BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018 will be helpful for students to prepare for this exam. BITS MCA Entrance Exam is a University level exam conducted by the Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra for candidates to join the full-time Master of Computer Application programme in various campuses of BITS. Check the details about BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018 etc. Every year to screen the candidates who seek to have admission for full-time Masters programme in Computer Applications (MCA) The BIT Mesra conducts the MCA entrance test. Candidates can take the admission in the various campuses located at Noida, Lalpur, Jaipur after appearing in the entrance test. read the article below to get info about BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018.
BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018: Important Dates
|Date of online test
||1st week of June 2018
||3rd week of June 2018
BITS MCA Exam Pattern 2018
- Exam will be conducted through online mode.
- The duration of exam will be 2 hours.
- The question paper will be of Multiple Choice Type.
- Candidates will be awarded with four marks for each correct response.
- For each incorrect answer, one mark will be deducted from total score.
||No. of Questions
|Analytical Ability& Logical Reasoning
BIT MCA 2018 Syllabus
Section A: Mathematics
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, expansion, factorization, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, permutations and combinations, binomial theorem, surds.
- Matrix Algebra: Elementary transformations, solution of simultaneous linear equations, inverse of a matrix, rank, eigenvalues and eigenvectors, quadratic forms.
- Set Theory: Sets and subsets, properties of integers, relations and functions, operations on sets, sequences.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous functions, simple examples of maxima and minima, tangents and normals, differentiation of function(s), integration by parts, integration by substitution and integration by partial fraction, definite integral application to volumes and surfaces of frustums of a sphere, cone, cylinder, Taylor Series.
- Co-ordinate Geometry: equations of a line, mid-point, intersections etc., Rectangular Cartesian co-ordinates, equations of a circle, distance formulae, pair of straight lines, simple geometric transformations such as translation, rotation, scaling, parabola, ellipse and hyperbola,.
- Vectors: Position vector, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics, addition and subtraction of vectors.
- Differential Equations: Differential equations of first order and their solutions, linear differential equations with constant coefficients, homogenous linear differential equations.
- Probability and Statistics: Averages, dependent and independent events, Basic concepts of probability theory, frequency distributions, and measures of dispersions, random variable and distribution functions, skewness and kurtosis, mathematical expectations, binomial, Poisson, curve fitting, and principle of least squares, normal distributions, correlation and regression.
- Trigonometry: Properties of triangles, Simple identities, trigonometric equations, solution of triangles, height and distance, inverse function
- Linear Programming: Basic concepts of graphical and simplex methods, Formulation of simple linear programming problems, revised simplex method, transportation and assignment problems, duality and integer programming
Section B: Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
- Questions in this section will test logical reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and visio-spatial reasoning
Section C: Computer Awareness
- Data Representation: Binary and hexadecimal representations, Representation of characters, integers, and fractions, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, division, multiplication, 1’s and 2’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, normalized floating point representation, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams
- Computer Basics: Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, organization of a computer, input / output devices, computer memory, memory organization, back-up devices
- Computer Language: Multiprogramming and time-sharing operating systems, Assembly language and high-level language, Computer Programming in C.
- Computer Architecture: Block structure of computers, communication between processor and I / O devices, interrupts
- Operating Systems: Types of operating systems, functions of an operating system, Evolution of operating systems, modern operating systems
- Flow chart and Algorithms
Section D: English
- Use of articles and prepositions (fill in the blanks or correct use)
- Idioms and phrases
- Expansion of an idea
- Reading comprehension
- Sentence sequence (jumbled sentences)
- Choice of appropriate word to fill in the blanks (with options)
- Completion of a sentence (with choices)
- Abridging sentences / paragraphs.
BIT MCA 2018 Preparation Books
- MCA Master of Computer Application Entrance Exam by R. Gupta
- BIT Online MCA Entrance Test by Amit M Agarwal
- The Pearson Guide to MCA Entrance Examinations by Edgar Thorpe, Showick Thorpe
- MCA Test: Master of Computer Application Entrance Test (Paperback)- Publisher: Upkar Prakashan
- A Complete Package for MCA Entrances Guide by Amit M Agarwal
- A Complete Guide for M.C.A. Entrance Exam by R. S. Aggarwal