Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2022: Some research-based programs such as M.Phil. and Ph.D. Programs offered by Jadavpur University, West Bengal. The notification about Jadavpur University M.Phil. and Ph.D Admissions 2022 will be released by the university soon. The University offers 15 M.Phil. courses in different subjects through several departments and 11 Ph.D. Courses. The application forms of Jadavpur University M.Phil. and Ph.D. Admissions 2022 will be available online in the month of May and admissions to the programs are done by the month of July. The University even offers several postgraduate and professional courses. The admission to the above-mentioned courses is done through Admission Test, including the Interview for many programs. The article holds all the important information about Jadavpur University M.Phil and PhD Admissions in 2022. Read the article carefully.
9th April 2022: Jadavpur University has released the applications for admission to Ph.D in Science, Interested candidates can deposit the application fees till 24th April 2022.
Ph.D in Science
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2022 Disciplines
||Library and Information Sciences
||Oceanography and Coastal Management
||Library & Information Science
Jadavpur University PhD Admission 2022: Important Dates
|Issue of Application Form
||1st week of February 2022
|Last for online payment
||1st week of March 2022
|Last date for application submission
||2nd week of March 2022
||4th week of July 2022
|Commencement of Classes
||1st week of August 2022
||PD / OBC – A / OBC – B
||40% marks in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
||40% in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
|Sociology, International Relations
||50% marks in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
||45% in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
||55% marks in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
||50% in Master’s Degree in relevant discipline
- A Master’s degree in any discipline from any University or other Institution recognized by this University; or
- A Post-Graduate Diploma/Degree of fewer than two years’ duration from any University or Institution recognized by this University provided that you have completed at least a total of five years of graduate and postgraduate study in a recognized university or institution; or
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering /Technology /Pharmacy /MCA of this university or from any other university or Institutions recognized as equivalent thereto by the university; or
- There is also a provision for the continuation of a Ph.D. after completing M.Phil. from this university.
- Phil. students of Jadavpur University who have successfully defended their viva-voce examinations and have valid Continuing UGC Fellowship may also apply.
- They may be considered under Continuing Fellowship Holder category provided they have not registered themselves in any other university/Institute after completing their M.Phil. degrees at Jadavpur University.
M.Phil Application Form
The application process for M.Phil. is completely online. The form can be accessed on the University website. Candidates will have to log in and enter their personal and educational information only once, regardless of how many departments they apply for. Click Submit button to save your data. You will then get a unique number. You can use this No. to login to this system in the future. Select the department you wish to apply for. If you are eligible, click the Apply button. You will be generated a different Application number for each department that you apply for. You must note down that Application number. Make the payment of the Application Fee. Pay the fee and upload the SB Collect Reference No (starting with DU) in this website, and click on submit.
Check here — Ph.D. Admission 2022
Ph.D Application Form
To get the fastest admission and jobs update, join us on Telegram Channel
Candidates can apply in the prescribed form available on the website. The duly filled-in Application form must be submitted with all the required enclosures.
Documents should be attached with the application form:
- Two recent passport-size photographs.
- Attested copies of all mark sheets and certificates.
- Madhyamik admit card/certificate for verification of age.
- NET/SET certificate, if any.
- SC/ST/PD/OBC-A/OBC-B certificate, where applicable.
- A candidate who has a two-year M.Phil. Degree from any university other than Jadavpur University will be required to submit a certificate from the competent authority.
Ph.D Admission 2022 Important Links
|Application Fee Payment
- The application fee for M.Phil. program is Rs. 500 which can be paid through online mode.
- Candidates should pay the Application fee of Ph.D. program Rs. 500 through a Demand Draft.
- The DD would be drawn in favor of The Registrar, Jadavpur University, payable at Kolkata.
|M.Phil. Sociology and Philosophy
||Marks obtained in the Admission Test (50% weightage) + Aggregate marks in Master’s program (50% weightage)
|M.Phil. Economics, English, History, Sanskrit, Bengali, Comparative Literature, International Relations, and Education
||Marks obtained in the Admission Test
|M.Phil. Cognitive Science, Linguistics, Oceanography and Coastal Management, and Women’s Studies
||Marks obtained in the Admission Test + interview
|Ph.D. (all courses)
||Written Test + Interview
Distribution of seats to the M.Phil. Program
||Number of Seats