IGNOU Master Degree Admission 2018-19: MCA, MSW, MA & MCom
Several master’s degree programs are in IGNOU for candidates to take admission in. The Indira Gandhi National Open University was established by an Act of Parliament in 1985. The university offers need-based academic programmes by giving professional and vocational orientation to the courses. The university provides admission in various courses such as, Master’s, Bachelors, Post Graduate Diploma, Diploma and Certificate Programmes. Read the article below to know more about Master’s Degree courses and their eligibility.
School of Studies in IGNOU
- School of Humanities (SOH)
- School of Sciences (SOS)
- School of Education (SOE)
- School of Social Sciences (SOSS)
- School of Agriculture (SOA)
- School of Law (SOL)
- School of Continuing Education (SOCE)
- School of Engineering & Technology (SOET)
- School of Management Studies (SOMS)
- School of Health Sciences (SOHS)
- School of Foreign Languages (SOFL)
- School of Translation Studies and Training (SOTST)
- School of Tourism and Hospitality Service Management (SOTHSM)
- School of Interdisciplinary and Trans-disciplinary Studies (SOITS)
- School of Social Work (SOSW)
- School of Vocational Education and Training (SOVET)
- School of Extension and Development Studies (SOEDS)
- School of Computer & Information Sciences (SOCIS)
- School of Journalism & New Media Studies (SOJNMS)
- School of Gender and Development Studies (SOGDS)
- School of Performing & Visual Arts (SOPVA)
IGNOU Master Degree Admission: Examination Form Submission
|For June TEE||Late Fee||For December TEE||Late Fee|
|1st March to 31st March||NIL||1st Sept. to 30th Sept.||NIL|
|1st April to 30th April||Rs. 500/-||1st Oct to 31st Oct||Rs. 500/-|
|1st May to 15th May||Rs.1000/-||1st Nov to 15th Nov||Rs. 1000/-|
IGNOU Master Degree Admission: Programmes
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Master of Social Work (MSW)
- Master of Social Work (Counselling) (MSWC)
- Master of Science in Counselling and Family Therapy (MSCCFT)
- Master of Tourism and Travel Management (MTTM)
- Master of Library and Information Science (MLIS)
- Masters in Anthropology (MAAN)
- Master of Science in Dietetics and Food Service Management (MSCDFSM)
- Master of Commerce (MCOM)
- Sc. Mathematics with Applications in Computer Science (MSCMACS)
IGNOU Master Degree Admission: Master of Arts in
- Rural Development (MARD)
- English (MEG)
- Hindi (MHD)
- Philosophy (MAPY)
- Education (MAEDU)
- Political Science (MPS)
- Public Administration (MPA)
- Sociology (MSO)
- Economics (MEC)
- History (MAH)
- Gandhi and Peace Studies (MGPS)
- Psychology (MAPC)
- Extension and Development Studies (MAEDS)
- Adult Education (MAAE) (offered only in July Session)
- Gender and Development Studies (MAGD)
- Distance Education (MADE)
- Translation Studies (MATS)
- Women’s and Gender Studies (MAWGS)
Eligibility Criteria for Master’s Courses
- A Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 (three) year duration from a recognized University required (degree in some relevant subject for some courses required).
- Duration of the course will be Minimum 2 years and Maximum 6 years (can be different for some course).
IGNOU Master Degree Admission Process
- The Admission Forms can be submitted online through Online Admission System at http://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in.
- Students are required to create their user ID and password for logging in the system and upload the required documents along with the submission of the Admission Form.
- The programme fee can be paid online using payment Gateway.
- There is no need to send the printed copy of the Admission Form to the Regional Centre.
- A message is sent on the mobile number and email ID registered with the System once admission confirmed.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the University’s website www.ignou.ac.in.
- University issues Examination Hall Ticket to the students at least two weeks before the commencement of Term-end Examination.
- The student can download the hall ticket from the website in case any student fails to receive the Examination Hall Ticket.
IGNOU has a multi-tier system of evaluation.
- Self-assessment exercises within each unit of study.
- Continuous evaluation mainly through assignments.
- The term-end examinations.
- Project work
|Letter Grade||Qualitative Level||Point Grade|
Pre-requisites for filling up the application form online:
- Scanned copy of Age Proof
- Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB in size)
- Scanned Signature (less than 100 KB in size)
- Scanned copy of relevant Educational Qualification (less than 400 KB in size)
- Scanned Copy of Category Certificate, if SC/ST/OBC (less than 400 KB in size)
- Scanned Copy of Experience Certificate (if any) (less than 400 KB in size)
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate, if Below Poverty Line(less than 400 KB in size)