NMU Ph.D Admission 2023: Established in 1990, North Maharashtra University (NMU) is located in Jalgaon, Maharashtra. The university provides many UG and PG courses in 220 affiliated colleges and 4 University recognized Research Institutes/Centers. Among these colleges, 5 colleges have been identified as College with Potential for Excellence and 1 college is recognized as College of Excellence. The university will release the notification about NMU Ph.D Admission soon. Candidates can get more details about NMU Ph.D Admission 2023 in the following article.
Allocation of Seats
- 50 % seats each from the total available seats will be allocated to the candidates who qualify the Entrance Test.
- 50 % of seats will be for the candidates who are exempted from the Entrance Test.
- The reservation policy of the State Govt. will be followed while allocating seats
NMU Ph.D Admission 2023: Important Dates
|Availability of online Application form||4th week of April 2023|
|Last date to fill the application form||3rd week of May 2023|
|Last date for submission of hard copy||3rd week of May 2023|
|Display of provisional list of eligible candidates||4th week of May 2023|
|Last date of receipt of objection on list||4th week of May 2023|
|Display of final list of eligible candidates||4th week of May 2023|
|Issue of Hall ticket in the login ID||01st week of June 2023|
|Tentative dates of exam||2nd week of June 2023|
- Library & Information Science: Candidates having an M. Lib degree or qualified I.Sc. / NET /SET /JRF examinations can apply.
- Journalism and Mass Communication: A post-graduation degree and any NET/SET/JRF.
- Science/ Arts/ Commerce: A post-graduation degree with at least 50 % marks or equivalent CGPA from any recognized statutory University.
NMU Ph.D Admission Form
The application form of NMU Ph.D Admission 2023 will be available only online on the university website www.nmu.ac.in. Visit the official website and click on the given link for NMU Ph.D Admission. Fill the application form with all the correct details as per the given instructions. Pay the application fee by selecting the appropriate payment option. Print the hard copy of the submitted online application form and payment receipt. Submit the hard copy of the filled application form along with fee transaction slip and other necessary documents to the official address. Without sending the form and documents, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the entrance test of considered for exemption.
Documents to be attached
- The challan/transaction slip prescribed Entrance Test fee
- Marks-sheet of Master’s Degree or M.Phil. Degree
- Caste Certificate and Domicile certificate in case of reserved categories.
- Certificate(s) of claiming to fulfill the conditions for the exemption from Entrance Test
- Medical Certificate issued by Civil Surgeon in the case of Physically and Visually Handicapped candidates.
- Click on make payment and select appropriate payment.
- The application fee for general category students will be Rs. 1000.
- For the reserved category, the fee will be Rs. 800.
- The foreign students will pay Rs. 5000 as an application fee.
- Pay the Application fee through online generated challan/online payment gateway.
- The selection of the candidates will be based on the Ph.D. Entrance Test devised and conducted by the University.
- The qualified candidates of the Entrance Test shall have to appear for an interview.
- Paper-I would be General Aptitude Test.
- There will be multiple choice type questions asked in the exam.
- The exam would be of 100 marks.
- The questions cover logical reasoning, numerical ability, reasoning, and language aptitude.
- You will able to write Paper 2 only if you qualify for this paper.
- Paper-II would be Subject Specific test of 100 marks.
- 20% marks will be allocated to multiple-choice objective questions
- 80% of marks will be allocated to theoretical descriptive questions.
Exemptions from Entrance Test
- The qualified candidates in SET/NET/JRF examinations of the apex bodies as CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ ICMR/DBT
- Passed M.Phil., M.E./M.Tech, M.Pharm from statutory University
- Persons with exceptional abilities and Senior Citizens at the discretion of Vice-Chancellor
- Foreign students
- Teachers having 5 years of regular (unconditional approval) teaching experience at U.G./P.G. level.
Official Website: http://nmu.ac.in/