The admission process for B.Sc Biotechnology will start in the month of May or June 2022. Several colleges offer admission to this course on the basis of an entrance exam or on merit. Candidates need to score well in class 12th and in the entrance exam for admission. Basically, almost every college offers admission based on merit. However, there are some colleges and universities that organize entrance tests for the same.
B.Sc Biotechnology is a 3 year under graduation course that belongs to the field of applied biology. It basically is a technique of using living organisms in the field of engineering, technology, and medicine. It is a combined study of Computer Science, Technology, and Biology. The course includes the study of subjects such as Medical Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Genetics, and Biochemistry.
B.Sc Biotechnology Admissions 2022 Highlights
|Name of the course||B.Sc Biotechnology|
|Level of course||Undergraduate|
|Duration of course||3 years|
|Type of examination||Semester|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Entrance exams||DUET, CUET, JMIEE|
|Eligibility||12th with Physics, Chemistry, and biology as mandatory subjects with 50 % marks.|
|Average fees||INR 50,000- INR 2,00,000 p.a.|
B.Sc Biotechnology 2022 Entrance Exams Date
|Name of the entrance exam||Registration date||Entrance exam date|
|DUET 2022||March 2022||June 2022|
|CUET 2022||March 2022||May 2022|
|JMIEE 2022||February 2022||May 2022|
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 education with 50 % marks. 5 % of relaxation in case of reserved category.
- Admissions to B.Sc Biotechnology are merit/entrance exam-based.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects.
- UDBEE, CBEEE, AIBEE, EE, AIIMS Biotechnology are popular admission entrance exams for this course.
B.Sc Biotechnology Subjects
- Biophysics and Instrumentation
- Molecular Genetics
- Cell structure and Dynamics
- Principles of Immunology
- Principles of Microbiology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Introduction to C Programming & Digital Logic
- Animal Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Introduction to Data Structure and Computer Organization
- Medical Biotechnology
B.Sc Biotechnology Admission Process
The main admission procedure that is observed by the Indian Universities for admission to B.Sc Biotechnology is provided here:
- Before applying to B.Sc Biotechnology, make sure to check the eligibility norms set by the respective university.
- Candidates can apply to the institute offering B.Sc Biotechnology Admission.
- Applicants have to either appear for the entrance test or the admission will be merit-based.
- For both entrance and merit-based admission, candidates have to apply online on the respective university/ college website.
- You have to fill in the form by providing the required details.
- Upload the essential certificates required.
- Once you have uploaded the documents, pay the registration charges.
- The admit card will be issued to the candidates before the entrance exam.
- Shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for the Counseling Procedure.
Through merit-based admission, candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks secured by them in class 12th.
- In entrance-based admission, registered candidates have to clear the entrance test organized by the relevant authority.
- Candidates have to visit the allotted exam center for appearing in the exam.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to complete the examination within the allotted time.
- Entrance tests can be organized either in online or offline mode depending on the organizing department.
- Candidates who will successfully qualify for the entrance test will be admitted to the particular course.
- Disqualified candidates will not be eligible for admission to B.Sc Biotechnology.
B.Sc Biotechnology Admissions 2022 Top Universities/ Colleges
|Name of the University/ College||Admission Procedure||Average Fees|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi||JMI Entrance Exam||INR 8,000/-|
|Fergusson College, Pune||Merit-Based||INR 11,025/-|
|Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur||Merit cum Aptitude Test||INR 1,17,500/-|
|St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad||Entrance- Based||INR 60,185/-|
|JSS Academy of Higher Studies and Research, Mysore||Merit-Based||INR 39,340/-|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the online registration date of DUET 2022?
A. In the month of March 2022.
Q: What is the educational qualification requires for B.Sc Biotechnology Admission 2022
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Ans. The candidate must have cleared class 12th from a recognized board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.