NEET 2019 Application Form, Exam Dates, Eligibility, Pattern [NEET UG]
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is a national level medical entrance Examination conducted by CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) for the screening of the candidates for getting admitted in BDS and MBBS in India. According to the number scored by the candidates of NEET, they will be able to choose the medical colleges. Read the article below to get complete information about NEET 2019, like eligibility criteria, application form, admit card, result etc.
|Manipal University: Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|Amrita University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
|SRM University: BTech Admission 2019 – Apply Here|
NEET 2019 Important Updates
- NEET 2019 Application Process has been started from 1st November 2018. Click Here to apply for NEET.
NEET 2019 Overview
|EXAM NAME||NEET 2019 (National Eligibility cum Entrance Test)|
|ORGANIZING AUTHORITY||NTA (National Testing Agency)|
|EXAM TYPE||National Level Medical Entrance Exam|
|PROGRAMS OFFERED||MBBS, BDS & Ayush|
|MODE OF EXAM||Pen And Paper Based (offline) mode|
|NUMBER OF QUESTIONS||180|
|SECTION||4 (Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology)|
|MARKING SCHEME||4 Marks awarded for right answer and 1 Mark will be deducted for the wrong answer|
|TYPE OF QUESTIONS||Objective Type Questions|
|EXAM DURATION||Three hours|
|ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA||10+2 with physics, chemistry, biology/biotechnology with English as a compulsory subject|
|EXAM DATE||Will be updated soon.|
NEET 2019 Important Dates
|Release of the application form||1st November 2018|
|Last date to fill the application||7th December 2018 (Extended)|
|The last date to submit the application fee||8th December 2018 (Extended)|
|Correction Window Open||14th – 31st January 2019|
|Admit card release||15th April 2019|
|Exam date||5th May 2019 (2:00 PM – 5:00 PM)|
|The announcement of Result||5th June 2019|
|1st Round Counselling starts||2nd week of June 2019|
NEET 2019 Application Form
NEET 2019 Application form will be available in 1st week of 2018. Eligible candidates for NEET can apply for the exam only online mode. In any case, if there are any changes to be made in application form then, it can be done through the official website, only one application form can be submitted for an applicant. Multiple applications for the same candidate will not be accepted and entertained. After the release of official notification, we will update online application link here. The duly filled NEET Application Form 2019 can be sent to the given address:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092”
NEET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
For 15% All India Quota Seats
- Must be of Indian Nationality.
- The applicant has to be 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the required age on or before December 31, 2019.
- General category applicants have to be maximum 25 years of age as on December 31, 2019, to seek admission under the 15% All India State Quota.
- By a period of 5 years (30 years) the upper age limit of reserved categories is relaxed.
- Candidate should have qualified 10+2 with PCB and any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course as prescribed by the NCERT.
- Or the candidate should have passed B.Sc Examination of any Indian University with not less than 2 of the following subjects – Chemistry, Biology/Botany/Zoology, Physics, and Biotechnology.
- General category candidates will have to secure at least 50% marks in P, C, B together in 10+2 examination while the Reserved category candidates will have to obtain 40% marks minimum.
Domicile: Students from Jammu and Kashmir, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana are not eligible for the 15% All India Quota Seats.
For Seats under States/Universities/Institutions/AFMC the eligibility criteria are
- Must be 17 years on or before December 31, 2019.
- Candidate must be Indian.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission depending upon the states.
- According to the different states/universities/institutions.
- The application fee for the general category candidates will be Rs. 1400.
- The application fee for the reserved category candidates will be Rs. 750.
- The payment made by candidates for the application can be done thru the “credit card”, “debit card” or “net banking”.
- The payment made by candidates for the application can also be done via the bank challan also.
NEET 2019 Exam Pattern
- It’s a pen and paper based entrance exam and according to expected time, it will be done in May 2019.
- It will be multiple choice papers, and every question will have 4 options to be answered from which you can select the one.
- The paper for this exam will include 180 questions and each question will be marked as 4 numbers.
