Indian Agricultural Research Institute [IARI] – Admissions 2023
Indian Agricultural Research Institute (IARI), New Delhi is a Deemed University for agricultural research and education. IARI Admission 2023 to MSc, M.Tech & Ph.D. degree in 26 different disciplines (given below) to the aspirants is given by the university. For Postgraduate and Ph.D. course, the university conducts separate entrance examinations. All the important information about IARI Admission 2023 such as Important Dates, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Pattern, Syllabus, Admit Card and Result, etc are given in the article below.
IARI Admissions 2023 Important Updates
IARI Registration will be started in the 2nd week of April 2023. Click Here to register for the Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- The university has 20 divisions in total.
- 5 multi-disciplinary centers in Delhi.
- 8 regional stations.
Shiv Nadar University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Manipal University Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
IIAD Admission Open 2023>>Apply Now!!
Lovely Professional University Admission 2022>>Apply Now!!
NIIT University Admission Open 2022>>Apply Now!!
Courses provided through IARI Admission 2023
MSc./M.Tech/ M.Phil/Ph.D in Agricultural Chemical, Agricultural Economics, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Extension, Agricultural Physics, Agricultural Statistics, Agronomy, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics, Computer application, Entomology, Environmental Science, Genetics, Horticulture, Microbiology, Nematology, Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Plant Pathology, Plant Physiology, Plant Genetic Resources, Post-Harvest Technology, Seed Science and Technology, Soil Science and Agricultural Chemistry, Water Science and Technology
IARI Admission 2023 Important Dates
For ME/M.Tech & M.Sc
|Starting of Registration||April 2023|
|Entrance Examination on||May 2023|
|The announcement of Results||June 2023|
|Counselling Session starts from||July 2023|
M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture
|Last Date for documents submission for Online Application||April 2023|
|Availability of Admit Card||May 2023|
|Entrance Examination on||June 2023|
|Availability of Interview Letter||June 2023|
|Declaration of Result||July 2023|
|Final Selection Letter available for download||July 2023|
Indian Agricultural Research Institute Admission 2023
Candidates can fill the application form online on the official website. The application form will be required to fill with all the mandatory documents. Candidates are advised to submit the application form before the last date of submission.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc/BE/B.Tech) in the respective discipline.
M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture
- Candidate should be at least 21 years old as on the last date of the application.
- Bachelor’s Degree under 10+2+4 or 10+2+3 or 10+1+4 system or B.Sc degree under 10+2+2 system.
- M.Sc./ M.Sc. (Ag.)/ M.Tech/ ME degree with at least 60% marks is required.
- The percentage criteria will be 55% marks for SC/ ST/ PC candidates.
|Other backward classes||18%|
- By Post: Send a crossed DD of INR 575 along with the written request for the application form and information bulletin clearly mentioning the correspondence address of the candidate.
- Online mode: If the application form is downloaded online, a DD of INR 500 for the general category and INR 250 for the reserved category is drawn in favor of the Registrar, Post Graduate School, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi.
- In-person: Make a payment of INR 500 from Syndicate Bank at Pusa Campus (INR 250 for reserved category).
- The institute publishes the admission notification online on its website and in the newspapers as well.
- For M.Sc & M.Tech course: The admission involves commencement of written entrance test, evaluation of answer sheet, briefing of the score, and circulation of merit list.
- For Ph.D. degree course: The admission process is divided into three stages viz. written test, evaluation of academic score, & interview test.
- The cumulative score of all three stages will be considered final.
- The test paper has 150 multiple-choice questions and 10 cross-matching-type questions.
- The candidate will be awarded 4 marks for every correct objective question.
- The candidate will be awarded 5 marks for every correct cross-matching type question.
- 1 mark will be deducted from the total score for each wrongly answered objective question.
- 0.2 marks will be deducted for every wrongly answered cross-matching question.
For M.Phil/Ph.D in Agriculture
- The entrance test will comprise of three papers.
- Paper I will cater to questions from General Agriculture, while Paper II & III will have subject-specific questions.
- In order to qualify the Entrance Examination, students need at least 50% marks (45% for SC/ ST/ PC students).
- The ones who qualify the Entrance Examination are called for an Interview.