M.Phil Admission 2022: The Master of Philosophy (M.Phil) is a 2-year postgraduate research degree. The M.Phil. course (in any field) is an elevated-level study that provides a deeper understanding of the subject. The course’s major goal is to research a variety of specialties, including Social Work, Economics, Political Science, and Commerce, among others. A master’s degree in a related field is required of the student. It is intended to provide doctoral-level inquiry and grasp of the subjects to understudies who would subsequently pursue a Ph.D. in a certain field.
An M.Phil is a stage on the way to a Ph.D. that combines coursework and a dissertation. Filters are needed to guarantee that the correct candidate is accepted into a Ph.D. Program. But according to the New Education Policy of 2020, there was no mandatory need for M.phil for Ph.D. but that new policy is yet to be implemented so for now M.phil is mandatory for a Ph.D.
Eligibility for M.phil Admission 2022
- The candidate must have a Masters’ Degree in the relevant field from a recognized or affiliated university or college.
- Candidate must have achieved 50% – 55% in the subject in postgraduate degree in which the candidate is wishing for M.Phil depending upon various colleges and universities. There is some relaxation also for ST, SC, EWS, and OBC categories in some colleges and Universities.
- There is no Age limit prescribed for admission in M.phil.
M.Phil Admission Procedure
There is a various procedure followed by various universities, some conduct a various level of entrance examination and some give admission on the behalf of merit. What is similar between the Universities or Colleges is that first, you have to make yourself register on the link provided by the official notification or on the official website of the college or university, and after the registration, you have to upload your required documents on that link and have to pay the fee; the fee can be entrance examination fee or the annual fee for the course.
- Candidates must register themselves within the prescribed period given by the college or University. Any late registration will lead to the rejection of the admission application of the course.
- The candidate must provide the bonafide documents while registering. Any misleading information will lead to the rejection of the application for M.phil admission.
- The candidate must keep the original documents with them at the time of verification of the documents after the entrance examination if any.
- For the entrance examination, there will be 2 rounds consisting of a written examination and a personal interview for admission in M.phil. The written examination generally includes objective and descriptive papers that will determine their legitimate knowledge about the subject. Candidates who cleared the written test will be shortlisted for a Personal Interview. The syllabus and pattern of the entrance examination may vary depending on different colleges or universities.
M.Phil Admission 2022 Important Dates
|College/University||Application opening date||Application closing date||Examination date||Result declaration date|
|IGNOU||February 2022 (Tentative)||March 2022 (Tentative)||April 2022 (Tentative)||May 2022 (Tentative)|
|DU||July 2022||August 2022||September 2022||October 2022|
|Panjab University||July 2022||August 2022||September 2022||October 2022|
|JNU, Delhi||July 2022||August 2022||September 2022||October 2022|
Classification of M.Phil
Some of the colleges and universities have some or all kinds of M.phil in their respective institution depending upon the subject in which you want to take admission in 2022.
- Full-Time (FT): This category includes candidates who are pursuing their M.Phil full-time.
- Part-Time (PT): Candidates who want to pursue their M.Phil in a low-maintenance program, in other words, it is for the candidate who wants to pursue M.phil while working, fall into this category. They must participate in at least 30 days each year.
- Full-Time Position (FT) Interdisciplinary: Candidates who need to pursue an M.Phil. in a different field instead of pursuing a Master’s degree on a full-time basis.
- Part-Time Interdisciplinary (PT): Candidates who need to complete their M.Phil in a different order than their Master’s degree on a low-maintenance basis.
Career Prospects after M.phil
Postgraduates will be transformed into Research Scholars as part of the Master of Philosophy degree. It is a combined hypothesis and practical training for conducting research and preparing examination propositions. After pursuing an M.Phil., interested candidates can pursue further tests like a Ph.D. in reasoning. After completing their research, they can begin working as associate instructors in schools after passing the necessary state/national dimension examination, such as the UGC NET.
The M.Phil program develops a person’s capacity to fact-check and reads extensively, making them qualified for jobs that need a lengthy process of proofreading and cross-checking. The M.Phil job market is also expanded, with a greater sense of validity in terms of research possibilities. Teacher, Research Assistant, Assistant Professor, Editor, Consultant, and other M.Phil career options, for example.
M.Phil Average Fee Structure
|College/University||Annual Average Fee|
|Delhi University||Rs. 5,500/-|
|Christ University, Banglore||Rs. 70,000/-|
|Aligarh Mulsim University, Aligarh||Rs. 9,300/-|
|Gujarat University, Ahmedabad||Rs. 9000/-|
|Apex University, Jaipur||Rs. 70,000/-|
|Chandigarh University, Chandigarh||Rs. 70,000/-|
|Jawaharlal Nehru University, Delhi||Rs. 1,400/-|
|Panjab University, Punjab||–|
|Annamalai University, Tamil Nadu||Rs. 22,000/-|