NEET (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) is a national level medical examination conducted by National Testing Agency (NTA). NEET is the gateway to offer admissions to deserving applicants in MBBS and BDS courses at the best colleges in India. The qualified candidates of this entrance test to get admission in well known medical institutions in the country. The applicants who are interested in NEET can apply for the examination before the last date of application. NEET Application form will be available from the 2nd week of December every year. After the release of official notice interested candidates can apply for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test. Candidates can get more details about NEET 2021 in the following article.
NEET 2021 At a Glance
- Examination Conducting Body: National Testing Agency (NTA)
- Exam Category: Undergraduate
- Exam Level: National
- Courses Offered: MBBS and BDS
- Duration of Course: 4½ years with a 1-year compulsory rotating internship for MBBS and 4 years with a 1-year compulsory rotating internship for BDS
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Mode of Examination: Offline Mode
- Types of Question: MCQ with a single correct response.
- Number of Questions: 180
- Negative Marking: Yes
- Syllabus: Consisting of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and General Knowledge
- Minimum Required Percentile for NEET 2021: 50 Percentile for General Category, 40 Percentile for Reserved Category, 45 Percentile for PwD Category
Courses offered through NEET
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery)
- BDS (Bachelor of Dental Surgery)
NEET 2021: Important Dates
|Release of the Application form
|1st week of December 2020
|Ending of the Application submission
|4th week of December 2020
|Last date to pay the fee
|1st week of December 2020
|Admit card available
|3rd week of March 2021
|1st week of May 2021
|Announcement of result
|1st week of June 2021
|2nd week of June 2021
- An Indian citizen can apply.
- OCI citizens of India are also eligible to be a part of this exam.
- The candidate should pass the higher secondary exam from the recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology / Biotechnology (PCB) along with mathematics as well as English securing at least 50% marks for the 12th standard exam.
- For candidates from the reserved category can be the participant of this exam even if they have only 40% marks.
- Appearing candidates of 12th classes are also eligible to apply.
- The minimum age of the candidate should not less than 17 years, till 31st Dec.
- The maximum age of the candidate should be 25 years till 31st Dec.
- The age relaxation for reserved category candidates is 5 years, it means max 30 years.
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Candidates belonging to UT of J&K and Ladakh are eligible to apply under 15% All India Quotas only on the basis of self-declaration.
- Such candidates must submit an online Self- Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for record.
- The self-declaration form will be necessary at the time of counselling/admission.
|Category of the Applicant
|Percentage of Reservation
|Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)
|Scheduled Caste Category (SC)
|Physically Handicapped Category
NEET 2021 Application Form
NEET 2021 Application form will be available from the 1st week of December 2020. The applicants have to apply online from the official website of the authority. The applicants are advised to go through the eligibility criteria & instructions carefully before they start the application process. Visit the official website and fill only one application form. Filling of more than one application form will lead to the cancellation of forms. Candidates should have a phone number and email Id at the time of registration to get login credentials. Once the application form has filled completely, the applicant should print and keep it safe for further use. There is no need to send the printout of the application form to the board.
The applicants have to pay the application fee to complete the application process. The application fees for different categories are as follows-
- The application fee can be paid online using Credit Card/Debit Card/Net-banking/UPI/Paytm.
- There will be no offline mode to pay the application fee.
- The examination will be based on offline mode with a duration of 3 hours.
- The question paper will be available in English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Bengali, Oriya, Assamese, Telugu, Tamil, Urdu and Kannada Languages.
- There will be a total of 180 questions of MCQ type.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer and there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- The question paper of NEET 2021 will be divided into 4 sections. The distribution of questions for each section is as follows-
NEET 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card will be released in the 1st week of April 2021.
- Successfully registered candidates will be able to download the Admit Card.
- The authority shall not provide the admit card by post.
- Admit Card will contain details like Category, Photograph, Roll Number, Candidate Name, Father Name, Exam Date & Timing, Exam center, etc.
- Preserve the admit card till the admission process gets over.
NEET 2021 Answer Key
CBSE Board will release the NEET 2021 Answer Key for all sets. Students will be able to download the answer key via the online process. The answer key contains all the answers to those questions asked in the entrance test. Through the answer key, students can get a rough idea about their performance in the entrance test.
- NEET Answer Key will be published via online mode through the website.
- The answer key will be released within a week of examination.
- Candidates may have an opportunity for the online challenge against the answer key.
- Candidates have to pay Rs. 1000/- per answer challenged.
- The payment will be refunded in case the challenge is accepted by the Board.
NEET 2021 Result
- Candidates can check their results by entering their roll number and other required details in the website.
- The authority shall release the NEET Result via online mode through the website.
- Students are advised to keep extra printouts of the result for further use.
- As per the guidelines from the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, DGHS, MCI, and DCI, a merit list will be prepared for admission.
NEET 2021 Cut-Off
NEET 2021 Cut-Off will be based on several factors such as the availability of seats, the number of candidates, and the difficulty level of the examination, etc. The cut-off is the basic and minimum score which has to be secured by the candidate in order to qualify the examination.
- The cut-off is the minimum marks candidates are needed to qualify the examination.
- It will be released in the month of June 2017.
- It will be based on the number of students who appeared in the exam, difficulty level and availability of seats.
- The minimum qualifying marks should be 50% for general, 40% marks for reserved categories and 45% for general-PH.
NEET 2021 Counselling
The NEET 2021 Counselling will begin from the 3rd week of June 2021. After the result declaration, the authority prepares the merit list and those candidates who fall in the merit list will be invited for NEET 2021 Counselling.
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be the conducting committee of the counseling process.
- The authority conducts the counseling online to allot eligible applicants in the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counseling.
- Before the final allotment of seats for all applicants, there will be online mock counseling to help refine the selection of colleges and courses of the applicants.
- On the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, the final allotment of seats will be done based.
- The applicant will have to report at their allotted institute, after being successfully allotted seats, for document verification and payment of fees.
- The counseling of the 85% State Quota seats will be done by the counseling committee of the respective states.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the state merit list.
- the applicants will have to undergo document verification and fee payment after allotment and the mode of counseling will depend on the states.
NEET 2021: Important Points