North Bengal University offers a full-time Ph.D. course in various fields like Applied Sciences, Commerce, Arts, Engineering & Technology. The duration of the course is 6 years and is offered in a number of 20 specializations. The selection of the candidates depends upon the performance in Entrance Test and Viva-Voce/ Interview. The university invites application form for North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions for the next academic year in online mode. Candidates having a Master’s degree in a relevant subject will be eligible for admission. Visit the university website and fill the application form of North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions.
- The application process has been started. Click Here to apply online.
North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions: Important Dates
|Publication of the Advertisement||1st week of December 2023|
|Opening Date of Online Application||1st week of December 2023|
|Closing Date of Online Application||2nd week of December 2023|
|List of Eligible Candidates for the Entrance Test||2nd week of December 2023|
|List of Eligible Candidates directly for the Viva||3rd week of December 2023|
|Entrance Test||3rd week of December 2023|
|Publication of Results of the Entrance Test||3rd week of December 2023|
|Viva-Voce||4th week of December 2023|
|Sending the Final List of successful candidates for admission||4th week of December 2023|
|Publication of Final List of successful candidates for admission||4th week of December 2023|
|Commencement of classes||1st week of January 2021|
Specialization and Seats provided through North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions
|Name of the Department||No. of Scholar to be admitted||Name of the Department||No. of Scholar to be admitted|
|Philosophy||12||Pharmaceutical & Technology||10|
|Political Science||6||Centre for Himalayan Studies||4|
|Sociology||2||Library and Information Science||6|
|Anthropology||5||Computer Science & Application||10|
|Bio-technology||10||Geography & Applied Geography||21|
- Master’s degree in Arts, Commerce, Law, Science, Engineering, Technology, pharmacy or any other discipline.
- The above qualification should be passed with at least 55% marks in the qualifying examination. A Relaxation of 5% is given to the reserved categories (SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged candidates).
- UGC- NET/ UGC – CSIR NET/ SLET/ SET/ GATE qualified applicants or teachers of this university/ fellowship holders’/ M.Phil. degree holders with at least 55% marks are exempted from appearing in the entrance test. But, NBU requires theses candidates to appear in Viva-voce/interview.
North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions: Application Form
The application process will be online. Visit the website of the university and Register using a valid e-mail address and Mobile number. Candidates have to fill all the information correctly and attach a scanned photocopy of passport size photograph and signature. Pay the application fee. After getting confirmation, proceed to the application process of North Bengal University Ph.D Admissions. Select the course of your choice. Fill other required information and confirm the status, submit and take a print out for record purpose.
- The cost of Online application is Rs. 200/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST/OBC/PWD).
- No application other than Online application will be considered.
- The selection of candidates is based on the performance of the students in the entrance examination.
- First of all, the candidates must fulfill the eligibility criteria as prescribed by the university.
- Half of the syllabus of the entrance examination consists of the research methodology.
- The other half of the syllabus is based on a specific subject.
- That means the syllabus shall consist of 50% of research methodology and 50% shall be subject-specific.
- Candidates must secure at least 50% in the entrance examination to get in the panel for viva-voce.
- Viva-voce is conducted by the concerned department after the successful conduction of the entrance exam.
- Candidates have to give a presentation regarding the topic of their research before duly constituted DRC.
- In the entrance test, 50% shall be the qualifying marks.
- Applicants who have qualified UGC- NET/ UGC – CSIR NET/ SLET/ SET/ GATE with at least 55% marks are exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Candidates who are teachers of this university/ fellowship holder’s/ M.Phil. degree holders with at least 55% marks are also exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Such candidates have to appear for the interview / viva-voce part of the entrance test.
|Item||Ph. D (Science & Technology) (Amount in Rs.)||Ph. D (Arts, Commerce, and Law) (Amount in Rs.)|
|Admission Fee (once)||1000/-||1000/-|
|Library Fee (once)||500/-||500/-|
|Library Caution deposit Fees (Refundable)||1000/-||1000/-|
|Identity Card Fee (once)||50/-||50/-|
|Student Health Home||60/-||60/-|
|Course Fee (once)||1200/-||1200/-|
|Course-work Examination Fee (once)||1000/-||1000/-|
|Student Medical Aid Fund||5/-||5/-|
|Laboratory Caution Deposit Fee (Refundable)||1000/-||N.A.|
|Total Fees to be deposited at the time of admission||9315/-||7315/-|
Documents Required at the time of Admission
- Xerox of Academic certificates.
- Caste Certificate (For SC candidates).
- Original Copies of all the certificates (For Verification).
- UGC- NET/ UGC – CSIR NET/ SLET/ SET/ GATE score card (If applicable).
Visit the official website of North Bengal University