AMU PhD Admission 2023: Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) releases Ph.D. Admission notification to offer Doctorate level programs in 13 faculties. AMU was established in 1920 and provides quality education in different departments. The university also offers admission to candidates from foreign countries. Seats in the AMU are also reserved for the students of SAARC and Commonwealth Countries. The application forms of AMU PhD Admission 2023 can be filled by visiting the official page of AMU, Controller Exam. Admissions in the university are done in two ways: Departmental Admission Test (conducted at Aligarh) and Entrance Exam (conducted at designated centers). To offer admission in the PhD program, AMU conducts a Written Test followed by an Interview.
AMU PhD Admission 2023: Important Dates
|PhD (Business Administration)
||3rd week of May 2023
||1st week of June 2023
- Master’s degree or equivalent in the proposed field of research from any recognized university is required to apply for AMU PhD Admission 2023.
- The above qualification should be passed with at least 55% aggregate marks (50% for reserved categories).
Departments offered through AMU PhD Admission 2023
- Fine Arts: Painting
- English: English, English Language Teaching
- Persian: Classical Persian Literature, Indo-Persian Literature & Modern Persian Literature
- Engineering & Technology (Part-Time)
|Modern Indian Language
|Malayalam Literature, Folk Literature, and Cultural Studies
|Folk Literature Child Literature
|Modern and Medieval Marathi Language
|Novel and Short Stories of Modern Bengali Literature
||Language of Advertising Media and Market
|Fiction and Bhakti Kavya
|Fiction Comparative Study
||Philosophy of Science
|Criticism of Translation Studies
||Islamic Phil Iqbaliyat
|Fiction Comparative Literature
||Contemporary Western Philosophy
|Adikal Evam Madhyakalin Sahitya
||Indian Philosophy Existentialism
|Fiction and Bhakti Kaleen Kavya
||Muslim/ Indian/ Western Philosophy
|Medieval Poetry Comparative Study
||Contemporary Western Philosophy Aesthetics
- Admission is granted on the basis of a Written Test followed by a Presentation/ Interview.
- Candidates have to score at least 50% marks in the Written Test in order to be getting shortlisted for the Interview
- The written test will be 80 marks and the Presentation/ Interview will be of 30 marks.
- NET/ JRF/ GATE/ CSIR/ DBT/ ICAR qualified candidates will be exempted from the Entrance Test.
- Such candidates are required to appear in the Presentation cum Interview round.
- Submit the duly filled application form to the Office of Controller of Examination, AMU on or before the last date of application.
- The duration of the Written Test will be two hours for 80 marks.
- One mark will be given for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking for the wrong answers
|Section A (MCQs)
|Section B (Descriptive)