WB SET 2023: West Bengal College Service Commission will announce the notification of WB SET 2023 for the posts of Assistant Professor in Universities and Colleges of West Bengal only. The Application form is the available online mode at the official website of the respective authority. Candidates can apply through www.wbcsconline.in recruitment official site. All the Applicants are advised to find the Eligibility criteria & the rest of the info about WB SET 2023 on this page before filling out the application form. Candidates must read the information carefully before applying online. The Application Fee is to be submitted at any Branch of the United Bank of India.
WB SET 2023 Updates
16th August 2022: West Bengal State Eligibility Test Application Process has been started on 16th August 2022. Check all the details given below.
WB SET 2023: Important Dates
|Starting Date to Apply Online||16 August 2022|
|Closing Date to Apply Online||15 September 2022|
|Last date of submission of Fee||December 2022|
|Exam Date||08 January 2023|
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examinations from Universities/Institutions recognized by UGC are eligible for this Test.
- The percentage criteria are 50% marks for OBC (non-creamy layer)/SC/ST/ persons with disability (PWD) category.
- Candidates who are pursuing or candidates who have appeared for their qualifying examination and whose result is still awaited or candidates whose qualifying examinations have been delayed may also apply for this test.
- There is no upper age limit for applying for SET.
English, Bengali, Sanskrit, Education, Chemical Sciences, Geography, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Sociology, Psychology, Library & Information Science, Oceanography & Planetary Sciences, Music, Law, Physical Education, Electronic Science, Computer Science, Home Science, Santhali, Hindi, Urdu, Commerce, Economics, History, Philosophy, Political Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Anthropology, Earth, Atmospheric, Nepali.
WB SET 2023 Application Form
Applicant should have valid email & Scanned copies of photo, and signature. Candidates log on to https://www.wbcsconline.in/ to fill out the application form. Go to “Home Page” & Select the desired post. Read the information carefully before applying online. Fill all details in the application form correctly to the best of their knowledge. Upload Photo, and Signature in a required format. The application fee should be paid Online & then Submit the Form. Take a printout of the online application for future use.
- The application fee can be paid through credit/ debit card/internet banking or through E-Challan.
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy layer)||Rs.600/-|
- The Test will consist of two papers.
- Both the papers will consist of only objective-type questions.
- The questions in Paper I which will be of general nature, are intended to assess the teaching, research aptitude of the candidate.
- Paper-II will primarily be designed to test the reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking, and general awareness of the candidate.
Scheme of Examination
|Paper||No. of Qns||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||50 (all are compulsory)||100||1 Hour (09:30 A.M. to 10:30 A.M.) IST|
|II||100 (all are compulsory)||200||2 Hours (11:00 A.M. to 01:00 P.M.) IST|
Minimum Qualifying Marks
- The minimum 40% aggregate marks for General Category will be required to qualify.
- 35% aggregate marks for reserved categories (SC, ST, OBC (NCL), and PWD) are required to qualify.
- Candidates who have filled out the application form in time have been issued the admit card for the examination.
- The commission has issued the admit card.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates have to enter the login credentials (User Name).
- It is mandatory to carry admit card on the day of examination.
- The admit card contains important information about the candidate.
- No candidate will be allowed to give the exam without the admit card.
Kolkata, South 24 Parganas, North 24 Parganas, Howrah, Hooghly, Birbhum, Bankura, Purulia, Jhargram, Purba Medinipore, Paschim Medinipore, Nadia, Murishidabad, Malda, Uttar Dinajpur, Dakshin Dinajpur, Purba Bardhaman, Paschim Bardhaman, Jalpaiguri, Alipurduar, Coochbehar & Darjeeling.
Result and Answer Key
- After conducting the examination the Commission will release the answer key and OMR sheet of the candidates.
- The candidates have to pay a certain amount of fee for the OMR sheet.
- The result will be available on the official website of WBCSC.
- The direct link to get the result will also be provided on this page upon the declaration.
WB SET Important Links
|Official Notification||Check Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|WB SET Online Form||Apply Here|
WB SET 2023: Important Instructions
- The Application Form must be complete in all respects as per the Notification.
- All incomplete Application Forms will be rejected.
- WBCSC may change the Centre of examination or date of examination without assigning any reason.
- The candidates have to follow the instructions given by the invigilators.
- No candidates can/should write any question from the Test Booklet anywhere on the admit card or on any other paper.
- Answer keys of all the papers will be available on the official website.