IGNOU BSc Nursing 2023: Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) releases the application form for IGNOU BSc Nursing 2023. IGNOU will issue a notification for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program starting from January 2023. The eligible candidates will be shortlisted for admission for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program through Entrance Test. The selection of the candidate is done region-wise based on merit in common entrance tests. Check all the details regarding IGNOU BSc Nursing 2023 from the page below.
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Overview
|IGNOU BSc Post Basic Nursing
|Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
|BSc Post Basic Nursing
|Frequency of exam
|Once a year
|Not Released Yet
Total No. of Seats
- Through the INC, the number of seats as approved for admission to IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing Program varies from PSC to PSC.
- The list of Program Study Centre (PSCs) for Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing along with PSCs Code and RCs Code and number of seats is given in Appendix VIII
Category-wise Availability of Seats
- for admission to Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing Program total of 620 seats in 20 INC approved Program Study Centre’s (PSC) are available of IGNOU for January 2023 session.
- Where Post Basic BSc Nursing students will be admitted the list includes active PSCs.
IGNOU BSc Nursing 2023: Important dates
|Release of online application forms
|Last date of submitting application forms
|Entrance Test Date
|To be announced
|To be announced
|To be announced
IGNOU Post Basic B.Sc Nursing 2023 Important Links
- Candidates having 10+2 with three years Diploma in General Nursing and Midwifery (GNM) with a minimum of two years of experience (five years for In-service Nurses) (after registration as RNRM) in the profession
- For male nurses: male candidates who have not done midwifery in the GNM program, should have a certificate in any of the Nursing courses of 6-9 months duration prescribed through the Indian Nursing Council in lieu of midwifery OR
- There is no maximum age limit
IGNOU BSc Nursing 2023: Application Form
IGNOU BSc Nursing application form can be downloaded from www.ignou.ac.in. Candidates can get the application form from Regional Centre IGNOU directly or by post. They will be required to submit their entrance test form to the Regional Centre from where the candidates wish to pursue the Program. The Program Study Centers for Post Basic BSc Nursing are located only in Regional Centers as given in Appendix-VIII. Or They fill the RC code/PSC code in their entrance test forms of only those regional centers where PSCs for Post Basic BSc Nursing are activated and given in the Appendix-VIII.
Submission of Application Form
- Candidates must submit the application form at the concerned Regional Centre only (Where the candidate wishes to take admission) or
- Through registered post/speed post Applications in the prescribed form complete in all respects should reach the Concerned Regional Director, IGNOU Regional Centre (where the Program study center of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is located), on or before the last date.
- After that, fill up Regional Centre Code where they want to take admission and in which the Program Study Centre of Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing is located
IGNOU Scholarship 2023 Online Form for SC, ST, and OBC
- They must submit the entrance test form to the Regional Centre from where the applicants wish to pursue the Program.
- From all over, the country Entrance test will be conducted on the date as on the official website of the university.
- The question paper will comprise 120 multiple-choice questions (bearing one mark each) drawn from various subjects taught in GNM. Or A sample question paper for the entrance exam is provided in the advertisement.
- The examination authority will be provided OMR Sheet for marking the responses.
- Candidates must complete the exam within two and a half hours.
|Mode of exam
|Offline (answers to be marked on an OMR sheet)
|Type of questions
|Objective, Multiple Choice type Questions (MCQs)
|+1 for every correct answer, 0 for every wrong answer
|2 hours 30 minutes
- The Course Fee is Rs.18000/- per annum
- Through Demand Draft, drawn The Program fee should be paid in the favor of IGNOU. Or
- Write your name, address, and telephone number to ensure proper credit to your account on the back of the Demand Draft
- Details of the Program Fee will be informed during notification for counseling.