The admission process for B.Sc Biotechnology will start in the month of May or June 2023. Several colleges offer admission to this course on the basis of an entrance exam or on merit. Candidates need to score well in class 12th and in the entrance exam for admission. Basically, almost every college offers admission based on merit. However, there are some colleges and universities that organize entrance tests for the same.
B.Sc Biotechnology is a 3 year under graduation course that belongs to the field of applied biology. It basically is a technique of using living organisms in the field of engineering, technology, and medicine. It is a combined study of Computer Science, Technology, and Biology. The course includes the study of subjects such as Medical Biotechnology, Environmental Biotechnology, Animal Biotechnology, Plant Biotechnology, Genetic Engineering, Biophysics, Molecular Biology, Immunology, Microbiology, Genetics, and Biochemistry.
B.Sc Biotechnology Admissions 2023 Highlights
|Name of the course||B.Sc Biotechnology|
|Level of course||Undergraduate|
|Duration of course||3 years|
|Type of examination||Semester|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Entrance exams||DUET, CUET, JMIEE|
|Eligibility||12th with Physics, Chemistry, and biology as mandatory subjects with 50 % marks.|
|Average fees||INR 50,000- INR 2,00,000 p.a.|
B.Sc Biotechnology 2023 Entrance Exams Date
|Name of the entrance exam||Registration date||Entrance exam date|
|DUET 2023||March 2023||June 2023|
|CUET 2023||March 2023||May 2023|
|JMIEE 2023||February 2023||May 2023|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- Applicants must have completed 10+2 education with 50 % marks. 5 % of relaxation in case of reserved category.
- Admissions to B.Sc Biotechnology are merit/entrance exam-based.
- Candidates must have Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology as compulsory subjects.
- UDBEE, CBEEE, AIBEE, EE, AIIMS Biotechnology are popular admission entrance exams for this course.
Check: Delhi University Admission 2023
B.Sc Biotechnology Subjects
- Biophysics and Instrumentation
- Molecular Genetics
- Cell structure and Dynamics
- Principles of Immunology
- Principles of Microbiology
- Plant Biotechnology
- Introduction to C Programming & Digital Logic
- Animal Biotechnology
- Industrial Biotechnology
- Introduction to Data Structure and Computer Organization
- Medical Biotechnology
B.Sc Biotechnology Admission Process
The main admission procedure that is observed by the Indian Universities for admission to B.Sc Biotechnology is provided here:
- Before applying to B.Sc Biotechnology, make sure to check the eligibility norms set by the respective university.
- Candidates can apply to the institute offering B.Sc Biotechnology Admission.
- Applicants have to either appear for the entrance test or the admission will be merit-based.
- For both entrance and merit-based admission, candidates have to apply online on the respective university/ college website.
- You have to fill in the form by providing the required details.
- Upload the essential certificates required.
- Once you have uploaded the documents, pay the registration charges.
- The admit card will be issued to the candidates before the entrance exam.
- Shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for the Counseling Procedure.
Check: B.Sc Physics Admission 2023 Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Fee, Selection Process
Through merit-based admission, candidates will be selected on the basis of their marks secured by them in class 12th.
- In entrance-based admission, registered candidates have to clear the entrance test organized by the relevant authority.
- Candidates have to visit the allotted exam center for appearing in the exam.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to complete the examination within the allotted time.
- Entrance tests can be organized either in online or offline mode depending on the organizing department.
- Candidates who will successfully qualify for the entrance test will be admitted to the particular course.
- Disqualified candidates will not be eligible for admission to B.Sc Biotechnology.
B.Sc Biotechnology Admissions 2023 Top Universities/ Colleges
|Name of the University/ College||Admission Procedure||Average Fees|
|Jamia Millia Islamia, Delhi||JMI Entrance Exam||INR 8,000/-|
|Fergusson College, Pune||Merit-Based||INR 11,025/-|
|Banasthali Vidyapeeth, Jaipur||Merit cum Aptitude Test||INR 1,17,500/-|
|St. Xavier’s College, Ahmedabad||Entrance- Based||INR 60,185/-|
|JSS Academy of Higher Studies and Research, Mysore||Merit-Based||INR 39,340/-|
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: What is the online registration date of DUET 2023?
A. In the month of March 2023.
Q: What is the educational qualification requires for B.Sc Biotechnology Admission 2023
Ans. The candidate must have cleared class 12th from a recognized board with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology.
3 thoughts on “B.Sc Biotechnology 2023 Entrance Exam Date, Admission Form, Eligibility”
Admission are open for B.Sc. Biotechnology year 2022
Sir Bsc biotechnology admissions date
Bsc biotechnology admissions date