, in order of merit equalling to ten times the number of vacant seats to the medical colleges by the counselling authority||27th August||13th August|
|Last date of joining||31st August||18th August|
New changes Introduced
- Candidates belonging to the general category may get 9 attempts to appear in NEET exam.
- Candidates belonging to the reserved category may get 14 attempts to appear in NEET exam.
- The exam will be bilingual.
NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
Eligibility Criteria for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be of Indian Nationality.
- The applicant has to be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the required age on or before December 31, 2018.
- General category applicants have to be maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2018, to seek admission under the 15% All India State Quota.
- By a period of 5 years (30 years) the upper age limit of reserved categories is relaxed.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 with PCMB and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course as prescribed by the NCERT.
- Or the candidate should have passed B.Sc Examination of an Indian University with not less than 2 of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics, and Biotechnology.
- General category candidates will have to secure at least 50% marks in P, C, B together in 10+2 examination while the Reserved category candidates will have to obtain 40% marks minimum.
Domicile: Students from Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
For Seats under States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC the eligibility criteria is
- Must be 17 years on or before December 31, 20187.
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission depending upon the states.
- According to the different states/universities/institutions.
Check complete details for NEET 2018 Eligibility Criteria- Click Here
NEET 2018 Application Form
NEET 2018 Application forms will be available from the 2nd week of March 2018. The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they start the application process. Once the application form has filled completely, the applicants have to send the confirmation page along with other necessary documents at this address-
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi- 110092
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fee can be paid through online (using debit/ credit card) or offline (using bank challan) mode. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
|For General/OBC||Rs. 1400/|
|For SC/ST/PH||Rs. 750/-|
- The examination will be based on offline mode with duration of 3 hours.
- There will be total 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper will be available in English & Hindi both.
- The question paper of NEET 2018 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
NEET 2018 Syllabus and Exam Pattern- Check Here
Reservation of Seats
|Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste Category (SC)||15%|
|Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
States Participating in NEET 2018
Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Chattisgarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Odisha, Punjab, Rajasthan, Telangana, Tripura, Tamil Nadu, West Bengal, Pondicherry, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala,
Details of Seat Quota
|15% All India Quota Seats||Will be filled at All India Level as per the criteria using NEET 2018 Merit List.|
|85% State Quota Seats (Govt. Colleges)||Admission will be done using NEET scores and as per the eligibility criteria of the state by the Directorate of Medical Education of the respective states.|
|Private and Deemed Medical Colleges/Universities||As per the criteria of the state and using NEET scores, admissions will be done by the Directorate of Medical Education of the state.|
|Armed Forces College, BHU and AMU||Seats to be filled using NEET scores and counseling will be held by the institute itself.|
NEET 2018 At a Glance
- Examination Conducting Body: Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- Exam Category: Undergraduate
- Exam Level: National
- Courses Offered: MBBS and BDS
- Number of Seats Offered: 52,305 MBBS and BDS seats
- Duration of Course: 4½ years with 1 year compulsory rotating internship for MBBS and 4 years with 1 year compulsory rotating internship for BDS
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Mode of Examination: Offline Mode
- Types of Question: MCQ with a single correct response.
- Number of Questions: 180
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Syllabus: Consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- Minimum Required Percentile for NEET 2018: 50 Percentile for General Category, 40 Percentile for Reserved Category, 45 Percentile for PwD Category
NEET 2018 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2018.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card.
- The authority shall not provide the admit card by post.
- Admit Card will contain details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date & Timing, Exam center, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
- Download NEET 2018 Admit Card- Click Here
NEET 2018 Answer Key
CBSE Board will release the NEET 2018 Answer Key for all sets. Students will be able to download the answer key via online process. Answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Through answer key, students can get a rough idea about their performance in the entrance test. Download NEET Answer Key- Click Here
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website.
- The answer key will be released within a week of examination.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- The payment will be refunded in case of the challenge is accepted by the Board.
NEET 2018 Result
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
- Check NEET Result 2018- Click Here
NEET 2018 Cut-Off
NEET 2018 Cut-Off will be based on several factors such as availability of seats, the number of candidates, and difficulty level of the examination etc. The cut-off is the basic and minimum score which have to be secured by the candidate in order to qualify the examination. NEET Cutoff 2018 Category wise- Check Here
- The cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination.
- It will be released in the month of June 2017.
- It will be based on the number of students appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 40% marks for reserved categories and 45% for general-PH.
NEET 2018 Counselling
The NEET 2018 Counselling will begin from the 3rd week of June 2018. After result declaration, the merit list will be prepared and those candidates who fall in the merit list will be invited for NEET 2018 Counselling. NEET 2018 Counselling Procedure- Check Here
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be the conducting committee of the counseling process.
- It will be done online to allot eligible applicants in the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counseling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants, mock counseling will also be conducted online to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- On the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, final allotment of seats will be done based.
- The applicant will have to report at their allotted institute, after being successfully allotted seats, for document verification and payment of fees.
- The counseling of the 85% State Quota seats will be done by the counseling committee of the respective states.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the state merit list.
- the applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counseling will depend on the states.
NEET 2018: Important Points