M.Sc Nursing Admission 2022: A master’s degree in nursing (M.Sc Nursing) is a two-year post-graduate program that provides the theoretical and practical expertise needed to become a licensed professional nurse. The application procedure for several MSc Nursing institutions has begun, and some have even begun counseling. Students interested in pursuing M.Sc Nursing programs at top universities should be informed of all pertinent information, including application and test dates, admission procedures, and other pertinent information.
Tata Memorial Center (TMC) Mumbai announces Entrance Test for Admission to M.Sc Nursing Program 2022 Check Here for Details.
Eligibility for M.Sc Nursing Admission
- The candidate must have a b.sc nursing degree from a recognized and affiliated college and if the degree is attained from any educational institute the institution must be recognized by Indian Nursing Council.
- The candidate must be registered as either an RM (Registered Midwife) or an RN (Registered Nurse) with any State Nursing Council.
- Candidate must have aggregate 55% marks in B.sc nursing/B.pharma/MBBS//BDS/B.VC /Bachelor of Physiotherapy. This percentage will vary in different colleges or universities accordingly.
- Candidate must be a one-year practice experience after b.sc
- The candidate must have a certification that he/she is medically fit.
M.Sc Nursing Admission 2022 Important Dates
|College/University||Application closing date||Examination Date||Application Form|
|AIIMS||May 2022||June 2022||July 2022|
|TMC Mumbai||20 May 2022||–||Check Here|
|IPU||August 2022||To be Notified||To be Notified|
|PGI||April 2022||July 2022||July 2022|
|Armed Forces Medical College||March 2022||July 2022||August 2022|
|KIIT University||August 2022||August 2022||To be Notified|
|GITAM University||Week of August||To be Notified||To be Notified|
M.Sc Nursing Admission Procedure
Various universities conduct their separate entrance examinations for the admission of M.sc. Nursing. But all over the process of admission in various universities and colleges are somewhat the same. The process of admission in M.sc. Nursing 2022 is:
Filling of the Application Form
The first step of the application process is to fill the application form of the university or college you want to get admission to. The application form is available on the official websites of the universities and colleges which has to be filled within the given period. The application form must be filled with due caution and bonafide intentions anything mentioned wrong in the application form can lead to rejection of the admission of the candidate.
The second step of the process is the entrance examination. The candidate has to give an entrance examination conducted by the respective university or college to which you have applied. The date of the Entrance Examination is notified by the university or college on their official website or may be notified to each candidate through emails depending upon the university. Admit cards for the entrance examination are issued by the respective universities or colleges one week before the date of examination which contains the time, center, and other material information about the examination.
Entrance Examination Result
The Result of the Entrance Examination is what holds the most importance in the admission process of M.sc. Nursing. The result you get in the examination will decide that you can get admission to the respective college or university or not.
After the declaration of results the colleges or universities issue, a marks cut-off list which contains the bracket of marks that is eligible for admission in that particular college or university. Generally, there are 2-3 mark cut-off lists issued by the colleges and universities. And due to the reservation of ST, SC, and OBC in various universities, the cutoff list of Un-reserved categories is different from other categories.
Verification of Documents
At the counseling rounds, the original documents of the candidate are verified by the college or university. After the verification eligible and bonafide candidates get their seat allotment in the respective college or university.
A brief overview of the M.sc. The 2-year post-graduation course syllabus is given below:
- Clinical Nursing: various types of nursing care to be studied under this like pediatric nursing, psychiatric nursing, neurosciences nursing, etc.
- Research and Statistics
- Nursing Education: under this subject, the various topics are included like Teaching-Learning Process, Meaning of Education, Instructional Media, Development and Trend in Nursing Education, Development of Standards and Accreditation in Nursing Education Programs, Continuing Education in Nursing, Overview of Nursing Educational Programs in India
- Advanced Nursing and Allied Subjects: this subject includes subjects like Nursing as a Profession, Economic and Political aspects of Health care delivery, Genetics, Epidemiology, Bio-Psycho pathology, Philosophy and Theories of Nursing, and many more.
- Clinical Nursing II
- Nursing Management: nursing management will teach the subjects about unctions and Roles of Nurse Manager in Directing, Functions, and Roles of Nurse Manager in Controlling, Material Management, Functions and Roles of Nurse Manager in Financial Management, Management Information System, Legal and Ethical Issues in Nursing Management and many more.
Top Universities Offering M.Sc Nursing In India with Fee Structure
|College/University||Average Fee Structure (for 2 years)|
|Sharda University||Rs. 3,66,000/-|
|AMITY UNIVERSITY||Rs. 1,36,000/-|
|ANNAMALAI UNIVERSITY, Cuddalore, Tamil Nadu||Rs. 1,42,940/-|
|Armed forces Medical College, Pune, Maharashtra||Rs. 2,60,000/-|
|CMJ University, Meghalaya||Rs. 36,000/-|
|Aryabhatta Knowledge University, Patna, Bihar||Rs. 2,80,000/-|
|KIIT University, Bhuvneshwar||Rs. 4,58,000/-|
|GITAM University, Vishakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh||Rs. 1,42,900/-|
|PGI, Chandigarh||Rs. 26,100/-|