Ahmedabad University Admission 2022: Ahmedabad University is a private and non-profit university functioning since 2009 in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. It was established by the Ahmedabad Education Society, which is a non-profit educational foundation. The University is one of the foremost regarded institutes and offers courses in undergraduate, post-graduate, and doctoral level programs. It offers courses under Business & Management Studies, Accounting & Commerce, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering, Science, IT & Software and Medicine & Health Sciences.
Ahmedabad University Admission Process 2022
A “Holistic Review” approach is used by Ahmedabad University to shortlist the qualifying candidates for its UG programs except for B.Tech. For this selection procedure, the candidate’s academic performance, extracurricular activities, a personal statement followed by personal interaction is evaluated both qualitatively and quantitatively.
In the academic session of 2022-2022, admissions in UG courses based on the following:
- For UG courses, the applying candidate’s Class X and Class XI marks are considered for evaluation.
- Candidates whose Class XII board results will be announced on or before July 15 are required to upload their results immediately.
- Students who will get their results after July 15 will upload the results based on the date of result declaration.
- However, CBSE, IB, IGCSE, and CISCE have another evaluation method, and the results declared by these boards will be accepted.
- Thus, Class XII board results come under University’s Holistic evaluation.
Admission in other courses is given based on national-level entrance exams as given below:
|B.Tech||GUJCET/ JEE Main|
|MBA||CAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ XAT + Personal Interview|
|PhD||NET JRF/ CSIR-UGC-NET|
Applications for admission are accepted online and 50% of seats are allocated through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses.
Ahmedabad University Admission 2022: B.Tech, BA Hons, BS Hons, BBA Hons
For B.Tech, B.Com Hons, BS Hons Hons program:
|Chemical Engineering||GUJCET/ JEE Main
10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate
|Computer Science Engineering|
|Accounting and Finance||English as the main subject in Class XII|
|Computer Science||Maths and English as main subjects in Class XII|
|Physics||Physics, Maths, and English as main subjects in class XII|
|Life Sciences||Must have Biology in Class XII as a compulsory subject and passed it from a recognized board.|
For BA Honours Program
|Economics||Must have English as the main subject in Class XII|
|Social & Political Sciences|
For the BBA Honors Program
|Finance||English as the main subject in Class XII|
|Finance & Economics|
|HR and Organizations|
|Accounting and Finance|
|Family Business and Entrepreneurship|
|Operation Research and Statistics|
|Supply Chain Management|
Ahmedabad University PG Admission 2022: MBA, MA Economics, MCA, MMS, M.Tech
- The selection process for the MBA program will be judged based on the marks scored in CAT/ CMAT/ MAT/ XAT which is followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Similarly, the score of PGCET/ GATE followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview will be the basis for the selection in the M.Tech program.
- Admission in MA (Economics) requires good marks in GMAT/ GRE/ GATE or CAT and IELTS for foreign nationals.
- Ahmedabad University will conduct a common selection process for admissions in the rest of the PG courses.
|MBA||Qualifying Exam- CAT/ MAT/ CMAT/ XAT
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification with a score of 50% aggregate (45% for SC/ST candidates)
|MA Economics||Bachelor’s degree in any field along with training in quantitative subjects either at Bachelor’s level or XII standard.|
|MCA||Must possess a BCA degree from a recognized university with Mathematics in XII or Graduation as a mandatory subject|
|MCA Lateral||BCA/ BSc IT/ CS from a recognized university|
|Master in Heritage Management (MMS)||50% aggregate marks in Bachelor’s (45% for SC/ST/PH)|
|M.Tech CSE||Qualifying Exam – GATE/ PGCET
50% aggregate marks in BE/ B.Tech or equivalent examination (45% for SC/ ST/ SEBC candidates)
Ahmedabad University Ph.D. Admission 2022
As mentioned earlier, a valid scorecard for JRF or UGC-NET is a requirement for admission to Ph.D. programs. A merit list will be prepared for the final selection of students which will consider performance in the qualifying exam, entrance exam, and Interview. Candidates who have successfully qualified CSIR-UGC-NET examination will have to report for an Interview.
|Computer Engineering||First-class degree or 60% aggregate in MSc/ MTech in relevant discipline|
Ahmedabad University Application Process 2022 details:
To get admission to Ahmedabad University for the session 2022-22, candidates can easily apply online following this procedure:
- Visit the official website of Ahmedabad University https://ahduni.edu.in/
- Click on the admission tab.
- Choose “apply online” for the course you are willing to apply for.
- Fill application form along with providing required documents.
- Proceed to pay the application fee.
- Submit the application form.
For applying in any of the UG Courses, the application fee is Rs 600/-, for all the PG courses, it’s Rs 1200/-, and it’s Rs 1000/- for Ph.D. courses.
- It requires a mark sheet of Class X, XII, Graduation, or equivalent.
- A valid scorecard of GRE or GMAT/GATE/CAT or other applicable scorecards.
- A valid IELTS score is also required for foreign candidates.
- Information regarding your achievements in social entrepreneurship or creative business.
- A certificate highlighting your socio-economic background (for SC/ST/OBC/SBEC category applicants)
- Disability certificate, if any (for differently-abled aspiring candidates).
Ahmedabad University Fee structure 2022
|Program||First-Year Tuition Fee||Payable Fee for each semester in the first year||Security Amount||Total payable amount on Admission|
Ahmedabad University Scholarships 2022
To provide financial aid to financially weaker and meritorious candidates Ahmedabad University also generates a scholarship program. Fee waiver scholarships are provided to the students based on merit. After receiving admission to Ahmedabad University, students requiring the financial need to contact the Office of Admissions and Financial Aid.
- Need-based scholarships: These are granted to students maintaining a minimum CGPA of 2.0 in a particular year. Need-based students either get a partial or full waiver of tuition fees
- Merit-based scholarships: These are provided based on the academic performance to recognize their achievements. These are given at the time of admission to first-year students of the UG category and enable a 100% tuition fee waiver.
- Students getting admission in B.Tech through the Admission Committee for Professional Courses (ACPC) get a full waiver of the tuition fees for all four years if awarded a scholarship. Similarly, students getting Merit scholarships after getting admitted through Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) will be eligible for a full waiver of the tuition fees for all four years.
Frequently Asked Questions on Ahmedabad University Admission
Q1. Does Ahmedabad University conduct an entrance examination for candidates to get admission in the B.Tech program?
Yes, the candidates applying for the B.Tech program at Ahmedabad University have to qualify Gujarat Common Entrance Test (GUJCET) conducted by teh University.
Q2. Does the University provide accommodation for students?
Yes, modern hostel facilities are available for boys and girls providing a secure and comfortable environment.
Q3. What is the status of Ahmedabad University in terms of offering placements to their students?
Many well-renowned companies visit the University every year for offering placements to the students. Companies like Amazon, Amul, Godrej, Nirma, Asian Paints, Axis Bank, Zomato, Yes Bank, Reliance, Radio Mirchi, Birla Sun Life Insurance, and many more are included in the list of offering placement to Ahmedabad University students.
Q4. In which month the University starts its session?
The new session at the Ahmedabad University starts in the last week of July every year.
Q5. What about the staff and faculty teaching at Ahmedabad University?
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
All the staff and faculties appointed in Ahmedabad University are alumni of the best academic institutions either in India and abroad. They aim to provide highly specialized teaching to the students and an innovation-focused learning environment.