Visva Bharati University Admission 2023: Visva Bharati University is a central government-funded self-governing university situated at Shantiniketan, West Bengal. This University is counted as one of the best universities for higher learning education points. It is the best place of learning cradled in a serene environment in the lap of Nature where Rabindranath founded a school for children at Santiniketan and it was around this nucleus that the structure of an unconventional University. The University conducts the admission process for many courses such as – BBA, MBA B.Ed., B.A, B.Sc., B.Com, M. Phil., M.Sc., M.A, MCA, M.Com, M.Ed., BCA, etc. So, candidates seeking admission for this Visva Bharati University can check the details given below.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2023 Important Updates
The admission process will be started from the 1st week of May 2023. Check Here: Visva Bharati University Application Form.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2023 Important Dates
|Releases of Advertisement
|1st week of May 2023
|Availability of Application form
|1st week of May 2023
|Closing date to submit the application form
|1st week of June 2023
Visva Bharati University Application Form
- Visva-Bharati 2023 application form will be released through Online mode.
- The mode of applying would be via online mode.
- Upload your scanned images (photograph & signature) in the prescribed format.
- Remit the application fee which amounts to Rs-400/-(general/OBC) & Rs-140/- for (SC/ST).
- Don’t forget to take a printout of the application form after successful submission.
- Candidate age must not be less than 21 years
- There is no upper age limit as prescribed.
For UG Programmes
- Students must have completed Intermediate (12th) from any recognized board with a required percentage of marks.
- For B.A. (H) and B.Sc. (H): 60% marks in aggregate and 60% marks in the specialization subject at + 2 levels (% may vary for some courses).
- For B.A(Pass) in Vocational Functional Hindi: 45% marks in aggregate as well as in Hindi at +2 level
- For B.Fine Arts (H): Pass in Class 10+2 or equivalent
- For B.Ed: B.A. /B.Sc. / B.Mus ( Rabindra-Sangeet / Classical) Degree with 3-Year Honours/Major subject
For PG Programmes
- Graduation is required on the relevant courses as per applying for the masters.
- For M.A.: B.A. Passed with specialization subject and a required percentage.
- For M.Sc: B.Sc. Passed with specialization subject and a required percentage.
- For MSW in Social Work: Passed BSW(H) from any recognized University with 50% (45% marks for OBC and pass marks for SC, ST, PWD candidates)
- For M.Ed: At least 50% marks in B.Ed or BA. B.Ed./ B.Sc. B.Ed
For Higher Courses
- For M. Phil: 55% marks at PG Level in the concerned/ allied subject and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD student
- For Integrated M. Phil. /Ph.D.: Students from any discipline can apply
- For Ph.D.: 55% marks in any of the disciplines of social sciences, geography, philosophy, literature and social work at the Masters level
- The application fee for General & OBC candidates Rs. 500/- + Rs. 200/- (For each additional subject)
- The application fee for SC, ST & PWD candidates Rs. 150/- + Rs. 75/- (For each additional subject)
- The mode of payment would be DR/CR card/Net banking.
- If finding difficulty in online payment, applicants can deposit it in any of the HDFC branches by taking out the challan generated via online mode.
Selection will be based on the performance of the candidate in the entrance exam.
Reservation for the Applicants
- Reservation for OBC, SC, ST& DA (previously PWD) (Differently able) candidates: (as per Govt. Rules).
- Reservation of seats for OBC/SC/ST differently able candidates shall be as per Government rules as applicable at the time of admission. As per the common of the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India, reservation for OBC candidates shall not include socially advanced persons (commonly known as the ‘creamy layer). The onus of establishing that an OBC candidate does not belong to the ‘creamy layer’ shall rest with the candidate.
- General and OBC Candidates are liable to apply for admission which is subjects to the fulfillment of departmental criteria (unrelated to general and OBC candidates) as given in the respective Bhavana’s eligibility criteria. Such conditions do not apply to ST/SC /PWD candidates.
- Certificates in respect of SC/ST/OBC/Differently able candidates should be issued by appropriate authorities authorized by the respective Government in this regard within their respective jurisdictions (e.g. District Magistrate/District Collector/ Additional District Magistrate/Sub-Divisional Officer/Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/Taluka Magistrate/ Deputy Collector/ Stipendiary Assistant Commissioner (not below the rank of First Class Magistrate)/ Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Revenue Officer/ Presidency Magistrate/ not below the rank of Tehsildar/ First Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioners/ Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/ Collector of Stamp Revenue, Calcutta/ Metropolitan Magistrate, Calcutta/Deputy Collector of Land Revenue, Calcutta).
- Certificates issued by an appropriate authority, who had been authorized by the Government to issue such certificates in case of candidates claiming to be Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe candidates and ordinarily residing within such jurisdictions, may only be accepted.
- Mobile no.
- Email id
- Scanned photograph (Less than 100KB) & Scanned signature (Less than 100KB)
- CR card Net banking or ATM-cum-DR Card if available.
Visva Bharati University Admission 2023: Important Points
- Modalities for Admission are specified in the relevant section in each Bhavana in the Prospectus.
- The mode of applying would be Online only except B.Ed and M.Ed programs.
- Incomplete applications will automatically be rejected.
- Students must generate their original final mark sheets of previous public examinations and other relevant documents along with attested photo-copies at the time of admission to various programs failing which his/her candidature will not be taken into consideration for admission.
- The qualifying score for admission shall be 30 out of 100 for general candidates and 27 out of 100 for OBC candidates (wherever applicable). There may be no qualifying marks in the case of SC/ST candidates.
- In the case of the grading system in the 12th result, the student must secure the percentage of marks for their grades mentioned in the mark sheets otherwise against the grade the minimum marks in the range (mentioned against the grade) will be taken into consideration for the calculation. Candidates coming from other Institutions/Universities must submit Migration Certificates from their respective Universities / Institutions within 6 (six) months from the date of their admission to this University as per rules, otherwise, their admissions are liable to be canceled.
- Medical Insurance was necessary and all candidates were required to remit medical insurance fee Rs.332/- at the time of admission.
- It is compulsory for all admitted candidates to appear in the class for at least 7 days out of the first two weeks of commencement of class.
- 15% of intake capacity at the university level will be made available for foreign students/international students which will be evaluated as supernumerary seats. 5% of seats out of the 15% supernumerary seats for admission of foreign students shall be earmarked for children of Indian workers in the Gulf and southeast Asia.
- In case if the candidate finds any difficulty in online payment then he/ she can deposit the application fee at any HDFC branches using a Bank Challan produce online & the details of the Bank will be printed in the Challan.
Help Desk: Contact: Adhyaksha, Vidya-Bhavana,
Visva-Bharati, P.O. Santiniketan-731 235
District – Birbhum, West Bengal