TIFR JGEEBILS 2023: JGEEBILS – Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Science is one of the most popular entrance examinations. This entrance examination is conducted by NCBS/ TIFR to provide admission in the best colleges for doing research in Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Sciences. Each year this entrance examination is conducted at several Examination Centres. TIFR JGEEBILS 2023 is a national level entrance examination which gets conducted especially for Biology. If you are one of those who want to give this entrance examination and looking for the complete details regarding it then this is the best place for you.
- M.Sc Biology
- M.Sc in Wildlife Biology and Conservation (only at NCBS)
- Integrated Ph.D. (NCBS and DBS)
- Ph.D. (NCBS and DBS)
- M.Sc by Research (only at DBS) – IISER Pune, Kolkata
TIFR JGEEBILS 2023: Important Dates
|The application form will be available from||1st week of October 2022|
|Last Date for getting the application form online||2nd week of November 2022|
|The online payment link will be active until||2nd week of November 2022|
|DDs sent by post/courier will be accepted till||2nd week of November 2022|
|Hall Ticket download link will be active from||3rd week of November 2022|
|Examination’s Date||1st week of December 2022|
|The result will be declared on||2nd week of January 2023|
- Biology: For the interview, the authority shortlist the candidates based on written test marks, CV and Scientific Write-up.
- For Ph.D.: Candidates should have a Masters in Basic Science (M.Sc. Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) or any professional Master’s Degree (M.Pharma./M.Tech.), or a 4-year degree program (e.g. MBBS, BDS).
- For I-Ph.D./M.Sc.: Bachelors in any Basic Science (Physics/Chemistry/Any branch of Biology) OR any 4-year degree program that awards a “Bachelor’s degree” including B.Tech., B.E., B.V.Sc., B.Pharma. (4-year course).
TIFR JGEEBILS 2023 Application Form
Candidates can apply for it via online mode (after the release of official notification for JGEEBILS 2023) and for that, they have to visit the official site which is https://www.ncbs.res.in/admissions.html Once you reach home page then click on “Applying for Biology” and fill all the important details regarding it. The given schedule is tentative, final dates of JGEEBILS 2023 will be updated on this page after releasing of official notification. for more information about JGEEBILS (Joint Graduate Entrance Exam for Biology and Interdisciplinary Life Science), you may visit www.ncbs.res.in/JGEEBILS
Things required to fill Application Form
- A scanned image/electronic copy of your Passport size photograph
- The photo should be in jpg file below 100kb in size.
- Personal or edited photos uploaded will be rejected.
- Demand Draft details or Credit / Debit Card details for online payment of application fee.
TIFR JGEEBILS 2023 Application Fee
- The application fee for Male Applicants will be Rs.900/-.
- For Female Applicants, the application fee will be Rs.300/-.
- The Application Fee can be paid online by Net banking/Debit/Credit Card or through DD.
- Candidates can pay the fee through Demand Draft.
- The demand draft should be drawn on State Bank of India in favor of National Centre for Biological Science payable at Bangalore
- Candidates will be selected on the basis of candidate’s performance in written examination and personal interview.
- There will be a separate examination will also be conducted to examine the knowledge of candidates in M.Sc. Wildlife Biology and Conservation covering.
- The interviews for Ph.D./Int. Ph.D. will be conducted separately in Bangalore and Mumbai.
- The interview will be conducted two stages and it would take total of three days and these are scheduled to be held in May or June 2023.
The written examination will be held in the following cities – Kanpur, Kolkata, Madurai, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cochin, Delhi, Guwahati, Haldwani, Hyderabad, Indore, Jammu, Jaipur, Mangalore, Mumbai, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Srinagar, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhubaneshwar, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam
|ACTREC||Advanced Centre for Treatment, Research & Education in Cancer, Mumbai||www.actrec.gov.in|
|IISER||Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Bhopal||www.iiserb.ac.in|
|CCMB||Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad||www.ccmb.res.in|
|CDFD||Centre for DNA Fingerprinting and Diagnostics, Hyderabad||www.cdfd.org.in|
|IISER||Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Mohali||www.iisermohali.ac.in|
|NBRC||National Brain Research Centre, Manesar||www.nbrc.ac.in|
|NCBS||National Centre for Biological Sciences, Bengaluru||www.ncbs.res.in|
|IISER||Indian Institute of Sci. Edu & Research, Thiruvananthapuram||www.iisertvm.ac.in|
|NCCS||National Centre for Cell Science, Pune||www.nccs.res.in|
|DBS-TIFR||Dept. of Biological Sci. TIFR, Mumbai||www.tifr.res.in/~dbs|
|NII||National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi||www1.nii.res.in|
|INStem||Institute for Stem Cell Biology & Regenerative Med. Bengaluru||www.instem.res.in|
|NISER||National Institute of Sci. Education & Research, Bhubaneswar||www.niser.ac.in|
|IISER||Indian Institute of Sci. Education & Research, Kolkata||www.iiserkol.ac.in|
|RCB||Regional Centre for Biotechnology, Faridabad||www.rcb.res.in|
|INP||Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics, Kolkata||www.saha.ac.in|
|IISER||Indian Institute of Science Education & Research, Pune||www.iiserpune.ac.in|