National Board of Examinations (NBE) organizes a national level exam called National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test for Post Graduate (NEET PG 2021). The medical exam is conducted across 148 cities in CBT mode. National Board of Examinations (NBE) releases a notification about NEET PG 2021 for candidates who have completed their MBBS course with 12 months compulsory rotatory internship. The online application form will be available at NBE’s website under NEET PG link. Candidates can apply online at nbe.edu.in for NEET PG 2021. There are five simple steps in order to register for the exam.
NEET PG 2021: Important Dates
|Publication of Information Bulletin||1st week of November 2020|
|Registration starts from||1st week of November 2020|
|Availability of admit card||Within 24 hrs of registration|
|Exam Date||1st week of January 2021|
|Declaration of Results||4th week of January 2021|
- MBBS degree or a certificate recognized by the Medical Council of India is required.
- Candidate must possess 1 year of experience certificate.
- Candidates having MBBS degree from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for the All India Quota.
- Candidates who have been allotted government medical colleges in the state of Andhra Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir are eligible for the All India 50% Quota.
- There are no exceptions to the eligibility guidelines.
- Candidates are requested to apply for only if they have valid degrees and have completed the internship by March 31, 2021.
- All the submitted form will be canceled if the degree or internship certificate is invalid.
- The candidates have to clear the exam and appear for NEET PG 2021 Counseling wherein a seat will be allocated.
- The internship certificate must be submitted in original and must define clearly the starting date and the last date of the Compulsory Rotating Resident Internship program.
- The colleges that received recognition after the MCI Cutoff date are considered invalid.
- The registration of the applicant is necessary with the M.C.I/ State Medical Council.
- The candidates can go through the registration process only once.
- The application fee for General and OBC candidates will be INR 3750
- The application fee for SC/ST/PWD/PH candidates will be INR 2750
- The application fee can be paid via Debit/credit card or net banking only.
- The exam will be held in online mode (computer-based test).
- The question paper will be asked in English language only.
- The examination will be organized on a single day in a single session.
- Total of 300 multiple choice type questions will be asked in the examination.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours 30 minutes.
- For the correct answer, four marks will be allotted to the candidates and there will be 25% (one mark) negative marking in the wrong answer.
For Part A
For Part B
|Social and preventive medicine||25|
For Part C
|General Medicine including Dermatology & Venereology & Psychiatry||45|
|General Surgery including Orthopedics, Anaesthesia & Radiodiagnosis||45|
|Obstetrics and Gynaecology||30|
|Bokaro steel city||Karimnagar||Dehradun||Shillong|
- Candidates will be called for counseling as per their ranks.
- In the counseling process, candidates need to fill their choice of courses and colleges.
- Admission of candidates will depend on their rank, filled preferences, and availability of seats.
Documents required at the time of counseling are:
- NEET PG 2021 Admit Card and Rank Card
- 10th and 12th class mark sheet and passing certificate
- Graduation certificate
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Transfer Certificate
- Counseling call letter
- Recent passport size photographs
Important Books for NEET PG 2021
- DAMS Beat The NEET by Sumer K Sethi
- Self Assessment and Review of NEET Pattern Question by Arvind Arora
- All India PG Medical Entrance Exam with Answers by Gupta, Krishnamurthy & Sethi
- DNB CET Review for Primary and Post Diploma by Vaibhav Bharat & Ishad Aggarwal
- Postgraduate Medical Entrance Exam, Volume 2 & 3 by Amit Tripathi & Ashish Gupta