GATE Admit Card 2021: GATE is conducted by IISc & IITs on a rotation basis to provide admission in postgraduate engineering & Ph.D. program. Most probably Admit Card will be released in the month of January 2021. Admit Card includes the description of the candidate like name, DOB, date& timings of the examination, exam venue, etc. Applicants have to bring the printed GATE Admit Card along with one identity proof- Voter ID, PAN Card, Aadhaar UID, Passport, Valid College ID, Driving License or Employee identification card. The article below is giving all the important details about GATE Admit Card 2021 like Important Dates, Steps to download, and details in the Admit Card, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, and Important Instructions. Read the article carefully and follow the exam rules.
GATE Admit Card 2021: Important Dates
|Last Date to request for change in examination city
|Availability of Admit Card
|Jan – Feb 2021
|Declaration of result
|Second week of Apr 2021
GATE Admit Card 2021 Details
- Admit card can be downloadable from the GOAPS website.
- It will not be sent via email/post.
- The successfully registered candidates will be able to download the GATE 2021 admit card in the month of January 2021.
- Students also need to bring one identification proof with the printed copy of admit card, to the examination hall.
Steps to download GATE Admit Card 2021
- Visit the official portal to download the Gate Admit Card.
- Enter your Enrollment no, & Password
- Log in
- Click on Admit Card/Hall Ticket link on log in.
- Download it and take the print out of the admit card and keep it safely.
Details in the Admit Card
- Date of exam
- Time of Exam
- Registration No of Candidate
- Name of Candidate
- GATE paper appearing for
- Exam Centre Address in detail
- Photograph of candidates
- Signature of candidate
- Instructions for candidates
|3 hours (180 minutes)
|Number of Questions Asked
|Two types of questions asked:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
Numerical Answer Type (NAT) Questions
|Marking Scheme for 1-mark MCQs
|1/3 mark will be deducted for every incorrect attempt.
|Marking Scheme for 2-mark MCQs
|The candidate will be penalized 2/3 mark for the wrong attempt
|Marking Scheme for questions that aren’t attempted
|Zero marks will be awarded.
|Negative Marking Scheme
|There is no negative marking for numerical answer type (NAT) questions.
|The question paper of GATE 2018 will consist of three sections:
Engineering Mathematics (for XL papers it is Chemistry)
- It is known that GATE is held for 23 papers.
- Syllabus for each discipline is different.
- For effective preparation, it is important to know each and every topic from where the questions will be asked.
- It is hard to describe the complete syllabus of GATE in few lines.
- However, the students can download the official PDF of GATE 2021 syllabus for PE, PH, PI, CE, CH, CS, CY, EC, EE, EY, AE, AG, AR, BT, XE, GG, IN, MA, ME, MN, MT, TF, and XL.
- It is important to take admit card while going for the examination.
- Admit card will be necessary throughout the process.
- Candidates can check their Admit Card from Zonal GATE website.
- GATE Admit Card will not be sent through Post or email.
- You can appear the exam any number of times.
- Applicants can download their Admit Card by entering the candidate registration no. and DOB on to the official link.