CDAC C-CAT 2024: CDAC C-CAT is shortened for The Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (Computerized Common Entrance Test) This test is led annually by the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing in order to shortlist the candidates into the reputed diploma admissions in mobile computing, computer science, electronics, etc. This exam is organized twice a year. If you are one of its aspirants who are eagerly waiting to apply for CDAC C-CAT Exam 2024 then make sure to give a read at the complete post below.
CDAC C-CAT 2024 Overview
|Name of Examination||CDAC C-CAT 2024|
|Full Form of Examination||Centre for Development of Advanced Computing Common Admission Test|
|Full Form for CDAC||Centre for Development of Advanced Computing|
|Type of Exam||Post Graduate Diploma Entrance Exam|
|Level of Exam||National level|
|Admission to Courses||PG Diploma courses|
|Admission to Colleges||C-DAC|
|Minimum Educational Qualification||Graduation|
|Mode of Exam||Computerized mode|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Number of Questions||50 questions per section|
|Total Marks||150 questions per section|
|Marking Scheme||+3 positive marking -1|
|Exam Duration||1 hour per section|
CDAC C-CAT 2024 Important Dates
|Release of online application form||December 2023|
|Deadline to register and pay the application form fees||January 2024|
|Availability of admit card online||January 2024|
|CDAC C-CAT Exam Date 2024||CCAT I– January 2024
CCAT II– January 2024
|Publishing of ranks||January 2024|
|1st Counseling Choice filling of preferred courses and centres||January 2024|
|Round 1 Seat allocation||February 2024|
|Deadline to pay the first installment course fee||February 2024|
|Result of Round 2 seat allocation||February 2024|
|Payment of caution deposit 1st Counseling||February 2024|
|Payment of caution deposit 2nd Counseling and Online Selection of Centres and Courses||February 2024|
|Round 3 result of seat allocation||February 2024|
|Last date to pay the remaining course fee||February 2024|
|Student’s registration at Training Centres||March 2024|
|Commencement of courses||March 2024|
CDAC C-CAT 2024 Eligibility Requirements
General Eligibility Criteria:
- Authorities have not prescribed any specific age limit to apply.
- Candidates who are in their final year of the qualifying degree can apply for the examination.
Course-Specific Eligibility Criteria:
Eligibility for Diploma in Advanced Computing:
- Applicant should have completed degree of Engineering in any discipline with 50% minimum marks.
- One needs to attain a Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, IT, Mathematics along with Statistics, Physics with minimum 50% marks.
- A Post Graduate Degree in Management with bachelors in IT or Computer Science/Applications, with minimum 50% marks is required to be eligible.
- A degree of MCA or MCM with a minimum of 50% marks is necessary for admission.
Eligibility for Diploma in Mobile Computing Course:
- He/ she should be a graduate in Engineering in Electronics, IT, Computer Science, Electrical, Telecommunications, Instrumentation with at least 50% marks.
- A candidate should have acquired a Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Electronics, IT, Statistics, Mathematics, with at least 50% marks.
- Candidate must have done successfully completed MCA with at least 50% marks.
Eligibility for Diploma in Big Data Analytics:
- A graduation degree in Engineering in Computer Science, IT, Telecommunications, Electronics, Electrical, and Instrumentation with minimum 55% marks.
- Individual who has done graduation in Computer Science, IT, Physics, Electronics, Mathematics, Statistics with 55% marks is eligible for exam.
- Candidates should have completed 4-year Graduation in Bioinformatics with 55% marks in total.
- They should have done a degree of MCA with at least 55% marks
Eligibility for Diploma in Artificial Intelligence:
- Those applicants who have done graduation in Engineering in Electronics, IT, Telecommunications, Computer Science, Electrical, and Instrumentation with a minimum of 60% marks can take part in this exam.
- Entrants who have successfully acquired a degree of post-graduation in Computer Science, Mathematics, IT, Electronics, Physics, Statistics with a minimum of 60% marks are eligible to participate.
- A MCA degree with minimum 60% marks is needed.
CDAC C-CAT 2024 Application Form
Make sure to go through the complete phases of application process given below:
Initially, you have to log on to the official website of Centre for Development of Advanced Studies which is www.cdac.in. After that move to the C-CAT examination section and look for the apply now link. Proceed to registering on the website using your name, Email ID, Password after which your email ID will be verified. After verification is completed, you will view a form where you have to give application form details. Attach or upload the documents required in the specified sizes and click on Next. The payments page will appear where you need to pay the application fee as per your choice of papers. Ensure to generate a hard copy of the application form and payment receipt in the last step.
|Course Category||C-CAT Paper(s)||C-CAT Fee|
The exam will be held in the online mode. To attempt per paper, candidates will get a duration of 1 hour. All the questions will be Objective Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) where per paper candidates have to answer 15o questions. 3 marks will be given to the entrant for every correct answer. Whereas, upon giving wrong answer, there will be a deduction of 1 mark.
|Section A||English, Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude||1 hour|
|Section B||C Programming, Computer Fundamentals, Data Communications & Networking, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Object-Oriented Programming Concepts||1 hour|
|Section C||Digital Electronics, Computer Architecture, Microprocessors||1 hour|
In order to know the exam result, you have to use the official website. There, give your login credentials. It is crucial to note that entrants who have obtained less than 10% performances in CDAC C-CAT Exam 2024 will not be shortlisted for ranking. Post the removal of the lowest 10% of the entrants, if individuals exist with zero or less than zero marks, they will be considered ineligible.