JEE Main will be conducted by NTA twice a year. The syllabus for the exam is given in the article below. The JEE Main 2020 exam will be organized at the national level by NTA for admission in engineering programmes in IITs, IIITs and NITs. Prior to preparing for exams, students should gather all the details related to JEE Main Syllabus 2020 for better preparations. JEE Main Syllabus 2020 for Paper- 1 consists of three subjects they are-Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM). Check all the details regarding the complete JEE Main Syllabus 2020.
JEE Main Syllabus 2020
JEE Main syllabus comprises of syllabus of Physics, Chemistry and mathematics. In order to score well in the examination, candidates have to perform well in all the above three subjects. NCERT books prove to be of having the good study material for the preparation of JEE Main 2017. Here we are mentioning the syllabus subject wise:
For Paper 1
|Organic Compounds Containing Oxygen
|p and s – Block Element
|Organic Compounds Containing Halogens
|Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen
|Chemical Bonding & Molecular Structure
|Principles Related to Practical Chemistry
|Chemistry in Everyday Life
|Some Basic Principles of Organic Chemistry
|d – and f – Block Elements
|General Principles & Process of Isolation of Metals
|States of Matter
|Some Basic concepts in Chemistry
|Classification of Elements & Periodicity in Properties
|Redox Reactions & Electrochemistry
|Purification & Characterisation of Organic Compounds
|Sequences and series
|Statistics and Probability
|Sets, Relations and Functions
|Permutations and combinations
|Matrices and determinants
|Complex numbers and quadratic equations
|Kinetic theory of gases
|Oscillations and waves
|Physics and measurement
|Properties of solids and liquids
|Laws of motion
|Work, Energy and power
|Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
For Paper 2
|Awareness of persons
|Harmony and contrast
|Building forms and elements
|Transformation of forms both 2 D and 3 D union
|Mental Ability (Visual Numerical and Verbal) etc.
|Understanding and appreciation of scale and proportion of objects
|Visualising three-dimensional objects from two-dimensional drawings
|Creating two dimensional and three dimensional compositions using given shapes and forms
- Geometrical Drawing: Study of plan (aerial view), elevation (side or front views) of simple solid objects like cones, prisms, splayed surface holders, cylinders, cubes, etc. Activities in geometrical drawing containing lines, triangles, angles, quadrilaterals, circles, polygons, etc.
- Three-dimensional Perception: Perception and appreciation of 3D forms with building elements, and orientation volume and colour, Visualization through constituting objects in memory.
- Freehand Drawing: Simple drawing showing the entire object in its right proportion and form, Ordinary domestic or everyday life utilizable objects like equipment, furniture, relative location, surface texture, and details of its components in suitable scale etc.
- Imagination and Aesthetic Sensitivity: Composition activity with given elements, Logic of colour grouping, Context mapping, Creativity test through uncommon innovative check with recognizable objects
- Architectural Awareness: General awareness and interest of famous architectural creations – within the country and outside, celebrities (architects, designers etc.) and places.