HP SET 2023: Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission releases the notification for Himachal Pradesh State Eligibility Test. This test determines the eligibility for the recruitment to post of Assistant professors in Universities and Colleges within Himachal Pradesh. The application form will be available online on the official website, hppsc.hp.gov.in. there will be 22 subjects The examination will be carried out in different examination centers. Candidates who qualify the exam will have to attend document verification. Get here complete details about HP SET 2023.
HP SET 2023: Important Dates
|Release of notification and application form||2nd week of December 2022|
|Last date to apply online||4th week of December 2022|
|Release of admit card||to be announced|
|Exam Date||to be announced|
|Publication of answer keys||to be announced|
|Declaration of result||A few weeks after the exam|
HP State Eligibility Test
|Exam Name||HP SET (Himachal Pradesh Eligibility Test)|
|Organizing Authority||HPPSC (Himachal Pradesh Public Service Commission)|
|Application Status||Not Started Yet|
|Last Date to apply||To be notified|
|Exam Date||To be notified|
|Official Notification||Download Here|
|Official Website||Check Here|
|Online Application||Apply Online Here|
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
- Candidate should have a Master’s Degree or equivalent in Humanities (including languages) and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications from any UGC recognized institution.
- At least 55% of marks in the qualifying exam are required.
- For SC (of HP), ST (of HP), OBC NCL (of HP), or PWD (of HP) candidates should have at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- The appearing candidates, who are still studying in the qualifying exam are also eligible to apply.
- Such candidates should complete a PG degree within 2 years of the SET result.
- The candidate will be eligible for 5% marks relaxation in the qualifying exam if he/she had completed Masters level exam by 19 Sep 1991 and holds a Ph.D. degree.
- Such candidates who have a PG Degree / Diploma certificate awarded by Indian University / Institute or foreign Degree/ diploma/certificate awarded by the Foreign University/ Institute must check the equivalence of diploma/degree/certificate with Master’s Degree of recognized Indian universities from Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
Selecting Subjects for HP SET
- Candidates should opt for the subject, the same as the subject of their post-graduation.
- If the subject of their master’s degree is not on the list, then they can either appear in UGC NET or CSIR NET.
Exemptions from HP SET
- For Assistant Professor recruitment in universities, colleges institutions, the NET / SET is the minimum eligibility criteria.
- Candidates having a Ph.D. degree as per UGC regulations 2009 are exempted from NET / SELT / SET for recruitment and appointment of Assistant Professor(s) or equivalent positions in Universities/ Colleges/ Institutions.
- The qualified candidates of State Eligibility Test by UGC for Assistant Professor, are also exempt from SET anywhere in India.
- Candidates who cleared SET are eligible to apply for Assistant Professor post in institutions, colleges, universities in those states where they cleared SET.
HP SET 2023 Application Form
The eligible candidates who are eligible can fill and submit the application form of HP SET 2023 online at hppsc.hp.gov.in. Those who have registration at HPPSC OTRS (One Time Registration System) need not register again; they can directly fill the form by logging in. Others have to first create a registration account and then apply. One must keep the User ID and password safely. They should also keep a copy of filled in the application form.
|OBC NCL of HP||Rs.350|
|SC / ST of HP||Rs.175|
|PWD of HP|
|BPL of HP|
- Candidates can pay the fee for HP SET 2020 via debit card, credit card, net banking.
- The exam of HP SET 2023 consists of two papers i.e. Paper I and Paper-II.
- The Mode of exam will be Offline (mark answers in OMR sheet)
- Only Objective type questions will be in the exam.
- The time duration for Paper I is 1 hour while the duration for paper II is 2 hours.
- There will be no negative marking
|Paper||No. of Questions||Marks|
List of Subjects
|Commerce||Life Sciences||Mathematical Sciences|
|Sociology||English/ Hindi||Computer Science and Applications|
|Economics||Chemical Sciences||Mass Communication and Journalism|
|Education||Physical Sciences||Tourism Administration and Management|
The exam will be held at various cities in Himachal Pradesh such as Shimla, Solan, Mandi, Dharamshala, Bilaspur, Hamirpur, Nahan, Una, Kullu, and Chamba.
Minimum qualifying marks for HP SET 2023
- Candidates must obtain minimum qualifying marks in order to be considered further.
- The minimum qualifying marks for General Category candidates will be 40%
- For the reserved category candidates, the minimum qualifying marks would be 35%