BRAOU is an open university in the state of Telangana. BRAOU stands for Dr B. R. Ambedkar Open University. The University offers various degree programs in multiple streams such as Arts, Science, Commerce, Education, and Management. It was set up in 1982 in order to promote distance learning and provide various UG & PG programs through distance learning mode.
Courses offered through BRAOU Admission 2020
- MA in History, Economics, Political Science, Public Administration, Sociology, English, Telugu, Hindi, Urdu
- PG Diploma in Human Rights (PGDHR), Women’s Studies (PGDWS), Business Finance (PGDBF), Marketing Management (PGDMM), Environmental Studies (PGDES), Cultural Heritage & Tourism (PGDCHT), Writing for Mass Media in Telugu (PGDWMMT)
- M.Sc. In Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Botany, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Physics, Zoology, Psychology
- Phil/PhD in Hindi, Telugu, English, Physics, History, Economics, Sociology, Commerce, Education, Chemistry, Mathematics, Political Science, Business Management, Environmental Science, Public Administration, Library & Inf. Science
- Other Courses: Ed, B. Ed (Special Education), BA, B. Com, B. Sc., B.Li.Sc, MBA (General), MBA (Healthcare), M.Com, M.Li.Sc
BRAOU Admission 2020: Important Dates
|Commencement of Application||2nd week of April 2020|
|Online Application Form Starts||2nd week of April 2020|
|Last date for online application form||2nd week of May 2020|
|Application Fee starts||2nd week of April 2020|
|Application fee last date||2nd week of May 2020|
|Admit Card||7 days before the exam|
|Date of Exam||1st week of June 2020|
|Result||Last week of June 2020|
|B. Ed||BA/B.Sc/B.Com B.Sc. Home Science/BCA/BBM/BBA with two years of teaching experience or as a Temporary teacher in any Primary/Middle/High School recognized by State/Central/Govt/Union Territory OR Engineering degree with 55% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ST)|
|B. Ed (Special Education)||BA/B.Com/B.Sc(Home Sci)/BCA/BBA degree|
|BA/ B. Com||Candidates must have passed 10+2 examinations from a recognized board|
|B. Sc.||Candidates must have passed intermediate in Science stream from a recognized board OR Candidates must possess at least one year of experience in the field of Science and Technology|
|B.Li.Sc||Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with work experience in Library Science OR Graduate with DLISc/CLISc OR 50% Marks in Graduation OR Degree in Engineering/ Law or Pharmacy|
|MA||Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field can apply.|
|MA in Telugu/ Hindi/ Urdu||Any Graduate with a relevant subject as a second language|
|PG Diploma||Bachelor’s degree in any discipline|
|MBA (General)||Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field can apply.|
|MBA (Healthcare)||Any Graduate degree other than Oriental Languages & Fine Arts from a recognized university with at least 50% marks in aggregate|
|M. Sc.||Bachelor’s degree with relevant subject|
|M.Com||Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in B. Com/BBA/BBM field from a recognized university|
|M.Li.Sc||B.Li.Sc degree with at least 40% marks (35% for SC/ST) in aggregate|
|M. Sc.||Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in education or a B. El. Ed degree from a recognized university can apply for this course|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D.||Master’s degree with 55% marks (50% for SC/ST/PH) in the relevant discipline|
Admission Process of BRAOU Admission 2020
|B. Ed||Students will be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the entrance test.|
|B. Ed (Special Education)||Entrance Test score|
|BA/ B. Com/ B. Sc./ B.Li.Sc||The student will be selected on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam.|
|MA||A student will be selected on the basis of the marks obtained in the qualifying exam.|
|PG Diploma||Merit in the last qualifying examination|
|MBA||Entrance test (ICET), Group Discussion and Personal Interview|
|M. Sc. / M.Com/ M.Li.Sc||Students will be selected on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam.|
|M. Sc.||Candidates will be selected on the basis of their performance in the entrance test.|
|M.Phil/ Ph.D.||Written Test followed by an interview. OR Candidates with a valid UGC/ CSIR/ JRF/ NET/ SLET/ M.Phil or GATE score are exempted from the university-based entrance test|
B.Ed & B. Ed (Special Education)
- The Entrance Test will consist of 100 MCQs for 100 marks.
- 25 marks for English Comprehension and 25 & 50 marks for Telugu Proficiency and Mental Ability respectively.
- The Test for Special Education will consist of 40 marks for English Comprehension and 60 marks for Mental Ability & Reasoning.
|Paper-II||Proficiency in Telugu||25||2 Hours|
|Paper-III||General Mental Ability||50|
For B.Ed (SE)
|Paper-II||General Mental Ability||60||2 Hours|
- Final admission is based on Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
- Candidates who will qualify in the entrance examination will be called for GD.
- Later the candidates will proceed to the personal interaction session.
M.Phil & PhD.
- Admission is offered on the basis of a valid score in the written test followed by an interview.
- Candidates have to secure at least 40% marks (35% for SC/ST/PH) in the interview round in order to qualify.
Documents required during Counselling
- Date of Birth Certificate / SSC Certificate.
- Intermediate / 10+2 Certificate.
- Degree/PG (the relevant subject of Pedagogy) Year wise Marks Memos/Consolidated Memo.
- Integrated Caste Certificate if applicable.
- Medical Board Certificate (for PH candidates issued by Competent Authority)
- Transfer Certificate of the Last Study.
- Migration Certificate for other than Dr BRAOU Students
- RCI Approved Diploma/Degree Pass Certificate.
- Study Certificates (IX to Degree) or Residence Certificate.