- The time period for this exam will be 3 hours.
- The exam can be given into English, Hindi, or Vernacular mode, this is conducted by authority.
- For every wrong answer, the negative marking will be as 1 mark per answer.
Reservation of Seats
|Category of the Applicant||Percentage of Reservation|
|Scheduled Tribe Category (ST)||7.5%|
|Scheduled Caste Category (SC)||15%|
|Physically Handicapped Category||3%|
NEET 2019 Cutoff Marks
Candidates have to get marks more than cut off to qualify for NEET. NEET 2019 cutoff will be released with the result. it will depend upon different factors such as the number of candidates appeared in the examination, performance and difficulty level of the exam. Here you can get the better idea from the previous year NEET Cutoff.
|OBC, SC & ST||288|
|OBC, SC, ST – PH||288|
NEET 2019 Admit Card
- In April 2019, the candidates can avail their admit cards
- Admit card will be released by authority on the website
- The admit card should have proper print including exam duration, exam date, venue, reporting time etc.
- And all the candidates are requested to be with admit card when they visit the examination hall
NEET 2019 Result
- The result can be checked through the official website.
- The result will be announced in June 2019.
- Candidates need registration number along with roll number to get the results.
- Candidates should download the Result for further use, as it can be asked from counseling board when candidates visit there.
- The conducting authority will release the answer key in June 2019.
- The answer key assists the candidates to calculate an idea of the score candidates have acquired in the exam.
- Medical Counselling Committee (MCC) will be the conducting committee of the counseling process.
- It will be done online to allot eligible applicants in the 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates who have qualified the examination and are present in the merit list will have to register themselves online for counseling.
- On the ranking of the applicant in the merit list and his/her given preference, final allotment of seats will be done based.
- Candidates will be allotted seats according to their ranking in the state merit list.
NEET 2019 Important Points
- You can apply through online mode only.
- It will be conducted in one phase only.
- The minimum age limit is 17 years as on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- You have to score minimum 50% marks for general, 40% marks for SC/ST & OBC and 45% marks for general-PH in PCB subject group.
- NEET syllabus will comprise of Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects.
- The exam will be organized through pen and paper based mode.
- Appearing students are also eligible to apply.
Important Books to prepare for NEET 2019
- NCERT- Physics Part 1 and Part 2
- Concepts of Physics by H. C. Verma
- Fundamentals of Physics by Halliday, Resnick and Walker
- D C Pandey Objective Physics
- Problems in General Physics by I. E. Irodov
- NCERT Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd for Organic Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Concise Inorganic Chemistry by J. D. Lee for Inorganic Chemistry
- Modern’s ABC of Chemistry for class 11th and 12th
- Dinesh Chemistry
- NCERT Biology of Class XI and XII
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Trueman’s Biology Vol 1 and 2
- GRB Bathla’s Publication’s for Biology
- Pradeep Publication’s Biology
Prepare according to the syllabus
- The syllabus will be based on a common syllabus prescribed by the MCI (Medical Council of India).
- It will be prescribed after the review of various state syllabus as well as CBSE, NCERT & COBSE.
- The syllabus will have topics from Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology subjects.
- The syllabus will be based on the 11th & 12th class standard.
- Study Schedule: Preparing as per the timetable will help you to cover all parts of the syllabus. For examination, candidates should prepare a good timetable without including long hours of the study period.
- Works on Weaker Areas: Sometimes it happens that students are very strong in one subject & weak in others. Candidates have to focus on their weaker topics. You have to work hard & try to solve the weaker topics with the help of your teacher.
- Good Study Materials: It is necessary to study NCERT books as well as books prescribed for NEET preparation, to score good marks.
- Practice Online Mock Test: Many educational websites give the facility of mock test. Students can practice for the test with the help of online mock test. Mock Test will improve your skills, knowledge, performance & you are able to know your timing too.
- Maintain your Health: Candidates should also take care of their health. Avoid junk and oily foods and take healthy diet plans. Do meditation and yoga exercises for better concentration. With a better health, you can concentrate better in your studies.